Secret resales 2015

Terence99

My mind briefly turned to the 50th anniversary festival in a few years - the one where the thousands of folks with their 'bucket lists' will suddenly want to attend - I think my piggy bank  will be well used from tomorrow onwards saving a bit each week to pay for Windinglake or similar if I fail in the October sale.

Scary thought!!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

My mind briefly turned to the 50th anniversary festival in a few years - the one where the thousands of folks with their 'bucket lists' will suddenly want to attend - I think my piggy bank  will be well used from tomorrow onwards saving a bit each week to pay for Windinglake or similar if I fail in the October sale.

Scary thought!!

Or volunteer as an Oxfam steward twice next year to get priority status. This guarentees you a place to volunteer at Glastonbury 2019 :)

11 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

It's ok guys, you can go on holiday to the seychelles on a virgin holidays 'hot deal' instead of glasto if you're unlucky... what a deal! 

IMG_4595.JPG

It's not often I'm stuck for words but ............................  WTF?????

37 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I don't think anyone can sell them without the accommodation option - it seems to be the agreement they have with the festival and makes the whole thing a nice little earner for the local farmers (or others with land .... I'm a city girl!)

Ahh ok. I'm sorted with very nice camping in green fields and have a ticket but thought I could treat myself to a bit of extra luxury and give my goosed back & knee a rest when needed. 

We looked into all the options including fly Glastonbury after we failed in October, they put us on a waiting list as even on the day of the resale they had at least provisionally sold all their packages with tickets. I think with the pass, tickets and their cheapest caravan it actually wasn't that bad, I definitely would've done it if they had got back to me. All the Glamping companies can get tickets despite what they may say in their websites, but naturally they will only sell them with their most expensive packages. I think for last years festival Hotel bell tent were selling tickets and a bell tent for 2 for tickets price + £1200 so if there were two of you then an extra £600 each, so not the end of the world, but this year they were already all sold out. If you do a bit of digging online you can even find local residents who pitch tents in their gardens and can sell you tickets, but again it worked out around £1200 for two and they will almost certainly be booked now.

1 hour ago, Glasto8 said:

I've got the same problem, don't have a second person :(

Where do you find these ? I'm searching for one ticket and would partner up with anyone,

p.s I know it's my first post but believe you me I've spent every minute of the last two weeks with you guys reading this , I was positive until beefykoala morale took a turn !!

45 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

It's ok guys, you can go on holiday to the seychelles on a virgin holidays 'hot deal' instead of glasto if you're unlucky... what a deal! 

IMG_4595.JPG

That's pretty cheap considering all the man/woman hours that have gone into this resale off this forum alone!

13 hours ago, scott44 said:

The jealous comment was only aimed at a few people who were incredibly rude to me personally. However broad shoulders and all that. But I DO hope everyone gets a ticket. I just need to think of what I can do to increase my up votes as I seem to have annoyed one or two people. Being called a cnut is not very nice. Anyway on with the show and back to the F5'ing. 

Also Belle and Sebastian will open the Other Stage.

I was offended that you claim to have been going for nearly as long as me, yet you seem to be wilfully ignorant of the charitable aspects of the festival for three decades regarding people swapping their time for tickets.  

You didn't need to attempt to belittle them or those who have not  been as lucky as you, but you chose to, which is why we've  judged you. 

• Upvote 2

Evening folks, just about to start another 12 hour night shift. Gosh it's quiet on here at the weekends.

So here is my take on things. I'm not sure where the thinking has come from about middle of next week has come from apart from Neil suggesting Tuesday? Personally I think a small resale will still happen. I mean even if there is only a few dozen tickets it is still another 10k earned by the festival. The fact that this will be the longest time between refund day and a resale is odd but we do know that See were still processing coach tickets on Friday. That gives me hope still. I'll still be on full alert for the whole of next week and if nothing has happened by Friday evening I'll take stock then.

to be honest much as I love this festival, I wouldn't spend thousands of pounds on attending it even if I could afford it, you could have a fucking nice long haul all inclusive 2 week holiday for some of the amounts quoted here, as good as worthy farm is......show me a beach in mexico or the chance to take my kids to disney or go back to australia and visit old friends and sights from when I went travelling over there.,.....and there would be no contest esp when I think of my family as well (I have a very understanding wife who knew I was a big music fan when she met me and has never ever had a problem with me going off for gigs etc and for the last 4 years has handled 1 and then 2 kids by herself for a week allowing me to go off and party at glastonbury but I think even shed be pissed off if I spent money that could have been spent on 2 weeks in the sun for us all......on me to go to glasto....lol)

41 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

What have I missed over the past couple of days?

Nothing much 

No resale so far.

Lots of koala facts/jokes.

Scott44 being a cockwomble and getting majorly down-voted.

Waits for somersetlive article over "press photographer hounded by Glastonbury fans".