Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

seems like they are playing everywhere. My only worry for glastonbury is if they announced their comeback after all the appropriate slots were filled. Unlikely though..

Would love them to headline the other stage, after I agonisingly missed them in the same slot in 2003 due to horrific clash issues..

Would love them to headline the other stage, after I agonisingly missed them in the same slot in 2003 due to horrific clash issues..

Are they big enough? I imagined them as Park Headliners personally.

I hope they don't get given a shit slit like 5pm on Friday on the other.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

seems like they are playing everywhere. My only worry for glastonbury is if they announced their comeback after all the appropriate slots were filled. Unlikely though..

Headlining the Other was my ideal too but some on here seem to doubt they're big enough to do it. Don't agree myself (Bugg's Law means that anything can happen!) but if that means they get to headline JP instead then that's fine my me!

I hope this happens, I've invested a lot of time recently catching up on them, really want this now, Other or JP I don't really care! After the dross on the Pyramid if the Eavis can manage to give me Laura Marling on the park one night and SFA on another i'll be a very happy boy ! :)

Didn't Neil say the whole Metallica step up thing wasn't what it was originally thought to be?

Either way, on a personal level I'd rate SFA on a similar level to Portishead and Flaming Lips who both absolutely smashed it on the Other.

exactly. Definitely on a level with flaming lips I'd have thought, and with more recognisable tunes to the masses probably.

Though SFA are playing third down at that victory festival thing in portsmouth, while flaming lips are headlining their day.

exactly. Definitely on a level with flaming lips I'd have thought, and with more recognisable tunes to the masses probably.

Though SFA are playing third down at that victory festival thing in portsmouth, while flaming lips are headlining their day.

Primal Scream are third down too and they subbed the Pyramid in 2013 and headlined Other in 2011. It's on!

Lets call it the "Panic at the Disco Law" so..............

SFA are more than deserving of a headline slot on the Other IMO. Especially if (for selfish reasoning) they are up against Kanye or the Foos

Saturday please!

not a chance. SFA are no bigger than Park headliners.

not a chance. SFA are no bigger than Park headliners.

Their current festival listings suggest they are bigger. Headlining Forgotten Fields alongside Basement Jaxx and headlining Green Man alongside Hot Chip. Don't know what stage/position they'll have at Victorious Festival but they're third down on the list of names on the Sunday, the same position given to Primal Scream on the Saturday. Basement Jaxx, Hot Chip and Primal Scream would all get bigger slots than Park headliners - much bigger.