Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Something seems strange in regards to the house & techno DJ's does anyone else agree? The Silver Hayes line up there's just a humungous amount missing. I think i can maybe count about 10 acts (if that) on the poster that are established house & techno DJ's. The last few years have been really well done so i just can't see it not all coming together. I mean even Seth Troxler who plays about 5 times and has done for the last 5 years is missing. Just something doesn't seem right. What my theory is (it may turn out to be utter crap) but is there a chance that they are now gonna have all these sorts just in the south east corner?? Could be the case more of those venues are gonna be on during the day. Or it could be the case it just is what it is and everything i think is nonsense haha. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Could be the case more of those venues are gonna be on during the day. Or it could be the case it just is what it is and everything i think is nonsense haha. 

Hoping the former, probably the latter

I've just been looking at the acts for Carl Cox's last season at Space. Apart from Carl Cox himself and maybe a couple others none of them are at Glastonbury specifically the dance area (Silver Hayes) . Now that covers a huge amount of electronic music. Very strange indeed.

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

In fairness, last year they had a similar mix of names for Silver Hayes, don't think there is any noticeable reduction in larger name DJ's if I'm honest.

I think in terms of house and techno it is. This year i see Maceo Plex, Julio Bashmore, Eats Everything, Feel My Bicep (who all played last year too) then i struggle. Quick glance at last year i see Ben UFO, a whole host from Circoloco, Jackmaster, Seth Troxler, Damien Lazarus, Prosumer, SiriusModeselektor, Leftfield, Jamie Jones. Theres none of that this year (so far). 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Awakenings Festival is on over Glastonbury weekend. I think that drops the amount of techno significantly

Maceo Plex is managing both. Ben Klock & Dettmann pulled it off one year. Of course it does have a BIG affect but it is doable for both to be done.

Edited by TaylorT

15 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

I think in terms of house and techno it is. This year i see Maceo Plex, Julio Bashmore, Eats Everything, Feel My Bicep (who all played last year too) then i struggle. Quick glance at last year i see Ben UFO, a whole host from Circoloco, Jackmaster, Seth Troxler, Damien Lazarus, Prosumer, SiriusModeselektor, Leftfield, Jamie Jones. Theres none of that this year (so far). 

I think they're just tailoring to slightly different tastes, JESUS and the Circoloco things I think skew the overall level of the names they had in there, then if they go for different sorts of Boat Parties, well there's another potential 15 DJ's - over the last 12 months there has been a shift towards UKG and bass music too, think they would be daft to not have that represented, could argue some of these aren't house or techno but they certainly play either or of the genres in their sets - Annie Mac, Barely Legal, Blonde, Claptone, Eats Everything, Fatima Yamaha, Bicep, Four Tet, Leon Vynehall, Maceo Plex, Maribou State, Monki, Moxie, My Nu Leng, Oneman, PBR Streetgang, Redlight, Tensnake, Will Saul - so I don't buy that they're missing huge numbers of DJ's - there will be tons of techno on around the site over the weekend, and in much better venues.

On 4/28/2016 at 1:30 PM, TaylorT said:

I've just been looking at the acts for Carl Cox's last season at Space. Apart from Carl Cox himself and maybe a couple others none of them are at Glastonbury specifically the dance area (Silver Hayes) . Now that covers a huge amount of electronic music. Very strange indeed.

Yes, as usual no progressive house, trance (and I mean the good stuff npt EDM) or that sort of thing. There hasn't been much of it since about 2003, even though it probably still the a huge genre globally.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, chippi11 said:

Perc and Truss, Sunil Sharpe, Ben UFO, Midland, Palms Trax Job Jobse should all be nice in the temple

Certainly took a good turn with this lot added yesterday. Perc & Truss thats a bit of a coup.

1 minute ago, willsnewman said:

@Mezhyp1 get tickets to Auntie Flo? I unfortunately didn't... :( oh well guess I have to catch him at Glastonbury now!

Nothing here either :mellow: not going to be able to miss him at Glastonbury now, which isn't a bad thing at all mind you 

Heard this on the radio the other night, I've liked Kölsch last two records he's out, I'm liking the sound of this too

• Upvote 1

On 30 April 2016 at 0:17 PM, rubenz said:

Was just amount to post that very tune - you beat me to it! Blush would be a definite festival banger

You know what? That would be flipping' ace at Arcadia. I can just see myself right under the belly of the spider and slightly off my tits to this...I wonder if he'll do more than just The Common. Guess not. Will have to plan things quite carefully to make sure I get to that b2b set...

Ben

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You know what? That would be flipping' ace at Arcadia. I can just see myself right under the belly of the spider and slightly off my tits to this...I wonder if he'll do more than just The Common. Guess not. Will have to plan things quite carefully to make sure I get to that b2b set...

Ben

He's playing The Temple, Beat Hotel and the Downlow, il be trying to catch at least 2 of they sets :)