Have you seen these divs

waynewdk

This sort of thing went on during 90s free festival scene as well .Torpedo town I remember one year had a load of shit going on .Got split into two sites and a incinerator got burned down by some Folks .We always got the proper run around when we visited or tried to site up in Hampshire .Gave up in the end and went over to Ireland for a quiet life .

oooo, another TT-er, hello, we might have met .... :)

I went to four (I think) of those, two of which were in Waterlooville, one at some place I think began with a 'b', and (what i think was the last one?) on Liss Common.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to four (I think) of those, two of which were in Waterlooville, one at some place I think began with a 'b', and (what i think was the last one?) on Liss Common.

Haha! Yeah I do believe Liss was the last one (it was for me anyway ) Had some fun on those Sites ☺.We probably have met at some point .I think I've met Sawdusty as well .I should of come to the Meet at Glastonbury year just gone but I bottled it ...maybe next year if I can afford it .cheers .

On the OP video at 0:37 a Security Guard opens the gate, if you watch carefully. a sensible thing to do and might well have saved someone from getting injured. As it was quite a few managed to face plant on their way in, imagine that with a collapsing gate and/or fence.

Ignoring the debate about what went on before, it is almost certain that the video will have repercussions for the festival when it applies for a license next year, whether it is a reduction in numbers or an improved fence ala "Superfence". From that point of view it is ill-advised but understandable.

Haha! Yeah I do believe Liss was the last one (it was for me anyway ) Had some fun on those Sites ☺.We probably have met at some point .I think I've met Sawdusty as well .I should of come to the Meet at Glastonbury year just gone but I bottled it ...maybe next year if I can afford it .cheers .

I've not yet met Sawdusty, I keep missing him  at Glasto.

But I had a long of good friends (most i'm still in touch with) who lived on the waterlooville site for a year or more, so i was there quite a lot.

On the OP video at 0:37 a Security Guard opens the gate, if you watch carefully. a sensible thing to do and might well have saved someone from getting injured. As it was quite a few managed to face plant on their way in, imagine that with a collapsing gate and/or fence.

You're probably right - I spent the first half of that video in astonishment at how fragile the locking mechanism seemed to be. There have to be vastly superior solutions that provide a nigh-on unmovable barrier.

If it can't be pushed down then it's just a wall, they'll move along and seek a weaker point

Horrible scenes, especially the second vid.

Think it happens quite often at Finsbury Park gigs though... when I went to the Rage Against The Machine free gig there was a lot of people who had broken in.

True, i think there are similar videos on youtube from that Rage gig. And they were all white, so maybe race has got precisely fuck all to do with it?

1990 was on Rake Common near Liss. Went on over two weekends. Was unbelievably hot with no water for miles. The air was full of black dust from the dried out peat and it stuck to everyone's sweat covered faces. 

Good times ...but too many divs there. Most of that crew of divs are now dead.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

1990 was on Rake Common near Liss. Went on over two weekends. Was unbelievably hot with no water for miles. The air was full of black dust from the dried out peat and it stuck to everyone's sweat covered faces. 

Good times ...but too many divs there. Most of that crew of divs are now dead.

yep, was there both weekends as far as I recall, and I remember it was hot and dusty.

That Saturday looks amazing!  

Saturday was beast, completely different crowd compared to Sunday. The crowd for Friendly Fires was so tiny, got to the front, left for a beer at the end, no chance of getting back in, crowd went massive. I could've sworn Slash played too.

Yeah that's Blur playing b-side 'Day Upon Day'. Here's the full clip.

Just under 3 minutes in Damon runs into a speaker and knocks it onto his foot.

That's a cool clip. Cheers. 

The B was Bramdean Common.

Its the one time in my life i have no idea what happened during the night. All i remember is standing and listening to the first bass note of Hawkwind and then somebody suggested we return to our fire.I stood and watched them pack down for a bit wondering what had just happened. For all i know that one bass note was all there was !! And then all of a sudden it was daylight as if somebody had turned a light on.