Glastocam!

pauladam

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

last year the weather was shit 

it did effect how much fun I had, I would have had far more fun with the sun. I am not one of these strange people who complains it's too hot . I want it to bake. I want to struggle to get my tent pegs in the ground. I want to have to wear a sun hat for the weekend. I want to drag my blow up bed out my tents at 7 am as it's far too hot to sleep inside.  I want to bath in sun cream every day. 

Oh man, this description has reignited my festival cravings, in no other world would this be looked upon as glorious, but at festivals it is just that. Its amazing how much I hate and love that waking whilst sweating your balls off feeling.

As someone that now has to ensure I do get enough rest (for medical reasons) I should despise hot mornings, but I still get that tiny buzz. Plus the methodical process of slowly summoning the energy to get more and more body parts out of the tent is a thing I will never tire of (oh the irony) .

I have however suffered severe sunburn on the first day of a festival before and I can assure you it is not a pleasant experience surviving for 3/4 days after that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Friday it pished it down in the afternoon, like proper torrential. Remember this well waiting for Frightened Rabbit, dried up by the time Christine and the Queens came on. I think Saturday was dry and Sunday was just manky.

It may have been dry when Christine came on, but I remember it getting wetter and wetter as their set progressed (Christine remarked on it IIRC), and I made a total tit of myself trying to climb into a ridiculously tiny poncho down the front of the crowd. I still maintain one of the sleeves was heat-pressed shut...

Fantastic set from C&theQ's though!

Now then @bennyhana22, I thought we'd established that the reason you thought the weather was crap this year was because it mainly rained in the early hours when any sendible person was trying to sleep, while you were out busting many eyebrow raising, natty moves to some dreadful techno shite.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Now then @bennyhana22, I thought we'd established that the reason you thought the weather was crap this year was because it mainly rained in the early hours when any sendible person was trying to sleep, while you were out busting many eyebrow raising, natty moves to some dreadful techno shite.

Ah....

Ben

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The days of austerity unfortunately :(

Luckily we don't miss out on too much. The evening we miss a little bit before it gets dark & it is coming on just as it starts to get a bit lighter.

Yesterday 18:10

18-10-00_default.jpg

Today 06:30

06-30-00_default.jpg

4 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Just checked and you can see the two lights on the dairy farm, so it's I don't think that it's turning off after 18:10, it's just dark...because that's what the countryside at night looks like :/

18:20 is the last one from today. I just checked for all images after this & there aren't any more.

18-20-00_default.jpg

12 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

18:20 is the last one from today. I just checked for all images after this & there aren't any more.

18-20-00_default.jpg

Apologies, didn't realise you were looking at a time-stamp.  This is how the webcam used to work when the panomax first started with it not updating at night, I'm guessing this behaviour got reset when they fixed with whatever they needed to do.  

2 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I've got a theory: the new camera is light sensitive so powers down at night...the last date stamp is getting later by 10mins per day...

Good Theory but doesn't quite explain these two images as Tuesday's last image is a lot lighter than yesterday's.

Tuesday 28th February 2017 - 18:10

18-10-00_default.jpg

Wednesday 1st March 2017 - 18:20

18-20-00_default.jpg

Edited by Dukeicon

I used to record many of those picture till the webcam was installed march 13 2015. For a long time the webcam was recording 24h a day but there was less pictures at night. For example, july 03 2015 about 5 or 6 pictures per hour between 0h00 and 05h00, when the sun rises. Then the cam started to record a picture each 5 minutes quite regularily. From 22h00, at night, again the camera recorded only 5 to 6 pictures per hour at various times.

This leads to think the camera was set up by light. And a car on the road by the site, or anything else could make a picture to be recorded time by time at night. And while the camera was up, it was programmed to take a picture every 5 minutes. By the time pictures were not systematically taken at 00, 05, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 minutes. This was may be the cause of maintenance on this camera.

Since february 28 2017, the camera is very precisely recording a picture every 10 minutes, and never during night. Up time seems to go from 06h30 to 18h10 or 20, but we only have two days of analysis which is not enought to conclude anything.

2 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Good Theory but doesn't quite explain these two images as Tuesday's last image is a lot lighter than yesterday's.

Tuesday 28th February 2017 - 18:10

18-10-00_default.jpg

Wednesday 1st March 2017 - 18:20

18-20-00_default.jpg

It was clear skies on tuesday afternoon and not on weds. Appeared to get dark sooner. Nothing more complicated than that. Clear skies tonight and will appear light later so i will run past the pyramid and wave about 1745.

Today's run weather check:

sun: was still out for half the run, but not as warm on the face as Sunday

Wind, yes , from all directions except from behind (b%&stard)

railway track: slidey under the trees but dry under foot when exposed to daylight

Pyramid: very sticky, wet mud behind the ol'gal but not over-the-shoe depth

tracks: dry with occasional puddle

grass areas: soggy but lush green

sheep: bedraggled

cows: hiding in the Moo-tel

• Upvote 4