Bestival 2015

Muppetmark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there isn't alot to randomly guess at yet :P Plus no one cares that much until the other festivals are known about and his forum always seems a bit slower anyway.

Hoping its a decent line up again this year, I wouldn't be opposed to going again but not entirely sure who I want Rob Da Bank to get.

Normally by now we'd have loads of rumours or at least a good guessing game. But after 11 Bestivals with no headliner ever repeated, it's just getting too hard to predict.

Mark Ronson and Kylie (well, one or the other, not both) have to be in the running though. And Portishead perhaps.

If the Maccabees album does really well I could see them being the act making a step up to Headliner at a push, they tend to have a pricey headliner, a new headliner and a cop out headliner don't they? At least it has felt that way for me over the last few years - could see Maccabees, Underworld and a big hip hop name perhaps?

Underworld headlined in 2008, so they're unlikely to be a main stage headliner again.

I suppose Maccabees are on a similar level to Foals, perhaps. But aren't they a bit landfill indie for Bestival? They last played in 2011, on the main stage in the afternoon, before Robyn and Björk.

definitely don't think The Maccabees would be considered big enough, even if their new album does do well. sub maybe but headlining seems a bit much (although Bestival has had some questionable headliners over the past couple of years so i'd rather a new act getting the bump up like Maccabees rather than an oldie weirdly getting pushed up like Fatboy Slim and Chic)

surely Mark Ronson wouldn't be big enough to headline? i mean, he's getting pretty successful, but more than half of his act is his special guests, most of which wouldn't appear with him

I don't think there is too much difference in terms of being considered landfill indie between The Maccabees and Foals - although I think Foals are certainly the bigger act, but they went from playing sub on the Other Stage to headlining Bestival so the step can be made. I hadn't realised that the Underworld had played in the past, before my time attending the festival so slipped my mind a touch.

I guess if Kylie was going to be available it would be exactly the sort of act Rob da Bank would book for the Sunday isn't it? I won't be going this year but I'm always interested in seeing where the festival is heading having gone 5 years on the bounce.

If Alt-J don't do Latitude they'll probably headline, but I can't see them not doing Latitude as it is. Would The Vaccines be unwelcome? Also I remember a lot of people suggesting The xx could headline on their comeback. I think that's in the works.

If a big hip hop act headlines then it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to offer a first big headline to Frank Ocean or Kendrick Lamar. Drake would be a lot safer (and boring) though.

Kylie's a good shout but I think someone mentioned her doing Hyde Park somewhere so that probably puts that into doubt. Mark Ronson with a deluge of guests would probably be the sort of thing RDB would go for despite not seeming quite big enough.

The xx is a great shout actually. always thought they'd get the bump up come the next album. Bestival's facebook posted a picture of their 2012 set not long ago; could've been a subtle hint

i'd love Drake but not sure if he's the kind of act the festival would go for (ridiculously expensive too i bet). giving Kendrick the leg up would be a smart move i reckon. not QUITE headliner status but on the rise enough for people to buy tickets to see him

hopefully there won't be any dud headliners like there have been the past two years - back to the glory days of 2011/2012's lineups please. they were bloody brilliant

Edited by FloorFiller

I hadn't even considered The xx either to be honest but that would make a lot of sense if they get a new album released beforehand. If the Black Keys don't pop up as a headliner somewhere could they be in with a shout?

I still can't get my head around The Vaccines popularity, I understand that they're quite popular and I can't find any tangible reason why? I am sure it's just me but I can't even begin to think about a world where they are considered as a perfectly reasonable band to be a sub-Headliner at a festival like Glastonbury or Reading?

I think the thing with Bestival which is so good is that Rob da Bank and his team do tend to put a lot of thought into the curation of the overall festival, Fatboy Slim and Chic headlining debacle aside of course. I think it's one of those festivals where they try to trade on the entire experience and move peoples focus away from the traditional view of the headliner as the keystone to the entire event - it's to be applauded really - but it can make for some head scratching from people who haven't ever been before.

The XX coming back with a new album is definitely in the works as far as I'm aware, I think there's a few acts that'll have a big chance of being there, Aphex Twin, Mark Ronson, Run the Jewels but they all seem obvious, wouldn't be surprised to see Bjork headlining this year

I would have said Bjork but she headlined in 2011, I know this because I was so drunk I missed her and I continue to kick myself for it to this day

Didn't miss alot - refused to be video'd and played very little that anyone knew. Best bit was when the chinese lantern landed on stage and needed to be extinguished