Future Islands

Inconspicuous

42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Is it only me that thinks that Seasons is awful live? That screechy voice thing he does ruins the song for me. 

I wouldn't say it was awful, but I don't think it's all that whether recorded or live. Everyone else seems to love it though so there's always a good energy when they play it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Bought tickets for Liverpool yesterday. There Other stage performance was great so have picked up some of the back catalogue over the last couple of yeras. To be honest have been underwhelmed but hoping that as others up thread have said "live" is there forte. 

Absolutely gutted when after discovering them watching glastonbury 2 years ago have been desperate to see them . Got alert about Liverpool thought fantastic till I realised I'm away that night ffs . Just hoping they reappear at glastonbury or somewhere handy in next few months.  Sods law 

19 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Absolutely gutted when after discovering them watching glastonbury 2 years ago have been desperate to see them . Got alert about Liverpool thought fantastic till I realised I'm away that night ffs . Just hoping they reappear at glastonbury or somewhere handy in next few months.  Sods law 

How handy is Leeds? Not very I expect but here's a link, not checked if there's a referral from eFestivals to the ticket sites though.

http://www.brudenellsocialclub.co.uk/whats-on/future-islands1/

8 minutes ago, carlosj said:

How handy is Leeds? Not very I expect but here's a link, not checked if there's a referral from eFestivals to the ticket sites though.

http://www.brudenellsocialclub.co.uk/whats-on/future-islands1/

Leeds is handy enough unfortunately I'm still away that night . Hopefully won't be to long till they reappear somewhere up north . Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, not worthy said:

They are listed as a UK festival exclusive for Green Man.

I guess that means the 6 music festival doesn't count as a festival then?

How often are 'exclusives' not exclusive...does this happen often, are they likely to be at Glastonbury?

I think Damon Albarn didn't count 6 Music as a festival, billing Latitude as a "major festival exclusive " or something to that effect.

4 minutes ago, not worthy said:

How often are 'exclusives' not exclusive...does this happen often, are they likely to be at Glastonbury?

Weird, FJM is an exclusive to End of the road too isn't he?

Pretty pissed off about a lot of exclusives this year, especially since I ran the risk of not getting tickets for their own shows because I thought there might be a Glastonbury appearance.

2 hours ago, not worthy said:

Can't see any reason why 6 Music Festival would count, given that all the venues are individually ticketed. While it is a Festival, it's a different type of Festival.

How often exclusive claims hold up seems to vary based on who's making them. If it was Festival Republic making the claim, then there'd probably be a chance that they're playing elsewhere. But I'm not aware of Green Man having been previously caught exaggerating in the same way.

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Havors said:

Been listening to these guys and watched their set from 2015. Have to say I really like them! 

The singer is a complete fucking fruit loop! He is a cross between Jack Black and Freddie Star :D 

I will definitely be catching them!

They are my one must see - never caught them live and love Sams onstage antics, although some say it feels false .

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

They are my one must see - never caught them live and love Sams onstage antics, although some say it feels false .

Nah definitely not false, he is just a complete nut :) I can see how it may piss some people off but I think its hilarious. Not a fan of when he goes all slipknot though hahaha 

I will be trying to see them! high up on my list

4 minutes ago, StLewi said:

The new album is awesome. Possibly the best yet.

Late afternoon Pyramid slot? Or headline a smaller stage?

no chance of being on the Pyramid. I personally think they might end up on John Peel, but they wouldn't headline it. Late afternoon on Other is another possibility but they played there in 2015.