Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

Underworld, tame impala, jurassic 5, flying lotus, kate tempest, todd terje, jamie xx, four tet, madlib, future islands, DEAN FUCKING BLUNT, fat white family, sleaford mods, pond... this line-up is a dream, i'm gonna spend the next couple of weeks convincing mates to get tickets so i can go... wish me luck

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just slide up on the opposite side to the main bar at the Big Top, can normally get in near the front from that way

+1, did this for Basement Jaxx last year, you actually get half decent sound and a shity view from just outside around there to!

subbing and headlining are very different though - a few festivals have acts subbing / lower down the lineup who, when risen to the ranks of headliner, they wouldn't rebook. i can't see either The Vaccines or TDCC headlining at all. far too Reading-baite. Two Door Cinema Club, Chemical Brothers and Ronson would be an awful set of headliners. i definitely think a huge act will fill one of the spots, like there's been in the past few years

You say this about Biffy and Glastonbury to, and you are wrong :P

If anything Bestival seems to go the other way and have headliners that wouldn't headline else where :P Its only the big metal acts who can headline Download but not other fests where I think this really happens with.

Anyway, a tad underwelmed with the first annoucement tbh! Its okish, there is nothing that says stay away but its not exactly come get me!

I'd see, Chemical Brothers, Undeworld, The Jacksons (I guess, though I reckon it would be quite shit), Jungle, Jurassic 5, Gorgon City, Little Dragon,, Duke Dumont, , Rae Morris, The Cuban Brothers, Pond so far.

So its not bad return I guess but its nothing I've not seen before/will be else where particulary or really hyped for.

You say this about Biffy and Glastonbury to, and you are wrong :P

If anything Bestival seems to go the other way and have headliners that wouldn't headline else where :P Its only the big metal acts who can headline Download but not other fests where I think this really happens with.

i'm yet to be proven wrong on that (although i probably, unfortunately, am)

and it's got nothing to do with them not headlining anywhere else - they were supposed to headline Latitude last year - i just don't think they're a right fit. Bestival doesn't tend to go for your run of the mil indie bands topping the lineup. the closest they've come is Foals, and they sound like art rock compared to TDCC/Vaccines

i'm yet to be proven wrong on that (although i probably, unfortunately, am)

and it's got nothing to do with them not headlining anywhere else - they were supposed to headline Latitude last year - i just don't think they're a right fit. Bestival doesn't tend to go for your run of the mil indie bands topping the lineup. the closest they've come is Foals, and they sound like art rock compared to TDCC/Vaccines

Magic Numbers have headlined haven't they? and Elbow!!!

I guess Florence is kind of indie pop in a way :P

They might not as Bestival tends to have other options, but I don't see why they would ignore them if they had them sub the festival.

The thing with TDCC is that when they headlined they appealed a lot to some of the younger crowd there, at that time they were a huge band but I would argue that a lot of that audience will now have moved on from them, and I can't see them appealing to a younger demographic. If I listen to their music now I think it's aged terribly, saccharine indie nonsense.

I hope Ronson doesn't headline, he isn't headlining Parklife & that's nowhere near as big as Bestival...

I suppose they could try & pass it off as a special 'with guests' party type thing. Lily Allen, Simon Le Bon & Kevin Parker are already on the line up so who knows, it would be a bit of a cop out in my eyes though.

I hope Ronson doesn't headline, he isn't headlining Parklife & that's nowhere near as big as Bestival...

I suppose they could try & pass it off as a special 'with guests' party type thing. Lily Allen, Simon Le Bon & Kevin Parker are already on the line up so who knows, it would be a bit of a cop out in my eyes though.

Fatboy Slim isn't headlining it either!

I can't see them not doing something like that though with it being a success and probably not costing a fat lot. Might not be Ronson though - might be something to do with the theme. Ringo Starr's All-Starr Peace & Love Party?

it's a bit underwhelming due to not a lot of 'wow didn't expect them' acts, but the majority of the port is still to come. there are still some right gems like madlib, j5, flylo, jamie xx and flight facilities.

i think I said exactly the same last year.

it's a bit shit how we're predicting a 'cop out' headliner, but I still love the festival and will take that hit.

Should it not be The Chemical Brother rather than The Chemical Brothers, Ed Simons is not going to be part of these shows, he is taking a break to concentrate on his academic studies. http://www.factmag.com/2014/11/17/ed-simons-is-no-longer-playing-the-chemical-brothers-live-shows/

Aye, that'd be a great selling point to market your festival.

There's more than enough there already for me. Looking forward to the 2nd phase. Seems the only way is up for Bestival so im hoping for a major headliner to be announced.

i definitely think there will be - every year there's that one headliner who is undeniably bigger than the others, and that can't be Chemical Bros (although fortunately, they're a belter headliner anyway). just hope this year does away with the Fatboy Slim/Chic-esque cop out headliner. dental's Ronson prediction seems far too doable

i definitely think there will be - every year there's that one headliner who is undeniably bigger than the others, and that can't be Chemical Bros

Its usually an older more legendary act, thinking from previous years Elton John, Stevie Wonder (+New Order for some), The Cure.

What acts are about that are up there with them?