Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

22 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Anyone seen Fort Romeau play?  Secrets and Lies has got to be mt favourite (progressive house?) track of the past year or so...

Yep, a house set and a disco one. Really really good. You familiar with his Kingdoms LP? Really solid.

23 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Anyone seen Fort Romeau play?  Secrets and Lies has got to be mt favourite (progressive house?) track of the past year or so...

Missed his subclub appearance on Saturday sadly, but been really enjoying him lately. Would be happy if he showed up. Beat Hotel?

On 5/25/2016 at 9:24 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

Henry Siaz playing live with a drummer could definitely be interesting

You may have already, but you should check out Richy Ahmed whos playing The Spaceport 

i love this remix of Tutti Frutti.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:17 PM, JanieM28 said:

I can highly recommend the Stereo MCs! They've been around for years but spend a lot of their time these days working on mixes for other bands. Saw them for the fourth time a few weeks ago in Bristol and they can still kill it!

This is probably their most well-known song, but when we saw them in Bristol, it was even more outstanding. And I'm old!

On 5/26/2016 at 0:02 AM, OBface said:

Me too. Stellar line up this year. Would be there myself if I hadn't committed to so much else this summer :( Winslow you must report back!

Going to suggest Black Madonna @ NYC Downlow as worth checking out. 

Thanks for the suggestions people. These are names I've been meaning to check out at some point so now I absolutely will. Currently staring out of the window at work wishing I was at Lost Village...

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Having snooped around at some photos and videos from The Lost Village, I can expect to hit full depression at experienced it when @Winslow Leach returns with rave reviews. I'm definitely going next year, and Glastonbury must hurry up

Feeling you on that one. I don't really know why I didn't go, or at least work it. This weekend is sloooow. And good news about Auntie Flo, Beat Hotel will be good stuff. Hopefully nothing amazing clashes...

24 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Feeling you on that one. I don't really know why I didn't go, or at least work it. This weekend is sloooow. And good news about Auntie Flo, Beat Hotel will be good stuff. Hopefully nothing amazing clashes...

Yep I've no explanation as to why I didn't go, mental really. Il be at The Beat Hotel regardless id imagine, I can't see there being anything unmissable about 5oclock on the Saturday 

18 minutes ago, your mother said:

Ooo thanks! How did you find that out? I assume that's the only one you've heard

Yep that's all I've heard, just through a friend of a friend that spoke to him recently, it's definitely right anyway I mailed him on Twitter to confirm and he did 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep that's all I've heard, just through a friend of a friend that spoke to him recently, it's definitely right anyway I mailed him on Twitter to confirm and he did 

Ah nice, top work! 

Yeah lost village really looked great, so many on there that I would've loved to have seen on the farm but not looking likely that they've been booked

I come bearing news of Lost Village. And the news is: it's sick mate. Really great little festival, pretty small but the stage design and the way they've dressed up and decorated the woods is terrific. They're mostly made up to look like abandoned log cabins or there's one that's an old chapel, but one of them is the same stage as the Glade and there's one that's a fairly standard festival type stage in a field. 

Friday night I saw Fatboy Slim in the Tent Formerly Know as the Glade (I wanted to see Ben UFO but my mates wanted to see FBS and I didn't want to be a killjoy. And to be fair, as much as he may be coasting on former glory these days, it was still a lot of fun and there's no better way to start the summer than bouncing around to Eat Sleep Rave Repeat), then caught the end of Bicep.

Saturday i watched Age of LUNA, Artwork's Disco set, Ben Pearce, Heidi and Floating Points, then on Sunday I saw Jimpong vs Danceman, Horse Meat Disco, Craig Charles, the beginning of Maribou State, then the end of Roman Flugel and all of DJ Koze.

Also spent a lot of time between sets at this really cool stage right in the corner of the festival, which wasn't on the lineup, didn't have any DJs I recognised and usually had a fairly small crowd but was playing some absolutely banging music all weekend. To be honest that was probably my favourite stage, and I'd be really interested to know who the DJs were. 

Highlights were probably Craig Charles, Koze, Artwork and whoever the guy on the mystery stage was who played a banging tech house set one night then a disco/house one the next night. 

Edited by Winslow Leach
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I come bearing news of Lost Village. And the news is: it's sick mate. Really great little festival, pretty small but the stage design and the way they've dressed up and decorated the woods is terrific. They're mostly made up to look like abandoned log cabins or there's one that's an old chapel, but one of them is the same stage as the Glade and there's one that's a fairly standard festival type stage in a field. 

Friday night I saw Fatboy Slim in the Tent Formerly Know as the Glade (I wanted to see Ben UFO but my mates wanted to see FBS and I didn't want to be a killjoy. And to be fair, as much as he may be coasting on former glory these days, it was still a lot of fun and there's no better way to start the summer than bouncing around to Eat Sleep Rave Repeat), then caught the end of Bicep.

Saturday i watched Age of LUNA, Artwork's Disco set, Ben Pearce, Heidi and Floating Points, then on Sunday I saw Jimpong vs Danceman, Horse Meat Disco, Craig Charles, the beginning of Maribou State, then the end of Roman Flugel and all of DJ Koze.

Also spent a lot of time between sets at this really cool stage right in the corner of the festival, which wasn't on the lineup, didn't have any DJs I recognised and usually had a fairly small crowd but was playing some absolutely banging music all weekend. To be honest that was probably my favourite stage, and I'd be really interested to know who the DJs were. 

Highlights were probably Craig Charles, Koze, Artwork and whoever the guy on the mystery stage was who played a banging tech house set one night then a disco/house one the next night. 

It's so definitely in my sights for next year, I've heard such tremendous things, glad you had a good time 

Artwork in London Underground is definitely a must see late night slot for me 

@Matt42 think someone called this one

BICEP OUTDOOR PARTY FT BICEP, LEON VYNEHALL, MAN POWER, PARK RANGER, MR SOLID GOLD

Again, Silver Hayes is to be avoided on Thursday - Eats Everything at 1:30-3am, Annie Mac and Monki in BBC Introducing... shame as Paranoid London 2-3 looks like a good shout too.

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

SATURDAY NIGHT STONEBRIDGE

For reference: 

DOLLOP PRESENTS: FLOATING POINTS, FOUR TET + BEN UFO (JUNGLE SET) 23:00-5:00  

SUPER HANS 20:00-21:00

Again, the Beat Hotel is the place to be... told you guys!

Edited by Tuna