Special Guests + 3rd Headliner is Paul McCartney

nid4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind 2004, his voice was still perfectly fine when I saw him live in 2012.

People are just judging him off the olympics and jubilee gigs they saw on the telly.

I've not seen McCartney play before, 2004 was one of the few Glastonbury's I've missed since 1990. For various reasons I've missed him but really want to put that right.

I was surprised at how bad his voice sounded on both of those TV things and like most made me think his voice was finally shot.

You've seen him fairly recently though and he sounded good? I wonder what happened with those two high profile things then? Its not like he's going to be nervous. Also pretty relieved to hear he's sounding ok still, Ill take that. Not sure he's playing this year mind but I have got renewed interest in making sure I see him now.

*I'm not a southerner.

I've not seen McCartney play before, 2004 was one of the few Glastonbury's I've missed since 1990. For various reasons I've missed him but really want to put that right.

I was surprised at how bad his voice sounded on both of those TV things and like most made me think his voice was finally shot.

You've seen him fairly recently though and he sounded good? I wonder what happened with those two high profile things then? Its not like he's going to be nervous. Also pretty relieved to hear he's sounding ok still, Ill take that. Not sure he's playing this year mind but I have got renewed interest in making sure I see him now.

*I'm not a southerner.

I saw both those gigs on telly and he was truly awful I cannot deny it. No idea why.

There is a bootleg of his bonnaroo set from 2013 floating around the internet, and his voice is fine then too. He even sings maybe I'm amazed to a perfectly acceptable standard.

I'd be happy to see him at glastonbury, but I'll never pay to see him live again. The prices are insane! The setlist I got in 2012 was fantastic and I'm happy for that to be my last memory of him. The gig ended with the medley from abbey road. Great times.

Wasn't at 2004 but I saw him at Anfield in 2008 and he was outstanding. Also saw him at the Echo Arena more recently, also a great gig but lacked the atmosphere of 08.

Anyway. It won't be him. I'd prefer it to be Blur as i've not seen them but Macca would be a very good substitute.

Macca would be a good substitute to Blur? Blur are alright don't get me wrong but really? I don't think Macca needs to be considered a good substitute to anybody!

I have been a member for a lot of years and don't really post much however I do enjoy reading the posts but over the last couple of years I think the forum is getting full of Self-righteous idiots who for some reason enjoy putting others down, posting insulating comments, calling newbies and just generally being a bunch of pricks.

Do you not think the world would be pretty boring if we all had the same taste. So why be nasty and get on you moral high ground, the amount of posts I have seen that call someone because they like a band that is popular such as the killers or kings of leon!! No no everyone should only like unheard of musicians or up and coming bands and if them up and coming acts hit it big just go off them as “sell outs”.

Edited by NED KELLY

More for the reason he's absolutely passed it for me BSR, his voice for on the brink the last time he played and it's certainly got a lot worse, just don't see it being a particularly attractive headliner for the festival now

I saw him in 2011 and he was on fire (not literally).

I'd be over the moon if he played, and out of the rumoured acts is probably the only one I'd see over the Chems, providing they headline the other on the Sunday.

The setlist I got in 2012 was fantastic and I'm happy for that to be my last memory of him. The gig ended with the medley from abbey road. Great times.

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End?

What an amazing end to the show that was. Looking back, he did a whopping 39 tracks when I saw him, 25 of which were Beatles numbers.

I have been a member for a lot of years and don't really post much however I do enjoy reading the posts but over the last couple of years I think the forum is getting full of Self-righteous idiots who for some reason enjoy putting others down, posting insulating comments, calling newbies and just generally being a bunch of pricks.

Do you not think the world would be pretty boring if we all had the same taste. So why be nasty and get on you moral high ground, the amount of posts I have seen that call someone because they like a band that is popular such as the killers or kings of leon!! No no everyone should only like unheard of musicians or up and coming bands and if them up and coming acts hit it big just go off them as “sell outs”.

"everyone should only like unheard of musicians or up and coming bands"

.......like Paul McCartney you mean, which is who we are discussing in this thread?

I despair.

Hey Ned - I've been on here for years and years and years. I don't post as often as others but I've been kicking around a while.

I've also been going to the festival since 1990, I'm telling you both of those things to give you an idea of my perspective on this.

By and large this is a pretty cool place to look in on, its not always for the feint hearted but we're all big boys and girls so healthy debate and disagreement is welcomed. It can get out of hand and out of order at times but mostly that's passion, fight your corner, don't bow down.

Occasionally things have got out of order (certain shape and their camp last year spring to mind) but Neil (Mr Efests) does a good job of letting it all flow and joins in, sometimes he can be one of the most disagreeable!

Join in, embrace the debate, it'll put hairs on your chest.

Re Macca, ME told me during the build the year before last that he was glad that he booked Macca when he did as his voice is now shot.

This was in my mind when I said his voice was shot, I knew someone had said that somewhere

I just can't envision them booking him now