Secret resales 2015

Terence99

14 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

:banghead:

17 minutes ago, zozziebywater said:

Just emailed SEE the following : 

Hello

I am sure that you have been inundated but I would be grateful if you could provide a definitive answer that ALL tickets have now been sold.There are people that are hoping that there may still be a sale.I know that these things are not official but if there definitely wont be a general admission resale , could something be put out to that affect. I am sure that this would help people out no end thank you in advance

they need to end this for us , one way or another !!! 

Who then should we be harrassing , surely Eavis should step up and say it!!!

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

How can you not understand this :D

Glossary

A load balancer is a device that acts as a reverse proxy and distributes network or application traffic across a number of 

what is a load balancer

servers. Load balancers are used to increase capacity (concurrent users) and reliability of applications. They improve the overall performance of applications by decreasing the burden on servers associated with managing and maintaining application and network sessions, as well as by performing application-specific tasks.

Load balancers are generally grouped into two categories: Layer 4 and Layer 7. Layer 4 load balancers act upon data found in network and transport layer protocols (IP, TCP, FTP, UDP). Layer 7 load balancers distribute requests based upon data found in application layer protocols such as HTTP.

Requests are received by both types of load balancers and they are distributed to a particular server based on a configured algorithm. Some industry standard algorithms are:

• Round robin
  • Weighted round robin
  • Least connections
  • Least response time

Layer 7 load balancers can further distribute requests based on application specific data such as HTTP headers, cookies, or data within the application message itself, such as the value of a specific parameter.

Load balancers ensure reliability and availability by monitoring the "health" of applications and only sending requests to servers and applications that can respond in a timely manner.

To learn more on load balancing, visit DevCentral.

Fuck off! You just copied that from Wikipedia!:lol:

From the pings I've been seeing SEE have one set of transactional servers that have "google translate" code embedded in the landing page and another set that haven't and they are being swapped in/out at random as apart from the tent/cv sales they're the only alerts I've seen for the last few weeks.

And Citrix Netscalers piss all over F5 load-balancers from a great height. We use them here and the flood control (holding customers back so they don't crash the site) is much better.

Edited by Penrhos

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

Anyone seen any of the acts on the Dot to Dot lineup? Looking for reccommmendations...

http://www.dottodotfestival.co.uk/lineup

A second vote for The Big Moon, their recent album was ace. Also Stereo Honey have one song on Spotify which is great, All We Are and The Night Cafe aren't half bad either.

Oh, and Ten Tonnes is okay and worth checking out. Fun fact, he's George Ezra's brother. (even though I don't like George Ezra)

4 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Fuck it - Piltons an hour down the road. I'm going down there. Im gonna bang on Eavis's door

I wonder if people actually do that. I wonder if they are successful but sworn to absolute secrecy.

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. 

Go do it

Edited by dazednconfused

24 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

What if there are no more pings, just BANG they're selling. That's a scary thought  :wacko:

I don't like scary thoughts, it was better last year when it was pinging away all day and then suddenly there they were! At least everybody was on their toes. If there is no warning I'll probably be asleep!:(

*makes sure phone is turned up max volume!

43 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

No one else saw it, it would seem? 

About 9pm last night C4C went off, and there was a language selector button above the pink boxes on the main page. 

another guy ^ shortly after me said he had the same thing happen earlier in the day for him 

This was me, at 4pm yesterday - Damn load balancers!

14 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

A second vote for The Big Moon, their recent album was ace. Also Stereo Honey have one song on Spotify which is great, All We Are and The Night Cafe aren't half bad either.

Oh, and Ten Tonnes is okay and worth checking out. Fun fact, he's George Ezra's brother. (even though I don't like George Ezra)

The Night Cafe are my mates!! Haha just had to chime in. catchy stuff and lovely lads

7 minutes ago, lobo said:

Anyone seen any of the acts on the Dot to Dot lineup? Looking for reccommmendations...

I saw The Growlers at the Kazimier (RIP) in Liverpool in 2014. They were really, really good. On the same bill as Fat White Family and The Wytches (What a gig).

I nearly worked with All We Are as a roadie, but things didn't quite take over. They're good as well and so is Hannah Georgas.

Last week at this time there was about 200 on the thread - now only 80, just the die-hard's left.

If it doesn't happen by 1st June then I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm hoping they'll sneak them out during "Radio 1's big weekend bash" so it goes under the radar of a load of people.

Just now, Fighting Mongooses said:

I saw The Growlers at the Kazimier (RIP) in Liverpool in 2014. They were really, really good. On the same bill as Fat White Family and The Wytches (What a gig).

I nearly worked with All We Are as a roadie, but things didn't quite take over. They're good as well and so is Hannah Georgas.

So far i can't decide between the growlers and sundra karma for the last band of the day. Gutted they're clashing. Get the feeling the growlers will sound better live. 

Wanted to catch All we are but they also clash! 

Thanks for the recommendations!

28 minutes ago, lobo said:

Matt Maltese and Sorry are both great, and both have relatively big deals so are probably on the way up with a push. Both are very good live. The only song Sorry have online is a world away from their live set. Liked the Growlers' last album too. 

24 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Fuck it - Piltons an hour down the road. I'm going down there. Im gonna bang on Eavis's door

I'm pretty sure I saw some performers do this in a documentary, in an attempt to get more money from him. He may have told them to f*** off so be prepared for that too.