Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would really start my GF2016 electronic journey beautifully - a couple of hours of solid acid-techno!

BUT...just how rammed are we thinking it will be?

Ben

It certainly won't be rammed to JESuS levels anyway, I'm sure that collection of bristolian DJs playing on The Blues will be a popular choice for many 

56 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Four Tet is playing live for the BBC R1 Essential Mix on Friday in WOW

annie mac and four tet in that tent is going to be a ridiculous roadblock. Shame, will venture elsewhere.

oh yeah it will be about 12-3am that, probably one hour each mac, tet and kowton. If Kowton is last that could be a nice hour as it will get less busy after four tet.

Paranoid London are also playing spaceport in Glade at some point so if WOW is silly on thursday can see them there.

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, Memory Man said:

annie mac and four tet in that tent is going to be a ridiculous roadblock. Shame, will venture elsewhere.

Four Tet has disappointed me the last few times I've seen him. I can't see myself going out of my way to see him at Glastonbury, especially being in WoW.

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

i saw him DJ at a small club in Leeds recently and he was amazing, it was a very plastic people type set with genres all over the shop. I don't think he would play like that live on radio 1 to a huge audience tho.

The best time I saw him was when he did Plastic People a few weeks before it closed.

I'm guessing you're referring to him playing at Wire? I was also there!

27 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Four Tet has disappointed me the last few times I've seen him. I can't see myself going out of my way to see him at Glastonbury, especially being in WoW.

Jesus, I saw him in Subclub and it was absolutely crazy stuff 

26 minutes ago, Cieran said:

The best time I saw him was when he did Plastic People a few weeks before it closed.

yes :D i loved it. I went into it not really knowing what to expect but he was incredible. Pearson played a right warm up as well tho!

I wouldn't say his selections were obvious mainly, loved a bit of zed bias neighbourhood tease lol

at least he didnt play his bloody eriz prydz remix <_<

Edited by Memory Man

25 minutes ago, Cieran said:

Ah didn't see this set come up. Saw him at Canal Mills a couple of years back and he was really disappointing then I thought. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Ah didn't see this set come up. Saw him at Canal Mills a couple of years back and he was really disappointing then I thought. 

i was at this and agree altho it was b2b with caribou. wasnt a great event that overall it was far too busy.

i think we're getting the trend that four tet DJ in a small club is amazing but in a big space much less so. I can go along with that.

On 21/05/2016 at 3:40 PM, Cieran said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1713928662195735/

Back To Basics have announced they'll having the Spaceport from 5pm Thursday according to their Facebook event. It also states on the event times that they'll have until close. (3AM) 

that makes sense as they've got 5 DJs billed so 5 x 2hr sets would fill the 10 hours.

I wonder if they actually have any special guests or are just hoping to talk someone they know on site into making an appearance on the day.... still a nice set from Ralph would go down well for me!

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

fair do's. 1 hour set is also a piss take for someone like four tet. and the less said about annie mac the better.

Yep il be giving that Four Tet set a miss, he's said he will be playing a couple of times over the weekend so il catch him elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

that makes sense as they've got 5 DJs billed so 5 x 2hr sets would fill the 10 hours.

I wonder if they actually have any special guests or are just hoping to talk someone they know on site into making an appearance on the day.... still a nice set from Ralph would go down well for me!

Brawther and Tristan Da Cunha are already at Glastonbury. I'm surprised they're not billed on the BTB takeover!

Edited by Cieran

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Arcadia Friday ... bloody hell.

Coxy, ALAN FITPATRICK, Eats Everything.

Its like they said "who do you want on?" And did it.

Now where is Prydz?

Friday night is going to be so busy, I'm desperately hoping LCD are Friday, so it's a short walk from the other stage to the under belly of that spider, fucking get in

Daniel Avery could be one of the electronic sets of the weekend, no danger 

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I presumed coxy would be later in the glade... he might not be now.

Sigur Ros park headliner please then I can leg it to Arcadia.

Best news going this announcement

Oh yes oh yes!!

You'd have to think he'll be the same time as al the other headlines with Dub Pistols being the last act, would definitely counter the crowd problems anyway