Peeing on the land

sheffieldlady

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the worst place I saw was against the green hoardings to the right of the other stage. Seemed to people going against it constantly. There is a security camera pod just around the corner from this spot.

now I'm not for data capture of people's faces but could the facial recognition technology available be used to gets these people's faces matched to their ticket photographs and ban them from applying for future tickets?

I think the worst place I saw was against the green hoardings to the right of the other stage. Seemed to people going against it constantly. There is a security camera pod just around the corner from this spot.

now I'm not for data capture of people's faces but could the facial recognition technology available be used to gets these people's faces matched to their ticket photographs and ban them from applying for future tickets?

Sounds like you are.

Sounds like you are.

No I'm not, in a government type database way, but seeing as Glastonbury has all our faces on their system anyway, could it not be used to help prevent these people from doing it or as another form deterrent?

I vote they just electrify the hoardings and fences...that would stop them ....f&cking animals

At Pukkelpop in Belgium, loads of fences have urinals/troughs fastened to them. It's easier to pee in one than not. Good idea I think

They did this at T in the Park a few years back to get over the problem and it seemed to work very well

would most people say it was mainly young adults doing this? I didn't see any veterans wrongdoing.

Very true - what I will say is that the crowd generally seemed much younger this year, maybe a reaction to Kanye etc. that saw older people leave/younger ones come in. Good for the festival I think, BUT...

Unacceptable to piss on the land, I noticed far more of it this year. Even if the 'no trace' message hasn't been drilled into these people (potentially first timers) like it has us who have been going a while, it's not acceptable to piss on land when there is a toilet a two-minute walk away - literally. On the plus side, less litter about this morning from what I could see. 

I was in one of the Leftfield debates, and a chap came in late on and started shouting some anti-left rubbish, heckling the speakers but without any real comment (and declined his chance to take the mic when offered), came across as a Right-wing loud mouth...

Yesterday I saw the same lad shoving his way through a urinal queue, and when I got in there he was going up against the fence rather than the urinal.

Not sure he really got the Glastonbury ethos.

Oh, AND he dropped & left his empties in Leftfield for somwone else to clear up.

would most people say it was mainly young adults doing this? I didn't see any veterans wrongdoing.

Yeah that was my experience. I think it's because the whole don't piss on the floor message was done to death five years ago and worked remarkably well, the focus in recent years has been the "leave no trace" pack your stuff up one.

But with that message being eased up on the culture has changed - people don't feel comfortable confronting people over it in the same way they used to, and honestly I don't think most of them get that it's putting the festival license at risk. I imagine they will message really strong on this next year (probably at the expense of "leave no trace").

Even the Glasto app sent out a push notification about it!

I saw a lot less in the daytime - night at Arcadia was awful. What did please me was the lack of NOS capsules. A massive improvement on last year, going on my early morning walks through the as-yet-uncleaned fields.

I was in one of the Leftfield debates, and a chap came in late on and started shouting some anti-left rubbish, heckling the speakers but without any real comment (and declined his chance to take the mic when offered), came across as a Right-wing loud mouth...

Talking of this, someone in Leftfield brought up that a Guardian poll on Thursday suggested 74% of Glastonbury goers voted Tory in the election. Of course I was stunned, turned out it was a fake made by somebody on Twitter but the Guardian ran with it anyway :lol:

EDIT: Just remembered that might be the same debate, I remember a guy shouting then refusing to ask a question

Edited by GlastoSimon

Unfortunately at a festival of 175,000 people, it only takes 5% of people pissing on the land for it be noticeable. I do find that 90% of the time it's a generic Uni-Lad looking cretin who clearly doesn't understand the ethos of the festival. 

Putting urinals along the fences is a good idea. The only way to solve the problem is to either go overboard on the toilet facilities or really go to town policing the toilets and other land peeing hotspots. 

Some of the urinals had been created by Giants, I'm 5ft 11" and could barely peek to the ones at the bottom of KM and the ones on the left side of Pyramid.

Definitely this! At 5'6" I feel like I need a step ladder at some of them. Had to wait a few times for the ones that looked like the lowest point in the pipe! 

Talking of this, someone in Leftfield brought up that a Guardian poll on Thursday suggested 74% of Glastonbury goers voted Tory in the election. Of course I was stunned, turned out it was a fake made by somebody on Twitter but the Guardian ran with it anyway :lol:

EDIT: Just remembered that might be the same debate, I remember a guy shouting then refusing to ask a question

The Guardian didn't run with it, they didn't use it at all from what I can see, although one or two senior members of staff may have retweeted. The Telegraph wrote a review that used it as fact though.  xD

http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2015/06/29/too-much-of-a-tall-s-tory/

I noticed it a lot less this year than the other years I've been.

There were lots of blokes pissing against the fence inside the urinals, can't get my head around that.

But I didn't see anyone pissing in the open at stages like previous years. Groups of girls crowded around a mate while she squats etc.

The messaging was definitely stronger. Hopefully it gets through to the majority. Unless they take steps to kick people out, or ban people, which without making it a mini police state would be difficult, I can't see what more they can do.

The Guardian didn't run with it, they didn't use it at all from what I can see, although one or two senior members of staff may have retweeted. The Telegraph wrote a review that used it as fact though.  xD

http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2015/06/29/too-much-of-a-tall-s-tory/

Silly me, I misread and assumed the print was from the Guardian! Funny in hindsight, once again shows how social media = v. lazy journalism. 

On a slightly unrelated note, did any one see the tents literally in the walk way to the Urinals at the back of the other stage? People were pissing up the wall of the urinal with someone camped about a foot away from the otherwise of the wall.

Who the the hell camps virtually in urinal?

Edited by tweed1981

It all happened pretty quickly and managed to calm her down and get her cleaned up in no time.

She can't be that scarred....she wants to go again next year haha :)

How was Camplite?

camplight was good a lot of families up there - big family tents are quite a thing to have set up already. nice vibe great stewards, the staff were incredibly helpful and cheery. nice to have that view of the festival again after years in CV fields. Wife had a few reservations - she was in tears after we arrived - it's difficult to go back under canvas after so long in a van.

I saw a lot less in the daytime - night at Arcadia was awful. What did please me was the lack of NOS capsules. A massive improvement on last year, going on my early morning walks through the as-yet-uncleaned fields.

I was really surprised too - watched the sunrise twice and there was no whoosing noises - very pleasant. :)

Maybe urinating should be made illegal ;)

Edited by 5co77ie