Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

Rings around the world.... Wooah! That is an album. Loved it.

I had heard and knew of Juxtapozed with U, but it's not typical of the album is it?

Im disappointed in myself for not hearing this sooner.

Receptacle for the Respectable!!! Fantastic. Ive just had that on again when the album finished.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard and knew of Juxtapozed with U, but it's not typical of the album is it?

Receptacle for the Respectable!!! Fantastic. Ive just had that on again when the album finished.

Great album. Other than end of the world and no sympathy it's hella full of hooks and choruses. Run Christian Run is one of the best they've ever done for me.

:D That just gave me a warm fuzzy (dunlop) feeling! To think you were experiencing it for the first time and getting such a kick out of it. :) Top album. Some great tunage and yes R4 the R if fucking brilliant stuff alright. Love that live!

First ever listen of Phantom Power.... Another great album. It doesn't quite match rings around the world for me, but I really enjoyed it.

They are a much more interesting band than I imagined they would be. They completely passed me by previously, big shame.

I really hope they are on in the summer.

Still shocked at your poor Guerrilla review...

Interested to see your Love kraft review, a lot of people think it's much poorer than the previous ones, but I love it

I am going to go back to Guerilla as it's the only one I have not liked, I may be doing it a disservice. I might have gone into that was some expectations. It's interesting hearing the evolution of a band in a short space of time.

I will get onto Love Kraft this afternoon / evening.

Overall I have been impressed. A massive beatles influence is coming through, but rather than trying to replicate (Oasis) thry are trying to push it forward with their own ideas.

Im hearing Radiohead in there too, but also techno. There are a few techno and house music samples and noises I can reference

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Still shocked at your poor Guerrilla review...

Interested to see your Love kraft review, a lot of people think it's much poorer than the previous ones, but I love it

Love Kraft is really good. To me that's the last of their albums at that level. The two after have a dip in quality as a whole but still have some great tracks.

Love Kraft is really good. To me that's the last of their albums at that level. The two after have a dip in quality as a whole but still have some great tracks.

I can certainly see the band influences , I actually really like Dark days/light years, sort of disagree that it lacks the quality of the others.

Yeah I agree with this. I love a few of the songs off hey Venus but overall it is markedly worse than the others. I barely listen too dark days at all, I haven't listened too it in years. Will give it a listen in the way to work tomorrow I think.

I am surprised to see that they still haven't sold out their two nights in Brixton, they are however nearly £40 a pop, for me it's too close to Glastonbury and i've already shelled out for 4 tickets to see Jungle there otherwise i'd go. I guess i'll have to hope they play Glaso this year.

Just listened to Love Kraft overall - it works for me...

Atomik Lust is up there with their best work I've heard (so far).

Oi Frango was another highlight.

Best track - Atomik Lust

It just didn't have any "singles" on it, which is probably what put a few people off.

It still doesn't match Rings around the World.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just listened to Love Kraft overall - it works for me...

Atomik Lust is up there with their best work I've heard (so far).

Oi Frango was another highlight.

Best track - Atomik Lust

It just didn't have any "singles" on it, which is probably what put a few people off.

It still doesn't match Rings around the World.

I love cabin fever off that one.

I look forward to your next review!

Furries just announced for Green Man Festival in August.

Thinking this makes them a proper chance for a Glasto slot now. :D

Man i hope they play, as I'm coming over from Oz, and they are one of my all time fav bands.

PS. Another vote for Sat night Park headliners. Would be epic!!!

Edited by Scotrsman

Furries just announced for Green Man Festival in August.

Thinking this makes them a proper chance for a Glasto slot now. :D

Man i hope they play, as I'm coming over from Oz, and they are one of my all time fav bands.

PS. Another vote for Sat night Park headliners. Would be epic!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely going to that. What a year for festivals. Portishead at latitude and the furries at green man. Fantastic news!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely going to that. What a year for festivals. Portishead at latitude and the furries at green man. Fantastic news!

portishead at latitude will be so weird, imagine your out for a stroll in your local park..families all around having a nice time and portishead happen to be playing on the bandstand..