nid4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question

Why the downvotes?

The op is a new member on efests, without new members the forum will die.

Please find the Glastonbury spirit, think about your actions and think about the forum.

I am not trying to preach, please do not think I am, but I am not enjoying the anger over 1 bloody headliner who I doubt many people will see because they will be at the 100plus other stages and venues.

No one's getting angry, or has a problem with newbies as far as I can see (although the chap in resale thread boasting about buying a coach ticket but not planning to use it is a bit of a whopper), but posting the exact same thing in two threads then starting another thread with it is a trifle unnecessary.

I really really hope it is Paul McCartney.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the Beatles, but I just see him as a smug pretentious git! I would love him to play cos I can then bugger off somewhere else and not worry about it!

God knows what that former Beatle has to be smug about. The cheek of it.

Edited by TheRedSeat

3rd Headliner = Paul McCartney! :D

Reason 1)

Eavis previously said one headliner is :

"He's definitely British, but the band are not British anymore"

Paul's current band is American. The other 2 headliners are American so the 3rd would need to be British (And Male)

Reason 2)

Plus, Florence + Machine could've headlined Sunday, so the 3rd headliner would have to be quite big to bump her down the line-up

Reason 3)

Reason Paul hasn't been announced is because he was announced as a European exclusive for Roskilde Fest - Hence the 'Special Guests'

What do you think?

Dont know why you have so many downvotes! Id love macca and i agree it could be him too!

Wasn't at 2004 but I saw him at Anfield in 2008 and he was outstanding. Also saw him at the Echo Arena more recently, also a great gig but lacked the atmosphere of 08.

Anyway. It won't be him. I'd prefer it to be Blur as i've not seen them but Macca would be a very good substitute.