Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

No Glastonbury announcements in Radiohead announcements days... coincidences...

Almost as if Glastonbury HQ didn't want to steal the thunder of one of their featured acts...

On 6 May 2016 at 6:04 PM, Chawk said:

Haha great, guess who's leaving tomorrow to spend a week in a mountain bothy with no mains electricity or water, let alone internet or phone signal!

You think that's bad, I'm currently offshore with no access to streaming or downloading until the 8th of June and I have to listen to you lot telling each other how great the new album is for another 4 sodding weeks!:(

6 hours ago, zero000 said:

I appreciate everyone's cynicism but I would absolutely lap up an In Rainbows style boxset for this album. Take my fucking money and build a duck pond Thom, I wouldn't care a jot.

51jfHb9i2rL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

I'm almost with you, zero. Except that I love the 'album' as an independent, beautiful piece of work. So, give me lovely packaging, coloured vinyl on 180g virgin wax with an exceptional pressing, a full choice of file format for the download, hand-numbered outer sleeve and lots of lovely prints and trinkets inside. But I just don't 'need' the bonus LP/CD of extra bits and bobs. Write me 12 extraordinary songs. Tracklist them exactly as you want me to hear them**. Sell me the record.

Smashing

:)

Ben

**the only interesting thing I ever heard about U2 was how for one record (can't remember which) the four of them spent 2-3 weeks arguing about tracklist running order because the whole piece of work meant something to them. I thought, good on them.

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

**the only interesting thing I ever heard about U2 was how for one record (can't remember which) the four of them spent 2-3 weeks arguing about tracklist running order because the whole piece of work meant something to them. I thought, good on them.

Fun fact: Although with The Joshua Tree they just let Kirsty MacColl pick the running order, just as long as it started with Where The Streets Have No Name and ended with Mothers of the Disappeared 

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Happy Radiohead Eve everyone! 

i can't believe it's finally upon us! but i am so fucking pissed that i won't be able to listen along to the album with everybody on Radio 6 at 7 as i'll be in work :( although i shouldn't moan - NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM AHHH

14 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Oxfordshire mansions don't come cheap, and they obviously don't fancy putting on a proper tour to entertain their masses.  Re-releases are money for old rope.  Monetizing the legacy.  A 'no brainer' as our American friends might say.

Radiohead are there for me when I feel happy, sad, downright hateful or adventurous. Nothing to do with record labels, or money. The fact they will make money from this has absolutely nothing to do with any of it. The fact their fans love the talent of the band and its continued innovation is everything. I've friends who live in the 70's and tell me nothing will be the same again. They're totally right.

You know, I like Radiohead song just about as much as I like any other music at its best.

And I like these new songs as much as I like any songs from Radiohead. End result? I am very, very happy that new beauty is being created and I expect at least one more song as good as these two new tracks to be on the album tonight.

I am very happy.

it's so great that i'm just as excited about seeing the album and track titles as i am about hearing the actual music. very rare that the whole world gets to listen to and experience an album all at once like people will be later on with this (i guess James Blake did similar but fucked it by having a midnight release, and not being as good as Radiohead)