Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

He's playing The Temple, Beat Hotel and the Downlow, il be trying to catch at least 2 of they sets :)

How do you know that already, Mez? God you're good!

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

DON'T MISS MIDLAND IN NYC DOWNLOW. DO IT FOR ME, BENNY.

Never managed to get to NYCD last year, Tuna as I always thought of it as a bit cheesy house/disco for me, based on videos from online etc. However, this sounds pretty bloody unmissable...so count me in.

I take it you have every frickin' IT device primed and ready for the SR, old pal? Come on, we have to get you there. PM me your reg info, just in case I happen to be in a position to jump onto the booking page if it all goes off...

Ben

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I pestered him enough on Twitter that he made it known to me that's where he'd be playing, which is nothing short of fantastic if you ask me 

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Never managed to get to NYCD last year, Tuna as I always thought of it as a bit cheesy house/disco for me, based on videos from online etc. However, this sounds pretty bloody unmissable...so count me in.

I take it you have every frickin' IT device primed and ready for the SR, old pal? Come on, we have to get you there. PM me your reg info, just in case I happen to be in a position to jump onto the booking page if it all goes off...

Ben

You get some really tasteful house in NYC, really good, don't knock it til you try it. E.g. first thing I saw there was Kerri Chandler playing a blinder.

Decided to give it a miss this year actually. Quite possibly my last free summer after graduation so gonna go see the world or something.

Sorry to be a broken record, folks, but I'm listening to the live version of FloPo's Kuiper again and I think that his/their set might be the thing I'm most excited about at Glastonbury.

So I had to tell you.

Again.

Oh, and no-one puts this thread (in the corner) on page 3...

:)

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry to be a broken record, folks, but I'm listening to the live version of FloPo's Kuiper again and I think that his/their set might be the thing I'm most excited about at Glastonbury.

So I had to tell you.

Again.

Oh, and no-one puts this thread (in the corner) on page 3...

:)

Ben

I haven't watched/listened to it yet because I know I will love it and I absolutely will not miss him at Glastonbury.

I'm not a huge James Blake fan (from what I've listened to) which seems odd as the majority of people I know who like the same kind of music as me are a fan. Just not ma jam. I'd rather a sunset FP into Sigur Ros or something. Don't know if that's a possibility at all... 

Also Auntie Flo is only a DJ set at Glastonbury sadly.

4 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

I'm not a huge James Blake fan (from what I've listened to) which seems odd as the majority of people I know who like the same kind of music as me are a fan. Just not ma jam. I'd rather a sunset FP into Sigur Ros or something. Don't know if that's a possibility at all... 

Also Auntie Flo is only a DJ set at Glastonbury sadly.

Im a big fan of Jim B, always have been 

Have you seen they've started announcing the Sub Club Soundsystem weekend at BAad line up? So far Mano Le Tough, AMÊ, Tale of Us and Roman Flugel b2b Joy Orbison have been announced for sat with loads more to come 

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Im a big fan of Jim B, always have been 

Have you seen they've started announcing the Sub Club Soundsystem weekend at BAad line up? So far Mano Le Tough, AMÊ, Tale of Us and Roman Flugel b2b Joy Orbison have been announced for sat with loads more to come 

Yahhh super keen. I have somehow managed to see none of them before so I'm going to get myself involved.

17 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Yahhh super keen. I have somehow managed to see none of them before so I'm going to get myself involved.

That's over both nights btw read it wrong the first time, but still great value 

Il be going to both anyway at that rate that's for sure. Joy with Roman could be really special 

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

George Fitzgerald has some new stuff out. I am liking it.

He is on my to see list soon.

I saw he was releasing some new stuff tomorrow, I take it it's now 'available' 

I saw I'm at subclub between Christmas and New Year and I was really really impressed 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I saw he was releasing some new stuff tomorrow, I take it it's now 'available' 

I saw I'm at subclub between Christmas and New Year and I was really really impressed 

Good to know his sets get good reviews. I like his radio one show... currently on now. Caught the first half hour and will listen to the rest one day on the bus in the week. 

I rarely listen to the radio, but his show is worth a listen

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Good to know his sets get good reviews. I like his radio one show... currently on now. Caught the first half hour and will listen to the rest one day on the bus in the week. 

I rarely listen to the radio, but his show is worth a listen

His version of Colt - Dense and Pika is really quite something in person, it's a great listen you'll get it on all the usual media outlets 

He's definitely good value live from my personal experience 

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

He just posted a studio version on his soundcloud 

10 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

His version of Colt - Dense and Pika is really quite something in person, it's a great listen you'll get it on all the usual media outlets 

He's definitely good value live from my personal experience 

There's something quite wonderful about that Jon Hopkins remix of Open Eye Signal.  The way he deconstructs the track is a masterclass in remixing.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's something quite wonderful about that Jon Hopkins remix of Open Eye Signal.  The way he deconstructs the track is a masterclass in remixing.

Seen George Fitzgerald a few times, can be hit and miss but when he hits he's quality.  Followed Bonobo at Tobacco Docks in March with an awesome set.

Also love his stuff on record, you're right on his Open Eye Signal remix and Full Circle is probably my favourite track of the past year.

7 hours ago, eviepeach said:

George Fitzgerald's album was one of my most played last year. Saw him at the Beat Hotel and throughly enjoyed his set. Will definitely be looking out for his new stuff. He hasn't confirmed for this year, has he?

Same, same, and same.

Saw him a few weeks ago in Brooklyn and he played a killer set from 1-5. Chatted with him a bit afterwards - really nice dude - and he made it seem like he would be there this year.