Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

was listening to the album Fast Food on the way in today, I love it! Will be getting love your dum and mad tonight. Which album do you prefer? 

she reminds me of a mix between PJ and anna calvi a bit.

I've only got Fast Food, which I bought after picking up a lovely heart-shaped 7" of Fool and Chasing Cars, on the recommendation of Retromoz. I think she just played the one song off Love Your Dum And Mad at Glastonbury, but it sounded fucking good. I really was surprised at how great she was at Glastonbury, at about 11 in the morning as well.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the bottom photo, the Lake Stage is of that design.  But I don't recall there being camping on a slope (but there was traders' camping there one year) - there should be trees there.  So my gut says no but my head says yes to the photo being taken there.

No, this is the Lake Stage

gallery_152692_1399_38574.jpg

What I am really trying trying to say is I have never seen the main arena as muddy in that original photo, sandy soil sundaes so it drains away.

Hey guys, first ever Latitude here!

Used to go to the likes of Sonisphere, Download and Reading but the lineup is amazing here and my music taste has grown a lot since I was 16 ( sorry Korn)

Our group is pretty chilled but wondering what the general police presence is like at latitude? We'd be up for smoking a bit of green and just want to know where the best campsite is that is full of younger people. Conscious of not wanting to annoy families etc! Obviously at rock and metal fests there is fuck all police presence and you're free to drink loads and take whatever. So yeah, any advice on drugs at latitude or the best places to camp if you want to party?

From what I've read here I'm guessing that's normally yellow?

Edited by glassjaw

Are you sure these are Latitude? Don't remember cars having to be pushed out like that and been going since 2010, although think there were issues in the campervan field one year.Also don't recognise the stage in the second photo, especially as don't think you can see any camping when looking at the stages!

The stage looks like the Bearded Theory main stage to me 

Anyone been to Latitude alone? Was gonna go with my dad but I think my mum has scuppered that for him :(. Is there anything like Camp Loner at Download?

Never been to a festival alone before, but I don't think I can miss Portishead. Did it once, at Glasto. Mistake...

Used to go to the likes of Sonisphere, Download and Reading but the lineup is amazing here and my music taste has grown a lot since I was 16 ( sorry Korn)

Our group is pretty chilled but wondering what the general police presence is like at latitude? We'd be up for smoking a bit of green and just want to know where the best campsite is that is full of younger people. Conscious of not wanting to annoy families etc! Obviously at rock and metal fests there is fuck all police presence and you're free to drink loads and take whatever. So yeah, any advice on drugs at latitude or the best places to camp if you want to party?

I've only been once, in 2009, and I felt guilty getting smashed on a bottle of vodka I'd smuggled in. God knows how taking actual illegal drugs would go down there...

Was going to drop acid for portishead but I've shelved those plans. Unless things have changed there a bit?

Edited by russycarps

I've only been once, in 2009, and I felt guilty getting smashed on a bottle of vodka I'd smuggled in. God knows how taking actual illegal drugs would go down there...

Was going to drop acid for portishead but I've shelved those plans. Unless things have changed there a bit?

A couple of people in this thread have said yellow camp is where the younger people go and party a bit, so I'm sure drugs will be fine as long as you're not freaking the fuck out!

We'll see when we get there I guess. As long as you're respectful and not tripping balls in front of five year olds I'm sure all will be good.

This year will be our fourth latitude. The only time I have ever seen somebody clearly on drugs was last time I went, during the break between Hot Chip and Kraftwerk. It was a young lad and he came over to tell me how beautiful my daughter was. He was pleasant enough about it and his friends quickly steered him away. I didn't mind, I've done plenty myself in the past, but he might have had a different effect on a different family.

It's weird, cos Latitude has so much to offer that would be great to enjoy on drugs, there's just way too many kids around.

I met a lovely woman at the Glasto efests meet, comes to the festival from Ireland by herself every year, was swapping glasto ciggies for pints of cider with her, my wife thought she was a legend. She said even smoking dope isnt accepted at Lattitude. We wasnt taking any anyway as were taking the kids but its def food for thought as by her age, no offense to her if she reads this, she has done the festival circuit for many years so Id guess she knows what shes talking about.

Anybody know what forecasts are like?

Er... not great depending on how much of a gambler you are. 1 forecast good, 2 bad. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06157ln/weather-for-the-week-ahead-12072015- Jump to about 2.30

PS. Surely you can find a space for a discreet smoke somewhere at Latitude without upsetting anyone?