Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've no been paying attention to even know info about that was out there, tho surely it would be Kendrick that wasn't? I thought BST had been announced as his only UK show?

Maybe so, I hasn't seen the whole lineup had been announced, well as it is now so I wondered what you were on about. Maybe it is The National for Latitude then. Major Lazer heading surprises me a little bit but I am expecting them to take Other sub easily at this minute.

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've no been paying attention to even know info about that was out there, tho surely it would be Kendrick that wasn't? I thought BST had been announced as his only UK show?

Kendrick's out because BST is apparently his only UK show, Major Lazer are out because they're not a good fit for Latitude, and The National are seemingly out because they've yet to repeat a headliner. could be that none of the headliners are shared this time round (or they're gonna do their first repeat with The National)

i don't think the lack of repeat headliner at latitude is worth reading into much anymore anyway.

last year melvin's initial clues for the latitude headliners of 2015 were that one was an act who had risen through the ranks, one was an act he had been after for years and one was a repeat headliner who enjoyed their previous time so much they were coming back for more. obviously this didn't happen in the end as we didn't get the repeat headliner however it proves melvin is happy to book repeat headliners for latitude now. the interview i'm referencing can be found here btw http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/141202b.shtml

Regarding Melvil's comments for '15, Geoff Barrow had seen the fest with BEAK before and was keen to come back - hence the 'coming back for more' comment.

Longitude last year only had 1 headliner overlap, and about 50% of the initial bill overlap.  Roisin Murphy looks a possible sub for me.  Plus I can guarantee 100% that Tyler, The Creator won't be at Latitude, I'm ITK ;)

please note I have no connection to them

-------- below is their words -------

Interested in volunteering with us in 2016? You can get priority access to opportunities at all our festivals by joining our pool of amazing volunteers.

Being a Charity Concierge is unlike any other festival volunteering experience. The work is fun and engaging and you’ll enjoy the feeling of raising life-changing funds, while offering festival customers a service they really want!

Concierges love working hard and accomplishing great things as a team, but they also enjoy plenty of time off to enjoy the festival (at Latitude, all our concierges worked just three, six hour shifts and all were given at least one full day off.) Be a part of  our fantastic, fun team of people working to change the lives of vulnerable children.

Download Festival (10th-12th June 2016, Leicestershire)
Latitude Festival (14th-17th July 2016, Suffolk)
V Festival (19th-21st August 2016, Essex)
Electric Picnic (2nd-4th September 2016, Dublin)

' application ' http://child.org/charity-concierge-2016

3 minutes ago, swede said:

Just checked the bst website and can't find anything that says its Kendrick lamars only uk show. 

this was posted by BST when he was announced:

'King Kendrick... We're ready for you.
As Kendrick Lamar's only UK festival appearance for 2016 and Florence + The Machine's only UK show for next year, you don't want to miss this'

UK Festival exclusive for BST

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

this was posted by BST when he was announced:

'King Kendrick... We're ready for you.
As Kendrick Lamar's only UK festival appearance for 2016 and Florence + The Machine's only UK show for next year, you don't want to miss this'

UK Festival exclusive for BST

There's no mention of it being an exclusive on the website now though 

Edited by swede

Just now, swede said:

There's no mention of that on the website now though 

i'm not sure if there ever was - just that post (not sure where they posted that, mind). i think there's a good chance he could be at another festival though and that the exclusive mention was just to ensure initial ticket sales

the national seem like a lock to me and thats great. love them but never seen them live.

i really want massive attack to be there too.

its such a long shot but i could see radiohead being there. i think they have love for that festival, thom does anyway...that would be a big steal for them and i wouldnt rule it out 

9 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Does everyone think the Lovebox announcement rules out LCD or makes them more likely? It means they are in the UK that weekend and only on a 'London exclusive' so I can hope...

somebody had info that their two UK shows would be a London show and Glastonbury. Lovebox is your London show, so unless they've got more lined up as well as those two, it'll just be Glastonbury for them (although somebody over on the TITP boards seems to have info that they're playing there as well, so who knows)

So did a bit of checking on Sigur Ros and looks like they are in Belgium on Thursday & then Denmark on Saturday over Latitude weekend before playing Citadel on the Sunday, only leaves the Friday free and would mean an odd detour from Belgium, to Southwold, to Denmark and then back to London over the course of 4 days.  Looks like they aren't going to be back this year.

Excited about even the slightest possibility of the National returning, If there was going to be a first returning headliner then they would fit the bill - I think they have played Latitude 4 times previously over the years, so something of a "house band".

Just looking at the Longitude lineup, I think Jamie xx, and Father John Misty are likely for Lats.