Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Any Hot Since 82 fans here? Checking his Schedule, Sat 25th June is his only weekend day throughout the summer with no booking! I can just see him headlining Arcadia on Saturday night. fingers massively crossed! Any thoughts?

Edited by Nick S

On 5/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, sophlamb said:

Hello, looking for some tips and I think this is the right place to ask :)

I'm not big into dance music, but I do like a bit of a boogie - especially at a festival. The dancier stuff that I do tend do listen to is along the lines of Justice, Crystal Castles, Simian, CSS, Sleigh Bells, SBTRKT, Caribou, The XX etc, so I guess pretty electro-pop/indie/house kind of stuff. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a few acts that are on this year in places like The Common, Shangri-La, Block9, Silver Hayes etc that I might enjoy based on what I've said above. I feel like I always miss out on a lot of SE corner action because I don't really know any of the acts, but I'm sure there would be plenty on I'd love if I knew what to look out for!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

This might be of interest to you.

37 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hybrid live  for anyone wanting Trance

I don't think it is live. It's in the Spaceport, and they aren't touring their band at the moment. Hope I am wrong/ Also they are not that Trance anymore. They used to be a gorgeous blend of Breakbeat and progressive stuff but now more breaks/ tech house. Still good though. It seems Chris from Hybrid is djing in the lounge and then they both are doing spaceport which seems weird. 

If you want Trance Triston pumps proper psy out.

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It is Dubfires new live project, whilst it's something im not at all bothered about, it looks impressive for those that like it

This is true.  'Dubfire's Live Hybrid' is a different thing to the act 'Hybrid' playing live (with their own sound system.I think people are getting a little mixed up.

Edited by danbailey80

1 hour ago, Nick S said:

Any Hot Since 82 fans here? Checking his Schedule, Sat 25th June is his only weekend day throughout the summer with no booking! I can just see him headlining Arcadia on Saturday night. fingers massively crossed! Any thoughts?

Andy C is playing Arcadia on the Saturday so he'll be topping the bill, would be surprised if it isn't predominantly dnb that day

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Definitely worth a trip to the Spaceport for Richy Ahmed or Paranoid London, both great bookings 

Meanwhile, @willsnewman Auntie Flo is playing in the art school on June 18th, talk about a Glasto warm up

Saw that, I shall be there. Can't tell if it's live or not..?

2 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

Shame Pantha du Prince doesn't seem to be coming to Glasto this year...  Is anyone going to see him at the Jazz Cafe in Camden on 3rd June?  I am so tempted.

I also thought he may make an appearance, there is still a glimmer of hope. Very tempted to make the trip to London if I can. Just listening to his new album just now and it's very pretty :)

12 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Saw that, I shall be there. Can't tell if it's live or not..?

I also thought he may make an appearance, there is still a glimmer of hope. Very tempted to make the trip to London if I can. Just listening to his new album just now and it's very pretty :)

The wording was strange, I'm going to go with it isn't live, but I'm going to ask the question 

Bit of a mental day work wise, team, so apologies for not having caught up with people's Glade thoughts - a summary post would be great, ta!

Essentially I am both thrilled and terrified. The former as there's SO much on there, the latter as this Glastonbury is becoming more and more unmanageable with each announcement.

However, there is one thing to say...

...I FUCKING LOVE PLAID!

:)

Ben

On 21/05/2016 at 3:40 PM, Cieran said:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1713928662195735/

Back To Basics have announced they'll having the Spaceport from 5pm Thursday according to their Facebook event. It also states on the event times that they'll have until close. (3AM) 

Thought they were doing the Glade on Thursday. Wonder who's doing it instead then

16 minutes ago, MyTentOrYours said:

Get yourself down to the naughty corner, enjoy Roger Sanchez, thank me after 

What sort of selection is the s-man going to put down I wonder? Disco and classic house vibes would work for me. 

I used to like his tracks and remixes years ago but not kept up with what he tends to play nowadays.( although I imagine djs like the downlow as they can play pretty much what they want) 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rubenz said:

What sort of selection is the s-man going to put down I wonder? Disco and classic house vibes would work for me. 

I used to like his tracks and remixes years ago but not kept up with what he tends to play nowadays.( although I imagine djs like the downlow as they can play pretty much what they want) 

Yeah I agree! Freedom is the way in that area so im sure he will have something great up his sleeve!

49 minutes ago, rubenz said:

A classic house set would be excellent but I agree with MyTentOrYours I reckon he'll definitely have something great up his sleeve either way