Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of Latitude next year. I've maybe been to my last TITP. Nothing to do with the new site but the line-up is getting more and more EDM and pop based.

And you'd be making a good choice!

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more of a buzz about the festival amongst the general population this year? Usually I have to tell people what the festival is, this year a lot of people have known what I'm talking about when I say I've been to Latitude, maybe the marketing has improved or something, I've had lots of people say in the past week that they'd liked to have gone. A fair few people have mentioned the chilled out setting, and the lake in particular, I'd say that's the re-brand doing its job.

Less people next year! It was absolutely heaving outside the arenas. If they're going to increase the numbers they need to make the site bigger!

Someone I spoke to said there was about 40,000 people this year. Too many in my opinion!   :startle:  

Less people next year! It was absolutely heaving outside the arenas. If they're going to increase the numbers they need to make the site bigger!

Someone I spoke to said there was about 40,000 people this year. Too many in my opinion! :startle:

Site capacity was 35,000, and that's including staff/family campers/media who spent most of the time far away from the action. I think, if possible, they should make the comedy/cabaret tents bigger, but after some of the crowds on the main stage I don't think you'd want to reduce the overall numbers coming through the gates. Edited by Zac Quinn

not sure if I will go next year, loved it but I rarely do the same festival twice

saying that I will probably go to 2000 trees for a 3rd time in 4 years

another European one as well...probably Bilbao BBK

oh and I want to try Y Not or festival number 6

See above. Reckon they've told Sky to f#ck off, personally.

fair play to them if so, wish the c**ts had announced it at the start of the program though, took far too long to fast forward through 4 hours of shite.

I stopped to listen to the manic street preachers, what's happened to them by the way? they were awful. 

badly drawn boy sounded ok, wished I'd binned off nadina shah and gone to see him.

Although a lot of their new stuff is pretty shite, most albums tend to have a couple of decent tracks on, and they are normally really good live - although I've only seen them twice at festivals and they were pretty shite and disinterested both times. 

they were ace back in the day, but I think you've nailed it. It must be hard to motivate yourself to play second fiddle to the likes of noel gallagher when you've headlined glastonbury in the past.

Just watched the Guitar Star final on Sky Arts. Did anyone go along to see the winner? Looked like he was on before Seasick Steve, who was very impressed with him.

Nah, we were sat enjoying a pint and burrito at the main stage when Edith Bowman came on and started giving us instructions, so we left.

She's more famous than him though. :P

I caught a bit of that Guitar Star show a couple of times after Simpsons had finished and while they were undoubtedly skilled, it was just as cringeworthy as you'd expect a TV talent show for guitarists would be. It is a shame that the winner was an appropriately acoustic act because I was imagining how a guy described by the show as a 'ROCK SHREDDER' in a Maiden t-shirt with his hair over his face would go down noodling about on the main stage at Latitude.

As for the other complaints, I thought the toilet facilities on the campsite were no where near enough. We were in the caravan field and there seemed to be about 8 toilets serving the whole field. I had to queue for at least 15-20 minutes, each day, for my morning poo.

No Portaloo? Every year I get older and think of buying a camper, one of the many pluses being able to carry my own throne for a morning constitutional! :biggrin:

Can anyone give feedback on noise issues in the Family camping area please? We gave Latitude a miss this year for the first time in six years on account of having a young baby, but are keen to return in future.

However, on looking at the official Latitude Facebook page I see lots of people complaining about noise in the family camping area - loads of rowdy teenagers?

I have always found people at Latitutde to be good neighbours in the general camping area - plenty of space and little noise during the night - so was only going to go in the Family area on account of the sprog crying and possibly waking people up. From what I've read we might be better off just sticking to one of the quieter areas of the general camping?

No Portaloo? Every year I get older and think of buying a camper, one of the many pluses being able to carry my own throne for a morning constitutional! :biggrin:

Can anyone give feedback on noise issues in the Family camping area please? We gave Latitude a miss this year for the first time in six years on account of having a young baby, but are keen to return in future.

However, on looking at the official Latitude Facebook page I see lots of people complaining about noise in the family camping area - loads of rowdy teenagers?

I have always found people at Latitutde to be good neighbours in the general camping area - plenty of space and little noise during the night - so was only going to go in the Family area on account of the sprog crying and possibly waking people up. From what I've read we might be better off just sticking to one of the quieter areas of the general camping?

We took our son in 2014 when he was 2 months old and again this year when he was 14 months. Both years we stayed in general camping (towards the back) and not had a problem. No one complained about any night time cries and indeed were all very tolerant of him this year as he went up to other people's tents to say hello.

Only gripe is they are squeezing general camping as they expand the camper van area (general campervans took over blue camping last year) and also the pre-pitched area, so not so much space around tents as there used to be but nothing like Glastonbury or Reading

We stayed in family camping and didn't have any problems with noise.  When we were packing up a member of security staff came over to ask us if we had any problems with rowdy teenagers, so I guess something went on, but we didn't have any problems at all.

There wasn't much space in family camping but we didn't get there until the evening on the Friday.

Buy a camper or caravan. The joy of having your own bog cannot be underestimated. We were in family campervan area this year and had no noise problems. Also stewards were very efficient and we were led to a space as soon as we arrived on thursday evening. Great improvement on last year in general campervans which was beyond chaotic. While the queues grew and the fire lanes filled up, it took hours for someone to make the decision to open up the next field.

I have always found people at Latitutde to be good neighbours in the general camping area - plenty of space and little noise during the night - so was only going to go in the Family area on account of the sprog crying and possibly waking people up. From what I've read we might be better off just sticking to one of the quieter areas of the general camping?

I was on shift in the family campsite for most of Saturday, seemed like the nicest atmosphere on the whole site tbh.