Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does anyone think that Sunday night clashes are horrifying? Biffy & FOB Clashing with King Blues, Good Charlotte, 1975, The Wombats and Temper Trap. That's 7 bands that all potentially clash, absolute nightmare!! Hoping Good Charlotte's stage will finish before FOB/Biffy start. Also, does anyone know who'll be on first out of Biffy & FOB?

25 minutes ago, alexwetherell said:

Is it just me, or does anyone think that Sunday night clashes are horrifying? Biffy & FOB Clashing with King Blues, Good Charlotte, 1975, The Wombats and Temper Trap. That's 7 bands that all potentially clash, absolute nightmare!! Hoping Good Charlotte's stage will finish before FOB/Biffy start. Also, does anyone know who'll be on first out of Biffy & FOB?

Fairly sure Biffy are on last at both sites

7 hours ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

Does anyone know if Day trippers can get into the campsite? I did it in 2014 but was wondering if they'd had any change of rules or anything since then?

There's now a day ticket entrance so they've cracked down on that, however I'm not sure how strict they've been on letting day ticket holders out the normal exit into the camp.

11 hours ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

Does anyone know if Day trippers can get into the campsite? I did it in 2014 but was wondering if they'd had any change of rules or anything since then?

Day trippers can easily get into the campsite when the arena closes. Never once have I seen anybody checking wristbands leaving the arena going back into the campsite. It would be so hard to do so with the huge heard of people going through that gate once the headliners finish. 

7 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

There's now a day ticket entrance so they've cracked down on that, however I'm not sure how strict they've been on letting day ticket holders out the normal exit into the camp.

The day ticket entrance for 2015 was just the same entrance in to Green camp so there's no segregation. Just wondering if they'll change things again this year. Here's 2015's map

reading_2015_sitemap_20.08.15.png

18 hours ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

You go through the campsite at Leeds to get to the arena even if you have day tickets and the exit is through the campsite. Reading has it's own entrance for day tickets but you'll probably get into the campsite at the end of the day but I can't say for sure

Cheers for the help guys, it's not for sneaking someone in over night, more that I have a friend coming just for the Saturday and was hoping they'd be able to come chill with us outside the arena. I know that they don't check wristbands on the way out but I was wondering about when you go back in because they check then.

On 17 June 2016 at 2:35 PM, alexwetherell said:

I cannot agree with this more. Generally the Fri/Sat (Reading) I can take or leave the bands that are playing, but on the Sunday evening/night the clashes are awful for me. I want to see Cage, Vaccines, FOB, Biffy, Wombats 1975, Temper Trap, Good Charlotte and I potentially can only see about 2. 

On 6/23/2016 at 4:46 PM, rdg3tim97 said:

Reading have confirmed the on site supermarket is returning. Do we think that means the orange gate to tesco wont be there again this year?

I hope the orange gate is open this year, last year was a nightmare for going to an offsite supermarket :(

On 6/23/2016 at 4:46 PM, rdg3tim97 said:

Reading have confirmed the on site supermarket is returning. Do we think that means the orange gate to tesco wont be there again this year?

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

I hope the orange gate is open this year, last year was a nightmare for going to an offsite supermarket :(

I'm pretty sure the orange gate was only shut off last year due to major road works taking place, so I think it'll be open as usual this year/ 

3 hours ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Do we know the deal with Foals/Disclosure co-headlining? Will they rotate who plays last?

Apologies if this has already been answered and I've missed it.

Nothing confirmed officially by R&L themselves but Foals said in an interview a while back that they're closing Reading. Whether they'll close both sites like Biffy isn't known yet. 

1 hour ago, nickybu said:

When do you all reckon we'd get a few more names announced? Been a while now

Last year's announcement dates... don't think we can expect anything too significant now unless they have a surprise up their sleeves.

2016-06-29_1552.png

Surely has to be a few more for the The Pit/Lock Up. We're down about 10 bands from last year in total across the 3 days. Even if they finish it early on the Biffy day you'd imagine a few more, unless they're giving bands more time this year. Although Copping said that with Download and that didn't happen. 

I suppose I wouldn't mind less bands if it did mean bands got longer and they avoided the usual shambles of that stage overrunning. 

12 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

christ, i know you can't judge full songs by little snippets, but this sounds terrible. they've somehow gone even more slick and streamlined. i'll wait until i hear the full product of course, but these snippets? bland. bland. bland.

is anybody even excited for this?

Edited by FloorFiller

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

christ, i know you can't judge full songs by little snippets, but this sounds terrible. they've somehow gone even more slick and streamlined. i'll wait until i hear the full product of course, but these snippets? bland. bland. bland.

is anybody even excited for this?

nah this'l be the album that makes them subs from now on