Coachella

mccdyl001

3 hours ago, TheDayman said:

There’s often Glasto goers who travel from this side of the globe to try Coachella but do we ever get the Coachella people coming this side for Glastonbury?

I suspect those who do get a big surprise when they find out they can watch their favourite artist AND have a beer at the same time. A wild concept.🤯

100% lol

Hardly anyone from here goes to coachella and hardly any of them come here though. Suprefan is the only one frequents these boards i think that does both regularly

16 hours ago, gfa said:

100% lol

Hardly anyone from here goes to coachella and hardly any of them come here though. Suprefan is the only one frequents these boards i think that does both regularly

Maybe I should have been less specific, you often hear of people from the UK heading to Coachella but I’m not sure how often the reverse is true… hence why I was wondering what they’d think if they went to a festival where you didn’t have to drink in a designated zone

Edited by TheDayman

On 4/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, philipsteak said:

But if you don't do all that then Bad Bunny won't get paid twelvety billion dollars. Is that what you want? IS IT?

Jesus, you're right. Poor Bunny. How's he gonna get his goddamn moolah!

I'm gonna contact American Express right now n get a card and take advantage of my super-sick experiences. Oh, and I better not forget to whack at least 50 dollars on my plastic at the festival, then I'll be given 10 dollars cashback! Mad festival vibes, that.

AND you get a free go on the rollercoaster with Amex. (I thought the ferris wheel was free anyway?!?!)

AND you get to say fuck you to all the slow-pokes as you breeze past with your Amex card waving in the air for the Merch stands.*

*Only between 4-6pm though the generous bastards. 

image.thumb.png.7d7b687241a558b2a5f1bc857764c199.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Jesus, you're right. Poor Bunny. How's he gonna get his goddamn moolah!

I'm gonna contact American Express right now n get a card and take advantage of my super-sick experiences. Oh, and I better not forget to whack at least 50 dollars on my plastic at the festival, then I'll be given 10 dollars cashback! Mad festival vibes, that.

AND you get a free go on the rollercoaster with Amex. (I thought the ferris wheel was free anyway?!?!)

AND you get to say fuck you to all the slow-pokes as you breeze past with your Amex card waving in the air for the Merch stands.*

*Only between 4-6pm though the generous bastards. 

image.thumb.png.7d7b687241a558b2a5f1bc857764c199.png

To be fair, this sounds exactly like All Points East! We have our fair share of Amex/corporate w*nkery in the UK festival scene.

2 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Maybe I should have been less specific, you often here of people from the UK heading to Coachella but I’m not sure how often the reverse is true… hence why I was wondering what they’d think if they went to a festival where you didn’t have to drink in a designated zone

(raises hand) American here 

Glasto was my first festival ever in 2004.  Spoiled me rotten.  Coachella was my second ever festival in 2007. Disappointed me to my core.  This year will be Glasto #10 for me; the two festivals don't even compare. 

With flights and all, I still think Glasto is less expensive too

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, stuie said:

To be fair, this sounds exactly like All Points East! We have our fair share of Amex/corporate w*nkery in the UK festival scene.

That's fair enough, I know there are other UK festivals with w*nky corporate shit like this and I've been to some in Portugal, Czechia with similar stuff too.

Just glad Glasto resists the urge to do this kind of stuff. They just don't need it, it wouldn't improve anything, Glasto is already awesome enough as is.

35 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's fair enough, I know there are other UK festivals with w*nky corporate shit like this and I've been to some in Portugal, Czechia with similar stuff too.

Just glad Glasto resists the urge to do this kind of stuff. They just don't need it, it wouldn't improve anything, Glasto is already awesome enough as is.

Wait til the ticket price hits £400 and the elitist talk happens again. The festival of the people died and now only the rich can attend. How comfortable being middle aged with a steady income can be I guess.

hey look a nice story on the dance stage which has launched a few careers and changed the genre too. But its just a boring  corpo festival with no soul, how does it have any cultural impact.

54 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Wait til the ticket price hits £400 and the elitist talk happens again. The festival of the people died and now only the rich can attend. How comfortable being middle aged with a steady income can be I guess.

hey look a nice story on the dance stage which has launched a few careers and changed the genre too. But its just a boring  corpo festival with no soul, how does it have any cultural impact.

I know, right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

All that article says is up and coming acts played at a smaller tent before they became big. It's par for the course. I once saw Arcade Fire play to a half-empty tent at Reading in 2005 on the NME stage.

Artists playing smaller stages before they make it bigger is an inevitability for literally any festival going.

Heck, you can find videos of Ed Sheeran and Adele doing the same at Glasto to tiny crowds. I'm sure there's more examples too 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

All that article says is up and coming acts played at a smaller tent before they became big. It's par for the course. I once saw Arcade Fire play to a half-empty tent at Reading in 2005 on the NME stage.

Hey I once saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers play at my university's student bar which was the size of a garage.  But OFC this has nothing to do with Coachella vs. Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Butterz said:

Hey I once saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers play at my university's student bar which was the size of a garage.  But OFC this has nothing to do with Coachella vs. Glastonbury.

Did your students union have a designed drinking zone though which you could only enter with an Amex platinum card? I think not.

Heck I bet it didnt even have a single social media influencer room where you paid 2 grand to enter it.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Coachella haters

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/9/2023 at 4:41 PM, stuie said:

At APE you get a free water bottle and fast entry into festival (looked like it took longer to me honestly). Hardly compares

7 hours ago, gfa said:

At APE you get a free water bottle and fast entry into festival (looked like it took longer to me honestly). Hardly compares

no ones does a corporate suck fest like America.  Especially when you're trapped in the desert and have no other options but to buy literally everything from them.  My year at Coachella I had some sinus problems, and brought over the counter medicine with me.  They threw it out on my entry and said I could buy more inside (at quite the inflated cost). 

We got maps. Larger merch tent with 100 registers, 10 more water stations than last year and now sunscreen stations. But those things are not important cause corpo fest wants your money.  Also the other maps just cause. And Despacio has a bar, but wait, thats a bad thing.

24891809-7425-40AB-8FFF-EFB1E8631750.jpeg

0E5F26C3-17FF-4F36-8ACD-92A969728D55.jpeg

A9A1E24F-F57C-4E65-981F-59AACF42D66A.jpeg

55215B6E-10AB-432A-9A14-C57492C47438.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

30 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We got maps. Larger merch tent with 100 registers, 10 more water stations than last year and now sunscreen stations. But those things are not important cause corpo fest wants your money.  Also the other maps just cause. And Despacio has a bar, but wait, thats a bad thing.

How poorly managed is it if theres 100 cash registers and 2 hour queues for merch. Thats honestly impressive

Glastonbury has maps? literally every fest has maps! did coachella not have them until this year or something... surprising if so, considering they literally tell you where to go and buy stuff

tent camping being further out than almost all car camping is peak america lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Quite small actually, I thought it would be bigger?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

How poorly managed is it if theres 100 cash registers and 2 hour queues for merch. Thats honestly impressive

Glastonbury has maps? literally every fest has maps! did coachella not have them until this year or something... surprising if so, considering they literally tell you where to go and buy stuff

tent camping being further out than almost all car camping is peak america lol

2 hour queues for the shitmunchers. For those who had the wherewithal to take out an American Express card only have to wait 1 hour... between 4-6pm on the Saturday...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.