Lineup 2016

Matt42

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Hahaha it was poor. Almost entirely throwaway. After doing so I also listened to the RHCP album out of interest which was worse, but looking at their setlists they don't play that much of it. Still, neither outdid Bloc Party as the worst album I've heard this year.

Chilli peppers were shit at rock werchter. Still loads of jamming, really quiet when every other band sounded amazing on the main stage. They played aeroplane which is the only reason it was an improvement over there Leeds 2007 performance. Editors were on after them and absolutely blew them away.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Chilli peppers were shit at rock werchter. Still loads of jamming, really quiet when every other band sounded amazing on the main stage. They played aeroplane which is the only reason it was an improvement over there Leeds 2007 performance. Editors were on after them and absolutely blew them away.

Yeah Chilis do nothing for me now when announced on a bill, they were really good last time I saw them so that will do...and recent stuff is poor. Editors sets as of late have been poor for me too tbf.

2 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

They're recent stuff works really well live too. They were honestly the band of the weekend.

Yeah they were amazing when I went. Second favourite act of the weekend behind Nick Cave, ahead of the likes of Blur, Sigur Ros, Depeche Mode, Rammstein. They really suit headlining festivals; only times I've seen them at UK fests have been mid-afternoon on the main stage at Leeds and the Other Stage at Glasto - it doesn't work at all.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah they were amazing when I went. Second favourite act of the weekend behind Nick Cave, ahead of the likes of Blur, Sigur Ros, Depeche Mode, Rammstein. They really suit headlining festivals; only times I've seen them at UK fests have been mid-afternoon on the main stage at Leeds and the Other Stage at Glasto - it doesn't work at all.

Yeah the uk media really dropped the ball with them. They should have been pushed much harder than they were. 

Also saw disclosure and foals... Hopefully biffy will put on a good show eh? 

Actually foals were decent to chill out to, there sets never used to be really laid back right?

Edited by lightning1000

11 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Yeah the uk media really dropped the ball with them. They should have been pushed much harder than they were. 

Also saw disclosure and foals... Hopefully biffy will put on a good show eh? 

Actually foals were decent to chill out to, there sets never used to be really laid back right?

Never saw Foals until after Holy Fire (Leeds 13, Newcastle Academy 15, Leeds Arena 16, Glasto 16), but their own gigs I've been to recently have been some of the sweatiest hours of my life. It wasn't exactly chilled out at Glastonbury, either, and Yannis has always been all-action when I've seen them. Crowds at Werchter were pretty chilled in general when I went and I don't think Foals are as big over there, are they? I don't expect their R&L sets to be laid back at all.

4 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Random question which isn't really to do with the lineup, but can anyone recommend a decent Coolbox? I bought one last year that was awful and only lasted a few hours, I'm willing to invest in a decent one but obviously don't want to fork out unless I know it works for a few days. 

Check the Glastonbury questions forum was a thread on there 

22 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Random question which isn't really to do with the lineup, but can anyone recommend a decent Coolbox? I bought one last year that was awful and only lasted a few hours, I'm willing to invest in a decent one but obviously don't want to fork out unless I know it works for a few days. 

I use a Coleman Extreme. Froze beer and ice packs before hand and left Scotland on Wed morning. Still had cold beer on Sunday. I still take it to festivals despite having a good fridge in my van. 

Does anyone know what the score is with biffy  / fall out boy and disclosure / foals between reading / leeds?

Assumed one would headline each and swap but both festival line up pages show Foals highest, and Biffy highest. Which suits me and seems how it should be anyway.

But is it confirmed?

24 minutes ago, Duncan1234 said:

Does anyone know what the score is with biffy  / fall out boy and disclosure / foals between reading / leeds?

Assumed one would headline each and swap but both festival line up pages show Foals highest, and Biffy highest. Which suits me and seems how it should be anyway.

But is it confirmed?

It's not been explicitly confirmed (tho it might have in Twitter dialogue with fans) but it's fair to assume that seeing as they've hammered home who's closing what night in the past and listed it as so on the site.