Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duran Duran aren;'t even headlining! that;s a shock

yeah, it's good. actually it's very good, but it's missing a certain something for me - think the remaining headliners will be the decider

Underworld on the Thursday is gonna be rammed! will have to get there well early if you want a chance of getting in that tent

any word of whether Chemical Bros are the 'big' headliner? i know last year RDB confirmed that Outkast were pretty early on (i think after somebody asked him). i doubt they will be, mind. expect a big'un on the Sunday

does Jamie XX playing live rule out The xx? can't see it being a problem him doing two sets. still hoping Kylie will be on the Sunday (subbed by Duran Duran)

Really pleased with that, Underworld will be absolutely RAMMED.

Who do we reckon for the Friday and Sunday headliners then? I would have still hedged my bets on the XX if Jamie xx wasn't playing live.

Too soon to start the annual Prince suggestion?

I'd still guess Kylie. It makes sense holding her back as she has the Hyde Park gig to shift tickets for first.

I imagine RDB goes after Prince every year, but who knows.

Jamie xx has a new album and live show to do, if it was a DJ set I would think there was more of a chance but I think he is trying to strike out and get a name as a solo artist this year, I think his live show would get lost amongst everything if the xx also played.

yeah good point! well i'm stumped as to who the Friday headliner could be! although i expect it'll be an 'indie band' of sorts if Chems are one day and Kylie (just going with that) is another

Last announced headliner will probably be some party thing like Ronson to follow on from Chic and Fatboy in years gone by. Not sure on the other one but I'm feeling it will be something guitar based.

Also just noticed the 24hr free haircuts. Is that real? Is that always a thing? That's £6.50 of value off a ticket right there.

yeah good point! well i'm stumped as to who the Friday headliner could be! although i expect it'll be an 'indie band' of sorts if Chems are one day and Kylie (just going with that) is another

Two Door Cinema Club or The Vaccines possibly?

I don't want it to be either of those, but it would make sense if Kylie is the Sunday headliner.

Last announced headliner will probably be some party thing like Ronson to follow on from Chic and Fatboy in years gone by. Not sure on the other one but I'm feeling it will be something guitar based.

Also just noticed the 24hr free haircuts. Is that real? Is that always a thing? That's £6.50 of value off a ticket right there.

fucking hell i hope you're wrong about that Ronson thing. that would be shite

free haircuts!? sounds good, but fuck spending hours of your festival waiting in line for a haircut

Two Door Cinema Club or The Vaccines possibly?

I don't want it to be either of those, but it would make sense if Kylie is the Sunday headliner.

although these would also be equally shite. Vaccines are headlining Liverpool Sound City which is tiny compared to Bestival, so i don't really see it... and i just hope to god it isn't TDCC. still can't see Bestival booking them, personally. just doesn't seem right

Edited by FloorFiller

fucking hell i hope you're wrong about that Ronson thing. that would be shite

free haircuts!? sounds good, but fuck spending hours of your festival waiting in line for a haircut

although these would also be equally shite. Vaccines are headlining Liverpool Sound City which is tiny compared to Bestival, so i don't really see it... and i just hope to god it isn't TDCC. still can't see Bestival booking them, personally. just doesn't seem right

Equally shite? Dawggggg.

Two Door have been booked to sub before haven't they? Don't think that's a stretch. The Vaccines doing Sound City probably won't affect on their other festival slots so I'd be surprised if it affected Bestival either. The Vaccines would be far preferable for me but I could see Two Door being booked more than them.

Ronson just seems the most obvious one at this point in time for that thing. Could be someone else but I do think it'll be a headliner like those Fatboy Slim and Chic ones for sure.

they'd all be headliners that i'd have zero interest in. the only way the Ronson thing would gain my interest is if he has a truckload of guests with him, but he's not gonna bring along Bruno Mars and Stevie Wonder, is he? Tame Impala being there bodes well for an appearance by him though, for sure

subbing and headlining are very different though - a few festivals have acts subbing / lower down the lineup who, when risen to the ranks of headliner, they wouldn't rebook. i can't see either The Vaccines or TDCC headlining at all. far too Reading-baite. Two Door Cinema Club, Chemical Brothers and Ronson would be an awful set of headliners. i definitely think a huge act will fill one of the spots, like there's been in the past few years