Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 17 February 2016 at 11:08 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Sadly not, only a very small handful of my mates got tickets and I've decided to head to Sonar for a change instead, will be interesting to see what it's like with seemingly guaranteed sunshine and an apartment with a pool!

Fair play. Sonar looks solid, look forward to the hearing how it goes.

I might have to skip Glastonbury next year for a very good friend's 30th in Ibiza. Having read a bit about last season there not massively happy to :(

Saw Laurent Garnier again over the weekend and as always his set was incredible. This got me wondering, what are the chances of him playing Glastonbury, and has he ever done it before? I see he's playing a 7 hour set at Sonar a couple of weeks before so he is def around and wouldn't mind him doing a similar set down on the farm!

On 19/02/2016 at 10:13 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Everyone you look down on for their superficiality is probably far more complex and nuanced than you give them credit for.

some of them will be, many will not. The original point was about "the scene". There are a lot of people going to the nights i go to because of perceived coolness rather than a genuine love for the music, that is my opinion.

Thankfully there are a handful of nights out there for people with a genuine love for the music but you really have to dig deep for them.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Saw him djing in Subclub last night and it was one of the most euphoric things I've witnessed in a long time, superb 

I absolutely love his DJ sets, takes you on a real journey, from jazz to soul to grime to bangra, really looking forward to seeing him play for 7 hours at Sonar, although will no doubt be dipping in and out throughout the evening 

2 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I absolutely love his DJ sets, takes you on a real journey, from jazz to soul to grime to bangra, really looking forward to seeing him play for 7 hours at Sonar, although will no doubt be dipping in and out throughout the evening 

He even made What do you mean? By Justin Beiber sound absolutely banging last night, I had no clue what was happening when he dropped it but man it worked. The last half hour or so of serious jungle was epic 

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

He even made What do you mean? By Justin Beiber sound absolutely banging last night, I had no clue what was happening when he dropped it but man it worked. The last half hour or so of serious jungle was epic 

I remember him doing something similar with a Take That song when I saw him play about 10 years ago at Basics in Leeds.  

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Saw him djing in Subclub last night and it was one of the most euphoric things I've witnessed in a long time, superb 

You just made me very sad that I failed to get a ticket... Reckon he'll be back at Glastonbury this year after last year? Maybe just doing a small slot somewhere?

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah his DJ sets really are incredible. I reckon he'll definitely be doing at least a DJ set or two at Glastonbury, he seems to be there a lot. 

16 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

You just made me very sad that I failed to get a ticket... Reckon he'll be back at Glastonbury this year after last year? Maybe just doing a small slot somewhere?

I'd be happy with just DJ sets at Glastonbury, suppose there's always a chance he might bring the live show back, but really fantastic

Wouldn't bank on the live show but a DJ set seems pretty likely. Shouldn't be at Genosys (sp?) this year at least - man, that was naff last year. Really not my favourite stage. Also @Mezhyp1 he played that at Pitchfork Paris too, it was a really strange moment - it worked way better than it should have! I do worry that because Four Tet has earned this reputation of throwing a bit of everything in there that his sets get pretty samey. I mean, the amount of times I've seen him play Sweet Like Chocolate or Nina Simone -- don't get me wrong, the music is good -- but it's not the same the next time round, ya know?

3 hours ago, dondo said:

I remember him doing something similar with a Take That song when I saw him play about 10 years ago at Basics in Leeds.  

Realised was getting previous posts muddled up, I was referring to Laurent Garnier not Four Tet

10 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Saw Laurent Garnier again over the weekend and as always his set was incredible. This got me wondering, what are the chances of him playing Glastonbury, and has he ever done it before? I see he's playing a 7 hour set at Sonar a couple of weeks before so he is def around and wouldn't mind him doing a similar set down on the farm!

Yeah I've seen him at Glastonbury before I'm sure but could have been ages ago, hope he does play and isn't at awakenings like all the other techno djs 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Thats the first time I've ever seen him djing, but il definitely be returning to see him again so hopefully I don't feel the same 

Has Midlands essential mix graced any of your ears? It's a belter if you ask me, I look forward to seeing him on the farm

yeah had a good listen today. always prefer the mixes where they go 'off-piste' and right to the weird and wonderful corners of their record box. 

Edited by JC-Mo'Fucka