Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Fair play to Siblin for the hard work here - giving hope to the masses!

My ticket is (thankfully) sorted, but still will be keeping a keen eye on the glasto ticket page as (always) some of my mates were not so fortunate.

I've had a bit of a stab at writing my own script to monitor the page for changes. It gets the contents of page, filters out the "serverTime" (as that annoyingly changes each time) and then writes a file with a checksum of the filtered contents. Then the next time the script runs it compares the checksum of the filtered contents with the file written on the previous iteration and notifies me if there is a difference. So far I only have the output going to a webpage (which is pointless as if I am checking that, then I might as well be checking the original seetickets page :) ).

Next step will be to e-mail me if there are changes; which should be pretty straight forward... but the holy grail would be for it to send an SMS alert.

I fear the ticket resales will have come and gone by the time I have finished coding it up though :-(

Best of luck to you all - hopefully see you next month in a field... in the beautiful sunshine :D

• Upvote 2

My ticket is (thankfully) sorted, but still will be keeping a keen eye on the glasto ticket page as (always) some of my mates were not so fortunate.

I've had a bit of a stab at writing my own script to monitor the page for changes. It gets the contents of page, filters out the "serverTime" (as that annoyingly changes each time) and then writes a file with a checksum of the filtered contents. Then the next time the script runs it compares the checksum of the filtered contents with the file written on the previous iteration and notifies me if there is a difference. So far I only have the output going to a webpage (which is pointless as if I am checking that, then I might as well be checking the original seetickets page :) ).

Next step will be to e-mail me if there are changes; which should be pretty straight forward... but the holy grail would be for it to send an SMS alert.

I fear the ticket resales will have come and gone by the time I have finished coding it up though :-(

Best of luck to you all - hopefully see you next month in a field... in the beautiful sunshine :D

Good work Holmz, even if it will be too late for this year. Hopefully I'll see you this year. :)

Despite what seems to be unfolding this week I still have complete blind faith that I'm going to be at glasto, wether through the secret resale or a competition.

There is no version of events in my minds eye where I am watching Mary j blige other than in a packed pyramid field with a cider in one hand and a glasto ciggy in the other.

Despite what seems to be unfolding this week I still have complete blind faith that I'm going to be at glasto, wether through the secret resale or a competition.

There is no version of events in my minds eye where I am watching Mary j blige other than in a packed pyramid field with a cider in one hand and a glasto ciggy in the other.

That's the spirit!

Let me know if you need help, Im checking for a friend anyway - though it looks like you're well on top of it yourself

Pretty much exactly what I've done, though I use the "diff" utility rather than a checksum. I also use some image comparison tools. Different pages have different lines which need filtering out.

I can do sms but it costs a couple of pence per text at the mo so it could soon rack up in cost when a page is flapping! That's one thing you have to consider - some kind of back off. I.e if youre checking every minute, when a change is noticed, back off for a while to avoid masses of spam email.

Good work though! Sounds like you're on the right track..

• Upvote 1

Same here, this only the 2nd time I've failed to get a ticket in the original sale last time (I think about 5 years ago) there was a secret sale between Oct and June and I managed to buy 4 tickets no problem, so hoping I get lucky this week as the closer it gets the more I cannot imagine not being there.

Pretty much exactly what I've done, though I use the "diff" utility rather than a checksum. I also use some image comparison tools. Different pages have different lines which need filtering out.

I can do sms but it costs a couple of pence per text at the mo so it could soon rack up in cost when a page is flapping! That's one thing you have to consider - some kind of back off. I.e if youre checking every minute, when a change is noticed, back off for a while to avoid masses of spam email.

Good work though! Sounds like you're on the right track..

Yeah I was using diff originally to find out why the contents kept changing every time, despite content seeming to be the same.. that was when I discovered the serverTime variable and had to regex it out.

Cheers for the tips - with a fallow year next year I might almost be ready by the next festival.... hehe

Yeah I was using diff originally to find out why the contents kept changing every time, despite content seeming to be the same.. that was when I discovered the serverTime variable and had to regex it out.

Cheers for the tips - with a fallow year next year I might almost be ready by the next festival.... hehe

You don't get off so easily - the fallow year is 2017!

• Upvote 1

You don't get off so easily - the fallow year is 2017!

Oh yeah!!

I'll try to blame my mistake on the fallow year being bumped from 2011 to 2012 knocking it out of sequence... but that would just be a lie ;)