Death Cab For Cutie

Mouseboy11

Nice one guys. Never heard of these in my life before seeing this thread. That Transatlanticism is a tune. Very atmospheric. Listening to that Plans album now.

Soul Meets Body off Plans is brilliant as is What Sarah Said.

This is one of my favourites that's not on the two most famous albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-yP7mb8UE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good booking I'll be there to see them.

It'll be a waste if they're shoved on the Other Stage mid day, but I assume that's where they'll be unfortunately.

Delighted with these, I'd love to see them on the Park, but yeah have a feeling it will be the Other Stage. Kinda like the slot Bright Eyes got a few years ago

Would love em to play Transatlanticism but what with it being 7 minutes long, pretty downbeat and this being a festival set I unfortunately can't see it happening. Just hope they keep the new album tracks to a minimum - too many great songs theyll no doubt have to miss out

I saw them at T In The Park a few years back and they played it there, all of it. It was magical actually the way it built up. I think it was the last song.

I saw them at T In The Park a few years back and they played it there, all of it. It was magical actually the way it built up. I think it was the last song.

well i hope i'm wrong and they do play it 'cause it's definitely one of my favourites! looks like they're still closing their sets with it at their own shows, although i've just looked back at some of their festival sets from the past few years and it doesn't look like they played it at all at any of them (apart from when they got a full length set)

No you managed to squeeze it in yourself.

Anyone listened to the new album yet? Any good?

I have. Return to form in my opinion. Some class Death Cab tracks on it. I have tickets to see them for the first time in London in June. They're a great booking from Glasto, hoping for some sunshine during their set!

Narrow Stairs appears to being overlooked a bit. Worth a look for 'I Will Possess Your Heart' alone. Epic tune.

Narrow Stairs appears to being overlooked a bit. Worth a look for 'I Will Possess Your Heart' alone. Epic tune.

Narrow Stairs is probably my favourite - their most eclectic album, and always massively overlooked. hope we get a full length I Will Possess Your Heart (although maybe taking up 9 minutes of a festival set with one song isn't such a good idea)

Delighted they're playing! One of them.. 'Get In!!' moments, when scanning the lineup! Especially having Modest Mouse ruled out last week, I wasn't hopeful!

Gotta love those North West American acts! Hoping to see Sleater Kinney on the next line up although think it's looking unlikely