Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Should add that I do think they'll bring the hits (well, more popular stuff) to the Pyramid. Wouldn't shock me to see Creep make an appearance. 

Godddddddddddddd damn I can't believe all y'all are wanting to trade a beautiful, life-affirming 2017 headline slot to watch the same band play songs they don't wanna play from twenty years ago.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Godddddddddddddd damn I can't believe all y'all are wanting to trade a beautiful, life-affirming 2017 headline slot to watch the same band play songs they don't wanna play from twenty years ago.

Didn't say I wanted Creep. Just that it wouldn't surprise me if they brought it out as a crowd pleaser.

I'm not going in 2017 so sod the headliners.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Will a crowd be that familiar with anything off Drones? Or The 2nd Law? Or anything that isnt Uprising from The Resistance? 

Muse obviously are obviously less popular than the other two, where you just can't escape Coldplay and Adele. I still think their set will be quite a lot more familiar than the type of set Radiohead might play. It also helps that people have chose to go and see Muse headline, whereas you get people waiting for the headliner at the sub slots. I'll be there if they play that slot anyway. Madness, TLSP, Radiohead then New Order is an absolutely superb night.

This is a set I think could happen at Glastonbury, it's 1 1/2 hours long.

Burn the Witch

15 Step

There There

Decks Dark

Nude

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The Numbers

Ful Stop

Daydreaming

The National Anthem

Identikit

Idioteque

True Love Waits

Everything In Its Right Place

Encore

Paranoid Android

Edited by Acid_Haze

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Burn the Witch

15 Step

There There

Decks Dark

Nude

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The Numbers

Ful Stop

Daydreaming

The National Anthem

Identikit

Idioteque

True Love Waits

Encore

Paranoid Android

Needs more Karma Police.

9 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Burn the Witch

15 Step

There There

Decks Dark

Nude

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

The Gloaming

The Numbers

Ful Stop

Daydreaming

The National Anthem

Identikit

Idioteque

True Love Waits

Encore

Paranoid Android

No reckoner, no party

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Muse obviously are obviously less popular than the other two, where you just can't escape Coldplay and Adele. I still think their set will be quite a lot more familiar than the type of set Radiohead might play. 

True.

But, fuck 'familiar':

Radiohead's set will be inherently BETTER. 

They're good enough to transcend all that 'for a [nearly] headliner act to make an amazing impression / show everyone has to 'know' the songs' bullshit.

And - fuck it - they could do that by playing mostly AMSP songs with an orchestra.

I could veer off into whinsome hyperbole here...but you get the picture.

They would be a great booking in that slot for more than one reason obviously. Massively increases the chance of LCD Soundsystem playing on Sunday. At least I hope anyway. It would be a kick in the bollocks if they put Discloure on the Sunday.

it's been mentioned on here for a month-plus i know, but where did the info come from that we have to stand in the pit and endure Last Shadow Puppets before the inevitable 90 mins of Radiohead. I noticed Neil hasn't elevated them to that 3rd Pyramid spot yet, but how sure are we that's who we're getting? Was hoping for something better, Flaming Lips/'03-quality at least...Tame Impala would fit in nicely there, as would Art Garfunkel of course

I'm also fully prepared for the sad inevitability of missing Kurt Vile & the Violators because of the Radiohead thing

Edited by tevaburger

5 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

it's been mentioned on here for a month-plus i know, but where did the info come from that we have to stand in the pit and endure Last Shadow Puppets before the inevitable 90 mins of Radiohead. I noticed Neil hasn't elevated them to that 3rd Pyramid spot yet, but how sure are we that's who we're getting? Was hoping for something better, Flaming Lips/'03-quality at least...Tame Impala would fit in nicely there, as would Art Garfunkel of course

I'm also fully prepared for the sad inevitability of missing Kurt Vile & the Violators because of the Radiohead thing

Neil has info that Saturday its Madness, TLSP, ?, Adele. If you look at the rumours page he doesn't put stuff in day/stage unless he is certain of it, but he's confident that info is right. 

Edited by Alan_C

5 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

it's been mentioned on here for a month-plus i know, but where did the info come from that we have to stand in the pit and endure Last Shadow Puppets before the inevitable 90 mins of Radiohead. I

If you didn't have to watch the support act to get into the pit for the Stones or Dolly then I doubt you'd have to do it for this.

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's not really a case of trading since none of us have tickets for next year, and there are zero guarantees they will headline next year. 

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Neil has info that Saturday its Madness, TLSP, ?, Adele. If you look at the rumours page he doesn't put stuff in day/stage unless he is certain of it, but he's confident that info is right. 

familiar with what he does...just wondered why madness have always been there, but not the Lost Shadow Puppets

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you didn't have to watch the support act to get into the pit for the Stones or Dolly then I doubt you'd have to do it for this.

i was perhaps a bit over-cautious for Stones and went in before Elvis...great afternoon, early evening mind you, but surely it was difficult to barge into the pit right after Primal Scream, w/o a truly impressive effort? surely it couldn't have been an easy stroll from say, up at the park watching Rodriguez...or down the hill from Stevie Winwood.

and Radiohead fans are pretty obsessive...

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Haha sorry. Having a real nightmare at the minute. Probably shouldn't be on here half-reading comments :P

;)

2 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

familiar with what he does...just wondered why madness have always been there, but not the Lost Shadow Puppets

Haven't heard anything about TLSP's day or stage - it's just an assumption. One I agree with, but an assumption nonetheless.