Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind saying. Will Smith would be a massive selling point for me.

It would be a complete bollocks of a headline slot, he has about 3 songs anyone cares about. Anyway, it doesn't like his gone back to rapping again really? Other than doing the odd Fresh prince on chat shows.

It would be a complete bollocks of a headline slot, he has about 3 songs anyone cares about. Anyway, it doesn't like his gone back to rapping again really? Other than doing the odd Fresh prince on chat shows.

Men in Black

Getting Jiggy wit it

Miami

Switch

Wild Wild West

Girls ain't nothing but trouble

Summertime

Boom Shake the room

ignoring all the hits he has it'd be brilliant for the comedic factor on it's own

"There'll be a whole day and night dedicated to how electronic music and strings/orchestras and classical shizzle are colliding".

Not really headliner related, but Goldie & the Heritage Orchestra are playing 2 live shows at the southbank centre in July performing his Timeless album..... fits this pretty well, no?

Edited by Colonel Bastard

My Headliner guesses would be:

Blur - new album, waiting to sell out Hyde park before being announced.

Morrissey- still touring despite illness, have heard RDB speak fondly of him in the past.

Stone Roses - Rumours rife of New material this year, 60s influenced sound would fit the theme,as would their association with the acid/2nd summer of love of 88/89.

Cypress Hill - Maybe not a headliner, but would fit the hip-hop slot nicely And are playing UK dates this year with talks of New material.

Aphex Twin - New(ish) album out, would fit the "Huge" Port headliner slot.

Reading these back, I've realise all of the above are more of a personal wishlist!

Edited by Colonel Bastard

My Headliner guesses would be:

Blur - new album, waiting to sell out Hyde park before being announced.

Morrissey- still touring despite illness, have heard RDB speak fondly of him in the past.

Stone Roses - Rumours rife of New material this year, 60s influenced sound would fit the theme,as would their association with the acid/2nd summer of love of 88/89.

Cypress Hill - Maybe not a headliner, but would fit the hip-hop slot nicely And are playing UK dates this year with talks of New material.

Aphex Twin - New(ish) album out, would fit the "Huge" Port headliner slot.

Reading these back, I've realise all of the above are more of a personal wishlist!

Blur and Stone Roses would be out of Bestival's range really. You're right about Cypress Hill, they could show up. I wouldn't count on Aphex Twin as I don't think he's planning on doing shows (at least not as Aphex Twin) anymore.

Morrissey's a very good shout considering his tour still had tickets to shift so might have been held back for that reason. Fits the '90's' clue by the poster a page or two back. I don't think he's still ill either.

In terms of the '90's' headliner,

Pearl Jam

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Radiohead (unlikely)

Madonna

Prince

Blur

Depeche Mode

The Verve (even more unlikely)

Portishead

Guns n Roses

Was it a tweet that said it? I haven't seen it but im just listing potentials. It's got to be someone of the aboves status, hasn't it?

In terms of the '90's' headliner,

Pearl Jam

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Radiohead (unlikely)

Madonna

Prince

Blur

Depeche Mode

The Verve (even more unlikely)

Portishead

Guns n Roses

Was it a tweet that said it? I haven't seen it but im just listing potentials. It's got to be someone of the aboves status, hasn't it?

None of those. Most are too big and the others aren't touring or are elsewhere.

It was a user that said it a page or two back. Wouldn't take long to find on this thread.