Death Cab For Cutie

Mouseboy11

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have. Return to form in my opinion. Some class Death Cab tracks on it. I have tickets to see them for the first time in London in June. They're a great booking from Glasto, hoping for some sunshine during their set!

Narrow Stairs appears to being overlooked a bit. Worth a look for 'I Will Possess Your Heart' alone. Epic tune.

It shall be getting bought.

They seem to hate me as they are playing Glasgow when I'm in London then two days later when I return to Glasgow they are playing London.

Every album except Codes and Keys and Something About Airplanes (which I also like) has been someone's favourite Death Cab album in this thread. They should get a 6 and a half hour set.

Narrow Stairs is probably my favourite - their most eclectic album, and always massively overlooked. hope we get a full length I Will Possess Your Heart (although maybe taking up 9 minutes of a festival set with one song isn't such a good idea)

Yup - mine too.

they played the full-length I Will Possess Your Heart to start the set when I saw them at Latitude...it was frickin' amazing!

Ben

I was lucky enough to see them support Foo Fighters in 2011.

How much influence over the lineup do you think headliners have?

Motorhead, Death Cab for Cutie, Death From Above 1979... seem very hand picked by Dave Grohl.

Would not be surprised if Kanye asked for Pharrell to support him either.

Really excited for this!

I second all the reccomends of Plans/Narrow Stairs!

Although I also want to mention Transatlanticism/Codes and Keys on there as well.

I'll be at one of the London shows in June also, so if anyone else is around come and say hi!

I would love to have got tickets for the shepherds bush gigs

Classic Marmite®, I'd say, whisty.

I really like it. Not a Postal Service fan then, I guess...?

Ben

Had to look it up, do have an album, garhh, same vocal but obvious guessed that. I must have liked something I heard of DCFC as have a few albums. Maybe better live eh!

We're talking about Brand New here right? My friend got us tickets for London.

They've just added a date at the Albert Hall in Manchester in September as well, on sale tomorrow 9am. Cracking venue, tempted to go for that too.

Edit: and now Ally Pally and Middlesbrough. (who plays in Middlesbrough?) Looks like a run of Sep dates then

Edited by fightoffyour

We're talking about Brand New here right? My friend got us tickets for London.

They've just added a date at the Albert Hall in Manchester in September as well, on sale tomorrow 9am. Cracking venue, tempted to go for that too.

Edit: and now Ally Pally and Middlesbrough. (who plays in Middlesbrough?) Looks like a run of Sep dates then

Yeah Brand New.

They've added Edinburgh as well by the looks of it.