2016 Other Stage headliners

Rose-Colored Boy

7 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I'm amazed that people have actually listened to Muse's latest albums all the way through. Very occasionally hearing a single makes it obvious they're not worth your time.

Nah you just have to listen to them for comedy instead of musical quality. The sheer amount of bewildering awfulness makes them pretty enjoyable in a 'The Room' sort of way. The 2nd Law especially has more terrible decisions on it than any other album I've heard and is hilarious because of it, and Drones has this whole bizarre homoerotic thing going on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

You've got strength
You've got soul
You're not afraid
You're not a drone
You can grow (you can grow)
You can grow (you can grow)
You can make this world what you want
You can revolt
You can revolt
You can revolt

Oh for fucks sake. This is you who's tried to add me on Facebook, isn't it? Own up.

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They did the same thing for their Wembley Arena show didn't they? I seem to remember it being announced almost a year in advance.

Yup, I'm intrigued to see how quick it sells out. I'm expecting London and Manchester to go fairly quick as they are well populated cities. I think there would be more chance of them heading Other if it was a June tour but it's more likely to be used to get some hype for Download ahow I'd suspect.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, I'm intrigued to see how quick it sells out. I'm expecting London and Manchester to go fairly quick as they are well populated cities. I think there would be more chance of them heading Other if it was a June tour but it's more likely to be used to get some hype for Download ahow I'd suspect.

think you've got it the wrong way round - surely their Other headlining show at the biggest festival in the world will be used as exposure to sell tickets to their upcoming tour a few months later? what better exposure for your new huge stage show is there than that!?

Yeah there's no slot for them on the Download bill unless they take Motorhead's place and whoever is sub that day is shifted down for them. All the hints so far suggest they'll be at Glasto.

Don't like gigs going on sale this far in advance. Will wait to see if they're confirmed for Glastonbury first, that and I really don't like the O2 as a venue.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

think you've got it the wrong way round - surely their Other headlining show at the biggest festival in the world will be used as exposure to sell tickets to their upcoming tour a few months later? what better exposure for your new huge stage show is there than that!?

I get that but if they are being lineup up for Download next year then they would at least want a tour of interest from people that have been who are buzzing from it and are like, they're playing Download we need tickets. I think it works for both ways. I had already mentioned tbh in reply before that Glasto only for TV coverage but I'm still not convinced it'll be headline. If it is then it is, not that bothered.

2 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Why is everybody so sure that Bring Me The Horizon will be headlining the Other Stage this year? Has it been confirmed?

They've hinted at playing a couple of times and it's the only festival remaining they could potentially be at. You'd think they'll definitely be somewhere in the UK this Summer.

And Other headliner makes the most sense.

and even then, they haven't had much commercial success, the singles from the new album haven't even broke the top 50.

they'll sell their arenas well as there's plenty of 18 year old Kerrang/R&L kids to go, but I don't think there's remotely enough of an interested audience at Glastonbury to warrant an Other headliner slot.

subbing is far more likely IMO.

only way I see them headlining is if Glastonbury can't manage to get anyone else to do it.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

All the bitching & faux reasoning as to why BMTH shouldn't headline the Other Stage is hilarious.

They're perfectly suited to it & I hope that they do, that's not to say I'm a fan but I can think of no genuine reason why they shouldn't. 

right you are. giving them anything less than Other headliner would be pretty silly, especially with the newly announced arena dates - many Other headliners hadn't stepped foot in arenas at their time of playing. as for them not being able to pull a crowd, that's people assuming that Glastonbury attendees are narrow minded when it comes to music. i'm sure there will be tons of people ecstatic at the prospect of BMTH being there. they won't pull the biggest crowd, but it definitely won't be a noticeably empty field either

The thing is, there might be an argument that they wouldn't play because they're unsuited and wouldn't draw a crowd and whatever, as is the case for many many bands. But why would they be decidedly unsuited so accept a lower slot, when they're hoping to make a leap up to the top of major festival bills on this album? Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

All the bitching & faux reasoning as to why BMTH shouldn't headline the Other Stage is hilarious.

They're perfectly suited to it & I hope that they do, that's not to say I'm a fan but I can think of no genuine reason why they shouldn't. 

That's right... anyone who disagrees with your view is 'faux reasoning'. or bitching. 

As I've said, the reason I think they shouldn't is because they aren't very popular for a Glastonbury crowd. I think the crowd would be tiny for the Other Stage Headliner... which isn't great for anyone.

Its not a dig at them really - just can't see this happening.

Edited by Vanderlyle

6 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

That's right... anyone who disagrees with your view is 'faux reasoning'. or bitching. 

As I've said, the reason I think they shouldn't is because they aren't very popular for a Glastonbury crowd. I think the crowd would be tiny for the Other Stage Headliner... which isn't great for anyone.

You're entitled to your opinion...

you're totally wrong, but you're entitled to it nevertheless.