Eminem for a headline slot anybody?

technokiduk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather watch a stoned freak make their way down from the Sacred Space and curl off a steaming pile in the shape of the Tor on the stage.

Every year I wait by the phone, but do the bastards ever book me? do they fuck.

I do accept Kanye.

And you forgot proper haircuts and proper instruments.

He had a nice close crop and the man himself is an enormous trumpet, so both of those well covered.

Eminem caused the biggest mass exodus I've ever seen for a headliner at Reading years ago. Can't see him playing any time soon to be honest.

as i always say, not a chance Eminem will ever play Glastonbury. admittedly, he had a great three album run at the start of his career, but it's been utter shite since, and he couldn't be further from what Glastonbury's all about. plus, what he does these days can barely even be called performing. people will chime in and say 'but he plays with a  live band these days!' - what does that matter when the act's namesake isn't even performing live himself!?

as i always say, not a chance Eminem will ever play Glastonbury. admittedly, he had a great three album run at the start of his career, but it's been utter shite since, and he couldn't be further from what Glastonbury's all about. plus, what he does these days can barely even be called performing. people will chime in and say 'but he plays with a  live band these days!' - what does that matter when the act's namesake isn't even performing live himself!?

Seen this a lot, what's so bad about his performances? Don't like the guy but seemed to put on at least a competent show to me.

Is he one of these artists that we are writing off as will never headline?

Or is in the 'well it's gotta happen one day' brackett.

He's played pretty much every major festival going across the world - and he is one of the best selling/biggest artists of all time.

So like... whats to stop him being lumped in the same group as Adele, Rihanna etc in which its a case of - it's gonna happen one day, but when?

Is he one of these artists that we are writing off as will never headline?

Or is in the 'well it's gotta happen one day' brackett.

He's played pretty much every major festival going across the world - and he is one of the best selling/biggest artists of all time.

So like... whats to stop him being lumped in the same group as Adele, Rihanna etc in which its a case of - it's gonna happen one day, but when?

because he's a homophobic, misogynistic idiot. i'm sure many other acts who've played Glastonbury have had similar traits, but not worn them on their sleeves quite so bluntly, and that kind of stuff topping the bill, being broadcast live on the BBC? it's not even like he's mellowed with age - he still makes silly rape jokes (like in Compton this year) and constantly refers to gay men as 'faggots'. the fact that he mimes and uses an insane amount of backing track in his live performances barely matters after all that

because he's a homophobic, misogynistic idiot. i'm sure many other acts who've played Glastonbury have had similar traits, but not worn them on their sleeves quite so bluntly, and that kind of stuff topping the bill, being broadcast live on the BBC? it's not even like he's mellowed with age - he still makes silly rape jokes (like in Compton this year) and constantly refers to gay men as 'faggots'. the fact that he mimes and uses an insane amount of backing track in his live performances barely matters after all that

I wasn't defending I was just showing the possibility that he could well be considered simply because of his back-catalog and consistently strong following.

Glastonbury has never been shy from controversy

I wasn't defending I was just showing the possibility that he could well be considered simply because of his back-catalog and consistently strong following.

Glastonbury has never been shy from controversy

think this is the kind of controversy they'd rather avoid - the whole Metallica thing wasn't something they'd have looked in to before booking them, and the Kanye/Jay Z stuff was just bullshit, but they'd be fully aware of Eminem's controversies and the uproar it could possibly cause. how are the Eavi supposed to defend homophobia and misogyny?

There are many lyrics by Kanye and Jay you could take issue with too, to be honest. 

The real matter as to why he will never play is that the Glastonbury headliner fee is a tiny figure compared to what it actually costs to get him to play.

but they're not famed for those types of lyrics, whereas Eminem is. the fee would definitely be a problem too, yeah. if i remember correctly he was paid an insane amount to headline V a few years back

There are many lyrics by Kanye and Jay you could take issue with too, to be honest.

The real matter as to why he will never play is that the Glastonbury headliner fee is a tiny figure compared to what it actually costs to get him to play.

Do we even listen to the Rolling Stones lyrics any more? Some those are not exactly feminist.

Ask someone on the street to name a JZ song:

"I've got 99 problems but a bitch aint one"

I'd say that is a pretty misogynistic lyric.

He has no problem with his bitch. The man's a feminist!

EDIT: I just went to Wikipedia, and apparently the song is about avoiding getting searched by sniffer dogs...So he's literally talking about a 'bitch', or so he claims.

2nd EDIT: The hook is lifted from this Ice-T song, which is less morally ambiguous, let's put it that way!

http://genius.com/Ice-t-99-problems-lyrics

Edited by stuartbert two hats