Peeing on the land

sheffieldlady

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry all, I had to go for about a 9 hour nap!!

The only reason I posted this thread was mainly because we camped in Bushy, which has the stream at the bottom of the field, with a very basic metal fence, lots of don't pee signs and almost nightly there was a lot of men taking a piss against said fence with the stream right there. I did mention it to one "young adult" his reply was "I don't care, it doesn't matter anyhow, they make lots of money" I attempted to reason with him but he got quite threatening, so I left the kid alone.

Not to mention people peeing against fences NEXT to food stalls! One women was breastfeeding her kid with someone pissing on a fence. Its insane.

Also saw a lot of water testing people this year in the camp site, and I dont recall ever seeing the messages on the screen like this year!

Horrible.story about people peeing the crowd to, no grown up should have to deal with that, let alone a 11 year old! Glad that it didn't ruin the festival though.

Those screens are certainly a lot smaller.  Were they bigger this year than 2014?  Seemed massive on the telly.

Not sure of the size compared to last year, but they're definitely better ones, outstanding quality images as far as I could see, and I don't wear my glasses at the festival so I'm used to it all being a bit blurry! For the Libertines the screens were showing it all in black and white which looked amazing. 

I didn't think it was as bad this year, there has always been pissing against the fences in the urinals but a lot of them had more troughs which was helping.

As disgusting as it is someone pissing in the middle of a field by a stage is not going to find its way into a stream very quickly, if it did they woulld be full of booze from all the dropped drinks. Where the problem spots are ie. in run off areas near streams put more toilets in. Shangri La seemed to be better this year but if you are down at the far end of the railway track it's a long ass walk through the crowds.

Shaming is all well and good but you will find that people will think 'it's only me how can one persons piss make a difference to the streams' not realising that thousands of other people are think the same thing and cumulative damage. Start the campaign early and spread the message in the same way as take your stuff home this year. While still a shit hole Pennards was the best I have seen it in a few years.

I don't know what the uptake on the shepee urinals are but should they really not be staff at night as well as day? While I did see women pissing in the bushes/crowds etc. that is far outweighed by the number of men who are doing it.

With regard to the height of the urinals I'm over six feet tall and I quite enjoy the challenge of a chest high urinal. I saw a guy at one urinal having a piss while drinking a pint of tuborg it was like the glasto version of the human centipede.

As for the guy that pissed on the young girls legs that's just wrong, even if you are the kind of person to piss wherever the fuck you want you would still have thought there would be enough decency to not piss of someone let alone a kid.

I experienced a shocking amount of both sexes peeing where they were stood/sat/eating last year at V. Only went for The Killers on a day ticket but have never experienced anything like it for inconsiderate 20 something's and teenagers. One bloke just whacked his Rodger out right in front of where we were eating and went for it!

Sounds like they are migrating to Glastonbury.

A special mention to the scouse mafia who pollute the festival every year, apologies to any Liverpudlian who is decent but I'm yet to meet a genuinely nice scouser at the past 11 Glastonburys who isn't on the rob, selling gear, understanding of the festival ethos, or has any sense of humility, or denying disabled people the opportunity to use the toilet.

As sweeping generalisations go, that's a corker.

Yes there are a lot of scouse knob heads there, there are also a lot of knob heads who I have no clue where they're from. Because the scouse accent is so distinguishable, it's easy to pin point them immediately.

When someone else is being a twat, do you ask them where they are from so you can start a list and see if you find how other people from the same area compare?

Perhaps next year we can have your views on twatish behaviour by people from Market Drayton.

For the record, I'm not scouse but have met plenty of really pleasant ones at the festival.

In other news, I didn't see one person piss anywhere but in the toilets this year. Maybe it was the stages I was frequenting.

those who pee in a bottle in the tent, do you carry it to the toilet? or just empty in the campsite? Curious as a non bottle pisser. :D

Carry it to the toilet each morning. As I empty it, I always think the person in the next stall probably thinks I'm a horse.

Was my first Glastonbury and my overriding feeling was that there just wasn't enough toilets. Sunday night between Jamie T and Chems (was quite near the front) it took me a round trip of 35 minutes to get to and back from have a piss. The nearest toilets were right at the back of the other or the ones over past the glade (both of which had enormous queues) - I don't condone pissing on the land but it makes it a lot easier for people to justify if is that much of a hassle

Had a run in with a lad by the Other Stage this year...right after The Chems

Just stood there cock in hand spraying across the field, and my 5 month pregnant better half almost walked straight into the line of fire.

