Death Cab For Cutie

Mouseboy11

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girlfriend tried for Birmingham but nothing! Shame, would've been great to see em in such a small venue. Fingers crossed for a bigger tour later in te year then

Yeah I'm in the same boat for the Glasgow gig. Might try periodically anyway despite the show selling out as sometimes persistence pays off.

I would love to have got tickets for the shepherds bush gigs

I was very lucky that I got them in the o2 Priority pre-sale. And got to work early to ensure I was sat there ready at 9am!

It'll be my first time seeing them as well, so I'm doubly excited. Can't wait.

Transatlanticism is easily one of my favourite albums. The trio of Tiny Vessels/Transatlanticism/Passanger Seat is incredible. I've gone off them in recent years after the last album, but the new post-Deschanel breakup album is actually pretty good. Ghosts of Beverly Drive and Black Sun are great.

• 3 weeks later...

If they are low other they've got a lot of competition during the day. Lionel Richie / Hozier / Alt-J which will all draw big on the pyramid

Which makes me think they won't be on the other and on a smaller stage. Can't see them effectively pulling a big crowd against some of the big guns!

I know these guys are gonna clash with someone :'(

5th down on Other methinks - which is heartbreaking for me as it'll mean a Lionel clash, and Lionel will win that one

Watch Death Cab then you've got 10 mins to get to Pyramid and see the rest of Lionel. As the clash finder is, Years & Years then Death Cab might beat him, but I expect Y&Y around 4th JP.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/death-cab-for-cutie/2015/parque-da-cidade-oporto-portugal-3c9f11b.html

Just been looking at their setlist from Primavera last weekend and I guess we'll get something similar. I'd be really happy with that, I was thinking that they'd drop at least one if not both of I Will Possess Your Heart and Transatlanticism so both of them being there is promising! The new ones they're doing are probably the best ones off the album too.

Sensational in London last night.

Cracking selection of both new and old, all the way back to President of What? Which made me very happy.

Gibbard did a few songs on his own too - the whole of Shepherds Bush Empire singing along to the end of What Sarah Said was a particular highlight.

Even more excited for them at Glasto now. Just need to engineer my way into the thick of it.

Surprised to see 'I Will Possess...' and 'Transatlanticism' in the same festival set due to them being so long but that's definitely not a bad thing.

It's looking unlikely I'll catch them at Glastonbury due to the clash hell :( But I can't wait to see them tomorrow night :D

It's looking unlikely I'll catch them at Glastonbury due to the clash hell :( But I can't wait to see them tomorrow night :D

I'm kind of gutted that I'm not going again tonight/tomorrow - they've got such an amazing back catalogue that they could play a completely different set list each night.