Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/06/2016 at 11:21 PM, oneoftherest said:

"Courteeners aren't very big outside Manchester"

Just sold out a load of O2s all over the country rather quickly, I'd say thyre probably pretty big

I'm a Courteeners fan but they're not as big as some people are suggesting. I'd only consider them that big had they sold out 4 or 5 nights at Brixton or Roundhouse where the likes of Kasabian and The 1975 have been before. In no way are the deserving of a third from top main stage slot, even more so because of a lot of their thuggish fans have ruined loads of gigs before too with flares indoors etc.

I really like Animal Style but really, really hate the production of it. I know it's purposely that way, but to me it takes the 'edge' away from the song so much prefer the live version. Don't like any of the other new stuff I've seen live versions of though so not looking hopeful. 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:01 PM, Will-2609 said:

He used the O2 thing as evidence they're big outside of Manchester...

And when they sold out Heaton Park it was an insanely reduced capacity and basically arena sized.

25,000 is bigger than every UK arena and is over double of the capacity for a fair few of them

19 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

25,000 is bigger than every UK arena and is over double of the capacity for a fair few of them

It was 20,000 which is smaller than the MEN Arena which they'd already played.

Regardless, his point was that the O2 Academy tour proved their size outside Manchester. We know they're huge in Manchester; that's the entire point. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Good Charlotte have Simon Neil featuring on one of their new tracks so if anyone was wondering if they'd clash w Biffy I'd count it out. I'm p certain they're gonna close the pit stage down before FOB start anyway that day.

Anyone else interested to hear just HOW BAD that Good Charlotte w/ Simon Neil track will be?

10 hours ago, conroy17 said:

Good Charlotte have Simon Neil featuring on one of their new tracks so if anyone was wondering if they'd clash w Biffy I'd count it out. I'm p certain they're gonna close the pit stage down before FOB start anyway that day.

Anyone else interested to hear just HOW BAD that Good Charlotte w/ Simon Neil track will be?

Is he definitely on it? I just thought he wrote it.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new Chili Peppers album is a weird one. very downbeat. hard to imagine much of it going down well with festival crowds - i reckon they'll keep the amount of new material played at a minimum. that said it's miles better than I'm With You

I'd reckon 3 or 4 songs would be played from the new album, they'll most likely get an hour and a half slot which they usually play around 15 songs, thing with the Chili Peppers is they have like 7/8 songs that they always play then like to throw in a few 'deeper' cuts from older albums in every set nowadays. 

Quite enjoying most of the new album to be fair, a couple of songs I don't like really but loving Go Robot and Encore