Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might do a cheeky warm up show round our way maybe Wessex? *crosses finggers*

As far as warm up shows go, I'd love them to do another show in the William Aston Hall, Wrexham. They played in 2005, but at that age, I had no idea of any of their songs

I was hoping against hope they'd be playing that again. The date for the Manchester one isn't great, but that's the one I'm getting a ticket for, and I'll have to hope that I can still get a Brixton ticket if I have an exam that day

Yeah, it was good. But like I said the other day, Blur were always big, but not *that* big. No hysteria around them playing, was a fairly regular, routine occurance. Easy enough to get tickets. I guess gig-going has changed with this mad, frantic rush for tickets and stuff selling out in minutes.

Sigur Ros make up a lot of words in their songs too :lol:

Tis known as Vonlenska or Hoplandic, but I have to put English on it in my head for some reason...........it results in very odd word combinations and sometimes it can detract from a tune........... eg Hljomalind is a class class tune, but Im singing "you rise on my phone"................???

Yeah, it was good. But like I said the other day, Blur were always big, but not *that* big. No hysteria around them playing, was a fairly regular, routine occurance. Easy enough to get tickets. I guess gig-going has changed with this mad, frantic rush for tickets and stuff selling out in minutes.

Just basic supply and demand economics at work. I saw SFA on their last two major tours (for Hey Venus! and Dark Days/Light Years) and I don't think there was any great scramble for tickets like there will be for these dates.

Yeah, I find myself doing that a lot. The most common for me is on Svefn-G-Englar, where I find myself singing, 'it's youuuuuu'.

hahahaha Are they not the words? I didn't know that was the name of the song, but I know EXACTLY which track you mean there. I've been singing 'It's you-oo-ooo' to that for fucking decades.

Yeah, I find myself doing that a lot. The most common for me is on Svefn-G-Englar, where I find myself singing, 'it's youuuuuu'.

hahahaha Are they not the words? I didn't know that was the name of the song, but I know EXACTLY which track you mean there. I've been singing 'It's you-oo-ooo' to that for fucking decades.

hahaha i always thought those were the lyrics as well but decided to look it up and it's actually 'tju'. still sing 'it's you' though