Latitude Festival 2015

homeravery

If you watch the first half of Jon Hopkins, you will watch the second half of Jon Hopkins.

Wells & Moffat would be starting before him, if previous stage times hold, the second half of their set would overlap with the first half of his, so I can watch half of one and a full set from the other, it hinges on how mega Wells & Moffat turn out to be (probably very).

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

I had a pair of tickets but sold them on due to my wife injuring her leg.

The fella who purchased them has never been to a festival before & said to me "can you find out how much a pint is?"

So - last year's attendees how much where they?

they tend to use the same prices as Glastonbury - Lager £4.80 Cider £4.80 Ale could be in the range of £4.60

Apologies for the thread spam - I thought posting here would be a better bet than just the "tickets" forum as there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic through there...

I'm trying to get hold of a campervan permit for this year's Latitude. I only need a 5 meter permit, but happy to pay up for a larger one if that's all you've got. Please let me know if you've got anything going spare - it would be a total lifesaver!

Many thanks, and hope everyone here has an excellent Latitude. It'll be my second year and really looking forward to it :-)

Omar Souleyman is not to be missed. Summer Camp are pretty much the perfect band to open the festival, guarantees a sunny start, check out all of their singles, and their astounding debut album Welcome To Condale (other albums are great singles plus alrightish album tracks). Femi Kuti & The Positive Force should be good, Santigold has some brilliant songs so she'll be decent. Songhoy Blues are loads of fun. Bill Wells & Aiden Moffat look incredible live, as does Jon Hopkins, but the buggers are on at the same time as each other, which will hurt me, but the great thing about Latitude is that it's not difficult to do half one set and half another. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart will be up your street if you're into grungey indie pop like Alvvays, Veronica Falls, Yuck, etc. Public Service Broadcasting look like they put on a great show, I don't think anybody can argue with them.

Thanks a lot! 

I'll be dong a load of research over the next few days so I'll know what I'll be dealing with! My Saturday and Sunday are both pretty much full up so it will be nice to have a more chilled out Friday but from the sounds of it, there's a lot to take in Friday as well!

Last year we travelled as usual down the A145 expecting to get in at the entrance at that side as we had for the last 7 years. Unfortunately, we were told to drive all the way down towards the A12 and then come all the way back up and enter by the red gate. Looking at the map, can anyone tell me what the orange gate on the A145 is for? Also, if coming from the north, would it be possible to turn right from the A12 into the red gate to avoid driving the whole way round the Latitude site?

Many thanks

Hi everyone. Got tickets to my first latitude this year. Been so excited but now my sister can't make it and no one else is free! Nightmare! Thinking of still coming on my own. Anyone fancy meeting up? Don't mind my own company but would be fun to meet some new people. Nat. :) X

Hi everyone. Got tickets to my first latitude this year. Been so excited but now my sister can't make it and no one else is free! Nightmare! Thinking of still coming on my own. Anyone fancy meeting up? Don't mind my own company but would be fun to meet some new people. Nat. :) X

Hi Nat,

Have a read of posts #114 thru #118 on this thread.  A number of us camp and meet up with the 'Billies'.

Oy, Saturday day ticket holder, I order you to watch Nadine Shah. She was very nearly the best thing I saw at Glastonbury this year, she was on in the fucking morning as well. I must say, you've picked the best day.

was listening to the album Fast Food on the way in today, I love it! Will be getting love your dum and mad tonight. Which album do you prefer? 

she reminds me of a mix between PJ and anna calvi a bit.

A few questions

1. Do they let you bring your own food in?

2. Do they take bottle caps from bottles of water?

3. How much of a walk is it between the i arena and second stage? Can you cut across the left hand side of the stage, or do you need to go all they around by the entrance side?

4. How muddy can it get? boots muddy?

1/ Yes. Bringing a picnic is fine.

2/ Sealed 500ml bottles of water are fine.

3/ Not that long. 5-10 minutes (depending on yr pace). There is a 'second' bridge near the lake stage which REALLY cuts this journey. (a map : http://www.latitudefestival.com/sites/live.a.latitudefestival.com/files/images/latitude_map_2015_public_map_24-01.jpg )

4 Its never been REALLY muddy when ive been. 

A few questions

1. Do they let you bring your own food in?

2. Do they take bottle caps from bottles of water?

3. How much of a walk is it between the i arena and second stage? Can you cut across the left hand side of the stage, or do you need to go all they around by the entrance side?

4. How muddy can it get? boots muddy?

I have worked at them all - image is from 2011 but on average it has not been bad but as none of us can see into the future its impossible to predict how it will be .

what it does have is ' in the woods area ' and the woods tend to cut down any rain fall.

certain fields drain off better than others so if there is mud ' the whole site will not be muddy '

2012-wbc-69.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker

I have worked at them all - image's are from 2012 but on average it has not been bad but as none of us can see into the future its impossible to predict how it will be .

what it does have is ' in the woods area ' and the woods tend to cut down any rain fall.

certain fields drain off better than others so if there is mud ' the whole site will not be muddy '

2012-wbc-69.jpg

2012-wbc-67.jpg

Are you sure these are Latitude? Don't remember cars having to be pushed out like that and been going since 2010, although think there were issues in the campervan field one year.Also don't recognise the stage in the second photo, especially as don't think you can see any camping when looking at the stages!

