Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I never saw Bowie, had the chance to go in 1990. If I remember rightly, it didn't sell out and tickets could be had outside for £2.

Anyway. looked at the setlist. Doesn't look anything special...

1. Space Oddity
  2. Rebel Rebel
  3. Ashes to Ashes
  4. Fashion
  5. Life on Mars?
  6. Pretty Pink Rose
  7. Sound and Vision
  8. Blue Jean
  9. Let's Dance
  10. Stay
  11. Ziggy Stardust
  12. China Girl
  13. Station to Station
  14. Young Americans
  15. Suffragette City
  16. Fame
  17. Heroes

18. Encore:
  19. Changes
  20. The Jean Genie
  21. White Light/White Heat
  22. Modern Love
:fie:

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw Bowie, had the chance to go in 1990. If I remember rightly, it didn't sell out and tickets could be had outside for £2.

Anyway. looked at the setlist. Doesn't look anything special...

1. Space Oddity
  2. Rebel Rebel
  3. Ashes to Ashes
  4. Fashion
  5. Life on Mars?
  6. Pretty Pink Rose
  7. Sound and Vision
  8. Blue Jean
  9. Let's Dance
  10. Stay
  11. Ziggy Stardust
  12. China Girl
  13. Station to Station
  14. Young Americans
  15. Suffragette City
  16. Fame
  17. Heroes

18. Encore:
  19. Changes
  20. The Jean Genie
  21. White Light/White Heat
  22. Modern Love
:fie:

he was doing really shitty arrangements in those days wasnt he? Dont be too hard on yourself....

Nowt's changed though has it? He retired from touring a decade ago and would have had to come out of retirement to play any shows. And upon today's news, he is still retired but would still have to come out of retirement to play any shows. :P

did he actually 'retire' (as in, his words) last time round? i thought he just hadn't toured again after a bad bout of health and so everybody had presumed he'd retired, rather than it coming from the man himself

Edited by FloorFiller

Nowt's changed though has it? He retired from touring a decade ago and would have had to come out of retirement to play any shows. And upon today's news, he is still retired but would still have to come out of retirement to play any shows. :P

There seems to be a finality to this though. Hes 69 in a few months, with a heart condition. And one of the top promoters about says hes done.

did he actually 'retire' (as in, his words) last time round? i thought he just hadn't toured again after a bad bout of health and so everybody had presumed he'd retired, rather than it coming from the man himself

There seems to be a finality to this though. Hes 69 in a few months, with a heart condition. And one of the top promoters about says hes done.

I am pretty sure that the same people who thought he might play shows again yesterday will continue to think that tomorrow. It's like when Pink Floyd 'called it quits' again a couple of months ago.

Christ I didnt realise he was only 68. We've been deprived of a good 15 years of touring probably, when you consider all the old farts who still tour to a competent degree these days.

Though we'd probably all think he was shit if he was still touring.

People said similar about the Stones when they looked into the future in 1973. 40 years later, Glasto...

Bowie is the same age as Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. Not sure why thats relevant but I tend to compare all 68-69 year olds to him.

Edited by The Nal

"Bowie is the same age as Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. Not sure why thats relevant but I tend to compare all 68-69 year olds to him."

I'm pretty sure he was a variety of ages at different points. I like your system though.

Edited by Homer

"Bowie is the same age as Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. Not sure why thats relevant but I tend to compare all 68-69 year olds to him."

I'm pretty sure he was a variety of ages at different points. I like your system though.

He was 67 ish when he started playing Grandad and 69 when he died. So a variety yes, but very much late 60s.

Can't imagine Grandad going on tour aged 69 can you?

Only time I managed to see Bowie was from a seat towards the back at Wembley Arena on the Serious Moonlight Tour. I enjoyed it to a degree but it felt like too much of a show and not enough of a gig probably because of where I was sitting.

Although I didn't get to see him play again the show must have had a profound effect as I don't think that I have ever bought a seated ticket for a gig in the last 30+years.

Edited by tjamest

He was 67 ish when he started playing Grandad and 69 when he died. So a variety yes, but very much late 60s.

Can't imagine Grandad going on tour aged 69 can you?

Did we really only get two years of grandad?! I'm more of an Uncle Albert man myself but that's still shocking news!

Edited by Homer

Did we really only get two years of grandad?! I'm more of an Uncle Albert man myself but that's still shocking news!

Pretty much yeah. Only the first 3 seasons and the XMas specials.

Uncle Alberts first 12 or so minutes here is some of the finest comedy acting ever!

Anyway, hes not headlining sadly.

Edited by The Nal