Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GETOFFAMYLAWN

Latitude 2016

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

anyone know why latitude isnt listed in the rumours section of efests?

ummm ... I'd guess because we don't have anything to rumour.

We can serve you up an empty page, if you wish? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ummm ... I'd guess because we don't have anything to rumour.

We can serve you up an empty page, if you wish? :P

:lol: makes sense I suppose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My early(ish) predictions for next year.

Headliners:

- The Last Shadow Puppets
- Gorillaz
- Maccabees or Tame Impala
 
I would reckon we will also see somewhere at the festival:
Father John Misty, Super Furry Animals, Everything Everything, Mercury Rev, Kurt Vile, Beach House, Owl John, FKA Twigs
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

My early(ish) predictions for next year.

Headliners:

- The Last Shadow Puppets
- Gorillaz
- Maccabees or Tame Impala
 
I would reckon we will also see somewhere at the festival:
Father John Misty, Super Furry Animals, Everything Everything, Mercury Rev, Kurt Vile, Beach House, Owl John, FKA Twigs
 

 

I think you'll be right with most of those. I hadn't thought of The Last Shadow Puppets, but I suppose they're in the running with Alex Turner reportedly having been to the fest and liked it a lot a few years ago. Are they headliners though? I don't know how popular they are, but I'd say Massive Attack seem such an obvious choice for a headliner that is be surprised if one slot wasn't them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Anthony and the johnsons playing an italiam festival week before latitude. Must be in the running...

Ooo ooh :) now that's interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2015, 22:03:54, rawaudioinput said:

Anyone seen that Pixies are playing Bilbao BBK the week before Latitude? Exciting times

There's not much overlap between Bilbao and Latitude in '15 - just Alt-J?  Anyways I'd have them in a heartbeat.  Absolutely fantastic at Glasto 14, and good to see a lot of the young'uns were singing along too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latitude is right in peak festival season, so it can be hard to judge who'll play based on who's around. Loads of European festivals that weekend that Pixies could be at, Benicassim being the obvious one. Although Portishead did both this year, Melvin is in charge of both festivals so could persuade them to do both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Latitude is right in peak festival season, so it can be hard to judge who'll play based on who's around. Loads of European festivals that weekend that Pixies could be at, Benicassim being the obvious one. Although Portishead did both this year, Melvin is in charge of both festivals so could persuade them to do both.

BBK is their only festival in Spain. :mom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2015, 5:06:00, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think you'll be right with most of those. I hadn't thought of The Last Shadow Puppets, but I suppose they're in the running with Alex Turner reportedly having been to the fest and liked it a lot a few years ago. Are they headliners though? I don't know how popular they are, but I'd say Massive Attack seem such an obvious choice for a headliner that is be surprised if one slot wasn't them.

Massive Attack would be a great headliner, I could totally see it happening.  

I actually stood behind Alex Turner at Latitude, he was watching Glasvegas in the Uncut tent in 2008, the label on the back of his polo shirt was sticking out and I had to with hold the urge to tuck it in.

Do I think The Last Shadow Puppets could headline? I'm not sure, it depends on the new album really.  Maybe only 6 music stage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Massive Attack would be a great headliner, I could totally see it happening.  

I actually stood behind Alex Turner at Latitude, he was watching Glasvegas in the Uncut tent in 2008, the label on the back of his polo shirt was sticking out and I had to with hold the urge to tuck it in.

Do I think The Last Shadow Puppets could headline? I'm not sure, it depends on the new album really.  Maybe only 6 music stage.

If they are 6music headline size, then it would fit to have them against Gorrilaz or MA. This year they seemed to take a stance of having a rock/guitar act on one stage and a more electronic/dance act on the other. Haim could be another contender for 6music, I can see FR wanting to push them up through the line-up each album until they reach headline size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigur Ros just announced for Dour Festival the week before  ....maybe a tent headliner now..not sure they are big enough for mainstage unfortunately ..well for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dj_tim said:

Any chance of The National? Just been announced for Super Bock Super Rock on the Thursday of Latitude.

So far they have a perfect record of no repeat headliners in 10 years, The National may be Latitude enough to convince them to break that if other options are slim. I'd say there seems to be a lot of options around next year though, so I don't see it. I could imagine them making a bid for Arcade Fire next time they're around though, as repeat headliners go, that's one you can't argue with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So far they have a perfect record of no repeat headliners in 10 years, The National may be Latitude enough to convince them to break that if other options are slim. I'd say there seems to be a lot of options around next year though, so I don't see it. I could imagine them making a bid for Arcade Fire next time they're around though, as repeat headliners go, that's one you can't argue with.

Ah ok, probably unlikely then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the first announcement last year? I am getting overly excited again already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's huge testament to Latitude some of the names that are being thrown around without much opposition. They've really done a good job in making it a big festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just watching recent Neil Young live clips on YouTube, completely unrelated, then I come here and read this. I am the demiurge! If they book Neil Young, I seriously don't give shit what else they book if they get Shakey.

I told my Latitude group, who I have been with four times in a row, that I was gearing up to get my ticket for next year as soon as I have the money. Their reaction really surprised me, they were both sort of "Oh, really, you actually want to go again?". Turns out they're both looking forward to End Of The Road, my years of badgering people to get an EotR group together has returned to bite me. We're all huge Massive Attack fans, so they both agreed that they'd 100% be coming if they played (even though we're going to see them in January). Also both of them love Gorillaz, so for the first time in my life I'm crossing my fingers for Albarn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a few from Melt! (the same weekend) that would fit in.  Chvrches is a shoo-in, but TDCC would be a possibility (if Melvil doesn't see them as more R+L these days).  Jamie xx and Disclosure could be there or thereabouts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...