Edited by jamesrfisher

Hi, does anyone know what time they start letting people in to the campsite on the Thursday?  I know the official time is 2pm, but other festivals I've been to open earlier (unofficially) but equally some of them haven't.  I'll be coming by car.

Also, its worth noting that some friends coming by the official coach have it on their tickets that arrival is 1pm.

Thanks!

Yes the top photo is from Lat 11.  This is the exit for guest/day, I spent my morning pushing campervans up that slope, lucky me.  That year there was a heavy deluge on the Friday which caught everyone out.  I know the long range forecasts are a best-guess up until 5 days before, but it seems that it's coolish with sunshine and showers.  If that's the case then it won't be as bad.

On the opening times, yes they have to get things ready on site at a certain deadline which is earlier than 2pm.  So if they're ready earlier then they will open, but they reserve the right to open on time if Licensing's unhappy with something, for example.  The site's still being built on Thursday morning so it can get manic.  There's no mad Glasto style rush for the best spots, I've seen it at 3pm Thu when Yellow just has a couple of tents in.

Are you sure these are Latitude? Don't remember cars having to be pushed out like that and been going since 2010, although think there were issues in the campervan field one year.Also don't recognise the stage in the second photo, especially as don't think you can see any camping when looking at the stages!

you are joking ?

the stage image I found on my camera so had to have come from Latitude but which stage I don't have a clue as i normally don't hang about at stages.

The reason why you don't recognise the top one is because that is The Guest/press car parking area and was right beside the WBC crew site and the Orange Catering tent and they were are it for hours trying to push cars out - its Miles away from the public area  - I don't think that was the last day as that car park is used to drop people off and although the stewards tried to warn people not to drive into it ' many Guests demanded to be dropped off ' - it could have been 2011 as there was mud in both years.

the one at the bottom  is for sure 2011 as that was the last time we used that camp and that is in the same field that is used for guest camping.

The top image is for sure 2012 as that was taken inside our new camp but I know the public camping area was not as bad as that.

2012-wbc-66.jpg

2011-wbc-127.jpg

you are joking ?

the stage image I found on my camera so had to have come from Latitude but which stage I don't have a clue as i normally don't hang about at stages.

The reason why you don't recognise the top one is because that is The Guest/press car parking area and was right beside the WBC crew site and the Orange Catering tent and they were are it for hours trying to push cars out - its Miles away from the public area  - I don't think that was the last day as that car park is used to drop people off and although the stewards tried to warn people not to drive into it ' many Guests demanded to be dropped off ' - it could have been 2011 as there was mud in both years.

the one at the bottom  is for sure 2011 as that was the last time we used that camp and that is in the same field that is used for guest camping.

The top image is for sure 2012 as that was taken inside our new camp but I know the public camping area was not as bad as that.

2012-wbc-66.jpg

2011-wbc-127.jpg

Sorry Glasto-Worker I am not joking, not having a dig either as I am always grateful for your info and help on here and other forums.

I accept the first photo was probably guest parking and I do have some photos of that year showing the rain, I just haven't seen the main parking like that at all, the only bit of the public area that seems to get muddy is Hollow Tree Way. Some of the wooded areas can get a bit muddy but generally the main site drains very well.

The photo of the stage definitely is not Latitude, never seen a stage like that, nor mud like that in the arena. Having done some research and looked at the backdrop to the stage I wonder if it's Beautiful Days? Never been but checked their website and they have the same image as part of their brand.

Sorry Glasto-Worker I am not joking, not having a dig either as I am always grateful for your info and help on here and other forums.

I accept the first photo was probably guest parking and I do have some photos of that year showing the rain, I just haven't seen the main parking like that at all, the only bit of the public area that seems to get muddy is Hollow Tree Way. Some of the wooded areas can get a bit muddy but generally the main site drains very well.

The photo of the stage definitely is not Latitude, never seen a stage like that, nor mud like that in the arena. Having done some research and looked at the backdrop to the stage I wonder if it's Beautiful Days? Never been but checked their website and they have the same image as part of their brand.

I cant check as I have changed camera's and god knows where the card has gone - all I know is I don't have a clue where Beautiful Days is and have never worked there. 

it not ' probably guest parking ' - it is guest and press parking as we were camping right next to it - it was because of them being stuck in the mud ' why the wbc was asked to give up the rear of that field - that is for sure what is called ' Yellow gate 2 ' road { in the background } - it does not appear on normal maps but seeing that is the gate we will be using on Wednesday I know its there.

this image came from the landowner and you can see the guest area is the first field on the right after the lake - and you can see the brown area { that is the guest parking area } and I know he told me it was shot in 2011.

when we were leaving due to a stuck truck I know we drove out via the public area in 2011 and it was not as bad as that field.

I have never parked in public parking but I presume people park and then don't move their cars where the guest and press parking area is in constant use - people dropping people off so the ground gets cut up more - in 2012 it was even worse.

latitude-2011-ABOVE.jpg