Didnt give you a shit, until he endured my wrath...think my words of f**k off back to Reading and stay there, and we dont need f***ing w*******s like you here putting our festival at risk, are possibly still ringing in his ears. I was bloody close to pushing him over and rolling him in his own p1$$.

Ive never ever seen this before at Glasto,.....fair enough youre desperate and cant get to a loo, sure weve all been there at some point...but pick up a bloody empty cup or something....There is never an excuse for p1$$ing on the land...Empty cups are everywhere, piss in one and take it to a loo after if you really cant control your bladder....Failing that if you really cant control youre bladder after a few drinks to the point where getting to the toilet is an issue you probably ought to drink a little less.

If we all behaved like these idiots we wouldnt have a festival anymore... grrrr rant over

This is our 4th Glastonbury and I have never seen so much pissing against hedges. It was blokes pissing on the grass next to where people were eating that really made me cross. At the Other Stage, to the left, there was actually a queue to piss up the wall! It stank and bearing in mind the wall separated the food stall bit, it all seemed a bit grim. 

I also had a run in witha lad in the camper van field, now my memory is returning :)

We were camped right down by the headge in E21, lovely spot if i do say so myself.. But on the Thursday morning a lad sleeping in a tent by a van a few metres up decided he would walk round the back of our van and pee through fence into the hedge.

Unluckily for him I was around the back of our van at the time filling up our water tank.

He also got the third degree....not least because we were a whole 30 second walk from the portaloos.  Needless to say he didnt manage to pee in the hedge on that occasion, but he just trudged off without even so much of a grunt.....Obviouly publicly shamed by me shouting so loudly at him  ithink the people in E24  heard it :)

Edited by BeddyDriver

I have a feeling the festival doesn't feel quite as existentially threatened these days. In the noughties, the festival had been forced to erect the super fence, Jean had died, Michael was aging and the whole thing seemed teetering of the edge of collapse.  Every year looked as if it could be the last.

Now it has a license stretching many years into the future, a new office and young management.  It seems indestructible.  In the 90s, as a young lad from the country I used to piss in the streams. I had no idea about the problems it could cause and I was pretty used to going camping in small groups and doing a little wee against a tree.  Then I found out about the water sampling and the risk of the festival being shut down and I took it seriously, given the context of the time.  I stopped pissing in the streams like a dickhead.  

I wonder if teenage dickhead Stu from the 90s would have taken the threat to the festival so seriously in the modern context?  I honestly don't know, I'd like to think so, but I don't know. 

Not enough toilets really isn't an excuse. Granted some of the queues for the long drops were a bit long after the big acts, but most of the offenders were men and I never had to wait more than two minutes for the urinals. So many times I saw guys pissing against the fences of the urinals. 

On a related note, what happened to the Green Police? I remember them a few festivals ago but somewhere along the line but haven't seen them for the last two or three. Granted they couldn't actually enforce that much, but having someone with a remit telling you off in front of others for pissing in the wrong place would be enough for some not to do it again. 

I never once had to queue to use the urinals, there is no excuse for peeing on the land! toilets were always in great nick as well. I never had to walk far to find on either.

I think it's time for individuals to be removed off site if caught...

I saw a girl bring a large bucket out from her tent on the short cut from kidney mead to the cider bus through the tents and just pour the whole thing full of piss onto the floor just away from where we were walking. No remorse or guilt just blatant disregard. I willed it go all inside her hunters.

Simply pissing in the crowd in front of a stage because the toilets are too far away for you to be bothered with seems to becoming increasing accepted. Observed this happen several times in front of Pyramid this year, one kid pissing on a bloke in front of him and women just squatting down whenever it suited - and they seemed to do this in such a matter-of-fact way that I firmly believe that they actually thought that it was a normal thing to do. Unbelievable.

Saw less hedge pissing, though certain areas still seemed to be popular, e.g. fence line left in King's Meadow. Lots of folks pissing on the wrong side of the urinal fencing too. Worrying.

None of my lot ever puss on the land but some people are animals - I can barely use urinals at the best of times and some of them were sick - peoe in the queue not bothering to wait for a trough to open up and just going on the floor - disgusting!