Peeing on the land

sheffieldlady

It said in the Free Press that Emily was 'attending a meeting about high urine levels in streams'.

On Saturday morning at 5.30am I was walking to work past the top of Pyramid. An older guy was pissing against the fence DIRECTLY under a don't pee on the land sign. I shouted at him, he jumped, and ended up pissing all over his feet and trousers. Karma's a bitch... ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once got directed away from some toilets  in the after hours area.  I was 20 yards away and got told by they stewards that I had to "go back around" or something (either way they weren't letting me through).  Suffice to say I had to piss in 3 cups and carry these pint wise to the urninals, took me bloody ages.

I understand the need for the one way system, but surely a bit of discretion would have worked.  Had I (and my mates) not had the cups I think I would have had to piss in the bushes. :(

Maybe it's time to bring the Green Police back - the shock factor means anyone who is caught by them/sees someone being caught by them will be put right off

I though they were stopped because the weren't very effective - at least for the numbers of them? The whole embarrassment thing would still work a treat though, so maybe instead of using facial recognition (which I'm sure the festival would be set against anyway) they could just be photographed in the act and some of the pictures posted on the screens along with the 'don't pee on the land' message. That should be embarrassing enough for plenty of people.

I wish they'd completely drop the 'don't pee in the streams' message though, as not many people do and it just confuses the whole bit about not peeing on the land. I'm sure some people just think it'll never get in the water table if they're nowhere near a stream. Or maybe they just don't give a cr@p.

It was much improved this year, they really hammered home 3 messages:  Lockups, Pissing and Take it home.  All 3 had an impact.

I was in the leftfield tent, of all places, when a woman came up and asked if I'd hold a coat round her so she could piss.  She was not impressed when I told her what I thought of pissing on the ground and it got a bit mardy for a minute.  It took longer for the conversation to occur than it would have to walk the 60 metres to the toilets.

Nothing beats the young.. very pretty girls I saw in broad daylight sat against a bin in the market place near the other stage with her piss just flushing out accross the trodden mud... Literally no shame

I think I can beat that one!

Having worked the weekend and did a shift on the Pyramid viewing platforms for disabled access I had a young female (not worthy of the lady title) arrive at disabled toilets hobbling awkwardly on a crutch, it didn't look right and when she came out of the toilet she had the crutch under the other arm, i tapped my colleague on the shoulder and said track her walking away and wait for it.

Predictably she glanced over her shoulder when she had reached a distance and then just ran into the crowd, the amount of abuse I got for not allowing able bodied people to fill up the toilets used for wheel chair users was a real eye opener given that the toilets are a couple of minutes walk away, and surprisingly it was all women.

Three of which ranting and slurred that they were pregnant to which i replied why are you drinking so much and asking me to consider your unborn child, only to be greeted by silence!

A special mention to the scouse mafia who pollute the festival every year, apologies to any Liverpudlian who is decent but I'm yet to meet a genuinely nice scouser at the past 11 Glastonburys who isn't on the rob, selling gear, understanding of the festival ethos, or has any sense of humility, or denying disabled people the opportunity to use the toilet.

All said and done there was as always no shortage of decent folk ready and willing to share experiences, chat, smile, give and help others so its not all bad. 

I went to Download two weeks ago and I can guarantee you that Glastonbury has a tiny problem compared to them.

I hardly saw anyone pissing outside the toilets at Glastonbury this weekend but Download was really bad.

I would go as far as to say that at any given point you could turn around and find some one pissing.Even the wall by the side of the second stage has been christened 'the pissing wall'

On the 'leave no trace' message, it was my wife's first trip to a festival and we walked across the main stage last night when it was empty after the Who had finished.she was stunned how much rubbish was on the floor.

I didn't like to tell her that this was about a quarter of the rubbish left at Download or Reading.

A few points though, the bins were totally overflowing last night.People were trying to balance their rubbish on top of the pile that was already there.Surely if they want us to 'leave no trace' they could have emptied the bins a bit more often.,maybe provide a few more.

Also, I'm sure the festival provided more toilets that are legally required but if they are desperately trying to reduce the water level in the land, surely they could have put some more toilets around the place?

camplight was good a lot of families up there - big family tents are quite a thing to have set up already. nice vibe great stewards, the staff were incredibly helpful and cheery. nice to have that view of the festival again after years in CV fields. Wife had a few reservations - she was in tears after we arrived - it's difficult to go back under canvas after so long in a van.

Sounds good! Looking at options for next year back on site. Possibly here....although I has a look at Wickets on Wednesday night and there was still loads of space

To be fair, the emptying of bins was the best I'd ever seen it this year.  You have to appreciate that late in the evening it is almost impossible for them to be driving trucks through changing bins, but they managed a cracking job during the day.