Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine has been stuck in traffic for 8 hours

Blimey. Where are they travelling from? Took me 10 hours to get there last year in what should have been a 6 hour journey.

The first delay was on the M6 so clearly nothing to do with the festival but it seemed to take an age to go the last 3 miles. Looking at Twitter last night it looks like things where even worse this year.

Perhaps. R+L should have completely removed it's bollocks by then and book anything with a platinum record.

He's local ain't he? Maybe he's just doing this on the way back from Tesco.

I was joking but I've got no doubt this set will be brought up more than once in the "Lineup 2017" thread.

Meh I've already said I see no difference in booking Mumfords to headline and booking Ed to headline. Could see it for sure... but not because of this.

I bet all the people watching Jon Hopkins would have been pretty shocked when he finished and the crowd was spilling out of and all around the tent.

Normally don't go online during festivals. But....hoping the effectively faithful might help.

ed Sheeran was indeed on last night. Obviously a big pile of *meh*

BUT.....we were in the literary tent last night listening to Edith Bowman (we were waiting for the funny Pappys). And she hinted about who was the 'secret' guests tonight. She said "it's a band, but a member of them has played as a solo artist before" so....could it be...Pulp? (Jarvis has played solo)? Or....Blur (Damon has played, obviously. And, I think, they are playing another FR event in Spain over the weekend)...

What do you guys think? Heard anything?

OK....it's NOT blur tonight (they in Spain). And one assumes it's not them tmrw,with Noel playing as well....

What about.....Radiohead?!? Thom Yorke played....

Super Furry Animals seems like the most realistic one - Gruff played solo in '07. :P

Less realistic... The Strokes, The Libertines, The Verve.

EDIT: Gruff is playing an American Interior show in Gateshead so won't be SFA. No idea then.

Edited by dentalplan

pic.twitter.com/YIdZA7DXLC

— nigel godrich (@nigelgod)

July 18, 2015

That's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes so I dunno what's up with that as Thom solo doesn't match up with 'one of the members has played before'. AFP is a different beast because they've got a few States-based members with other bands. Seriously can't believe I didn't shell out for a day ticket to see Portishead and a load of bomb-ass bands and now a Thom Yorke project too.

Edited by dentalplan

I knew I should have gone this year. Loved it in 2013, my favourite festival apart from Glastonbury (though I haven't been to many festivals and it was my first). I liked the line up as it was but these secret sets are quite impressive!

But I guess I couldn't afford it to be fair!

Edited by aidenlangan95

Is it me or have they scored a bit of an own goal here? The Saturday day tickets didn't sell out. If they had announced Thom Yorke was playing then surely they would have shifted those extra few day tickets pretty easily! They have lost out on a few more sales by having him as a secret act

Anyway, enjoy it those lucky enough to be there. And don't miss Portishead whatever you do!