Cashless? I'm stunned at the apathy.

t8yman

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hearing from someone on the gate that a lot of tags aren't working and a lot of metal heads are starting to get angry about it. Well on the plus side, the recognition software will come in handy for lots of prosecutions if things do deteriorate.

Edited by 5co77ie

I'm hearing from someone on the gate that a lot of tags aren't working and a lot of metal heads are starting to get angry about it. Well on the plus side, the recognition software will come in handy for lots of prosecutions if things do deteriorate.

I shouldn't laugh but...

The shit will go up for anyone there on Saturday and Sunday as heavy rain is due to hit. Standing around for hours in the rain in a queue waiting to sort a wristband out lol. Friday is a chance of rain too lol. At least when the American fest I went to put electronic bits int he wristband for stage check in's it worked, albeit incorrect act sometimes lol.

The shit will go up for anyone there on Saturday and Sunday as heavy rain is due to hit. Standing around for hours in the rain in a queue waiting to sort a wristband out lol. Friday is a chance of rain too lol. At least when the American fest I went to put electronic bits int he wristband for stage check in's it worked, albeit incorrect act sometimes lol.

Thanks for the lols about the rain.

Thanks for the lols about the rain.

You're welcome, I've just been on twitter. Can you believe after hours of queuing on this system, for which I'm fucking very glad I'm got no weekend ticket btw, Andy replied with a comment to someone sounding annoyed at it and if problems persisted basically there would be riots with, 'Don't be so dramatic, we're sorting it'. It get's worse!

You're welcome, I've just been on twitter. Can you believe after hours of queuing on this system, for which I'm fucking very glad I'm got no weekend ticket btw, Andy replied with a comment to someone sounding annoyed at it and if problems persisted basically there would be riots with, 'Don't be so dramatic, we're sorting it'. It get's worse!

Just don't think I'd lol at thought of someone getting their weekend buggered over by a stupid system and pissing rain

Not used it cos you've not wanted to buy anything, or not used it cos you can't use it.

?

Not used it as 2 outlets on site I used didn't use it and been drinking at the van or down village rest of time. Met luckysalt. That's him and Paul within a month. All these efests celebrities. I feel like an efests groupie.

thing is, even if they get the basics of the system working properly so everything runs smoothly when it's working, the system will still go down sometimes - not necessarily at every event, but when it does happen at any event there will be major issues.

It's impossible for a cash-based system to go offline.

Exactly, mate was telling me Detonate (as someone here mentioned) in Nottingham did it a few years ago, and soon after the gates opened the internet went down and they couldn't let anyone in!

100% spot on worst that can happen with a paper money system is someone loses their wallet, and the festival won't be at fault for that!