Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

Well if Muse are the last Lollapalooza Berlin headliner (& let's be honest, they will be) then they can only be headlining Bestival on the Friday. Hopefully that means the Sunday headliner is still to come.

ah i didn't know Duran Duran had the Friday down in their tour schedule. great! Muse subbed by Duran Duran will be a pretty amazing end to the first night. judging by this news and the lineup thus far it seems like Bestival might be back to it's best (although i won't speak too soon as this final headliner could still end up being somebody ridiculous getting a bump up)

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's wait for official confirmation from either Bestival or Lollapalooza, but if Muse are on the Friday then it's still looking good for Kylie on the Sunday, especially if Muse aren't charging their usual fee which, let's face it, they can't be otherwise Besti wouldn't be able to afford them.

Well let's wait for official confirmation from either Bestival or Lollapalooza, but if Muse are on the Friday then it's still looking good for Kylie on the Sunday, especially if Muse aren't charging their usual fee which, let's face it, they can't be otherwise Besti wouldn't be able to afford them.

I'd imagine out of most Festivals, what would appeal to Muse is that the Da Bank's are quite big on the creative aspect...maybe they agreed the lower fee so they can so something special with their stage set up!

That would look fantastic as headliners wouldn't it? Muse, Chem Bros and Kylie covering all the main bases apart from hip hop :P

Edited by LondonTom

now hoping that if RDB is willing to book Muse, a pretty un-Bestival act, to headline then maybe he's actually gone ahead and booked Brand New to play as well who are in the UK around that time

I've currently got 2 Brand New tickets for Manchester on the Thursday of Bestival (I bought them as I didn't realise it was the same time). If they wind up at Bestival I can sell them without the guilt of missing them :D

This is what's confusing me: the first lineup announcement was made on 12 Feb, and on that same morning Rob replied to a regular saying that Duran were playing on the Friday.

So why did Duran then tweet this on 7 April?:

"Update: @duranduran now performing on the Friday night (Sept 11th) of @Bestival, not the Saturday (12th)"

It suggests that something about their booking changed last month.

If Duran have been bumped up, then presumably that's because Muse are really expensive. Although Duran, Chems and Muse is a strong set of headliners, let's hope Muse are doing the Friday, leaving Sunday free for, erm, Kylie.

Elton John's even bigger than Stevie Wonder. He's the fifth biggest seller of all time, according to Wikipedia, behind the Beatles, Elvis, Michael Jackson and Madonna.

But they're all well-established stadium fillers.

This is what's confusing me: the first lineup announcement was made on 12 Feb, and on that same morning Rob replied to a regular saying that Duran were playing on the Friday.

So why did Duran then tweet this on 7 April?:

"Update: @duranduran now performing on the Friday night (Sept 11th) of @Bestival, not the Saturday (12th)"

It suggests that something about their booking changed last month.

If Duran have been bumped up, then presumably that's because Muse are really expensive. Although Duran, Chems and Muse is a strong set of headliners, let's hope Muse are doing the Friday, leaving Sunday free for, erm, Kylie.

Well if we assume Muse are headlining Lollapalooza Berlin based on the fact they've been rumoured for it for ages, they don't have any other Euro tour dates in Sep & I can't see Bestival being worth it as a stand alone event... That means that Muse can only headline Friday at Bestival as their Lollapolooza date is the Sunday of Bestival.

So unless Duran Duran have been moved to the Sunday night, they won't be the headliner...

On the basis that:

1. They're friends of Bestival;

2. Last time they appeared, it was headlining the Big Top;

3. A cheap option to balance the books;

4. They're headlining Lollapalooza Berlin on the Saturday.

5. They're more of a pop act than a dance act, so would balance the other two headliners well.

It would be personally disappointing for me, because I don't like them.

On the basis that:

1. They're friends of Bestival;

2. Last time they appeared, it was headlining the Big Top;

3. A cheap option to balance the books;

4. They're headlining Lollapalooza Berlin on the Saturday.

5. They're more of a pop act than a dance act, so would balance the other two headliners well.

It would be personally disappointing for me, because I don't like them.

I really don't see why you would speculate as to how it could be a band who are too small to do it based on no actual information whatsoever, and then say how disappointed you would would be if they did it (even though you're the only person bringing it up).