Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Just out of interest, who from this thread is going to Glastonbury? 

Yes indeedy.

Should we think about a 'Thread Set', trying to meet up for a perticular, indentified electronica/dance set that a significant number of us intend to go to?

Or is that a stupid idea? It might well be, actually... :)

Ben

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yes indeedy.

Should we think about a 'Thread Set', trying to meet up for a perticular, indentified electronica/dance set that a significant number of us intend to go to?

Or is that a stupid idea? It might well be, actually... :)

Ben

I like the thinkings of it Benjamin, given the condition a lot of this thread could be in, earlier in the weekend is probably better than late :P

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I like the thinkings of it Benjamin, given the condition a lot of this thread could be in, earlier in the weekend is probably better than late :P

Bloody lightweights! I'd like to think that I was reasonably mashed, certainly Thursday through Saturday nights, and I was still up for it on Sunday night, Mez!

Let's see how the line-up falls, and go for something.

I reckon a corker at 0300h on Friday/Saturday night might be bang on! I never have enough 'proper' dance partners who are really feeling it. Arcadia on Friday night last year was SO good - met a random, about 10-15 years young than me and spent three hours dancing, and sharing with, him!

It'll be fascinating to see what the threaders might each suggest as ThreadSetTM, once the line-up drops.

What would be your preferred venue for such a venture, Mez?

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bloody lightweights! I'd like to think that I was reasonably mashed, certainly Thursday through Saturday nights, and I was still up for it on Sunday night, Mez!

I reckon a corker at 0300h on Friday/Saturday night might be bang on! I never have enough 'proper' dance partners who are really feeling it. Arcadia on Friday night last year was SO good - met a random, about 10-15 years young than me and spent three hours dancing, and sharing with, him!

It'll be fascinating to see what the threaders might each suggest as ThreadSetTM, once the line-up drops.

Ben

NYC Downlow is the very small hours of the morning, either that or I agree with Arcadia is the right act is on, I'm really easy going, it's something I'm definitely up for 

Never went into NYCD last year (my first, if you remember). Just didn't want to queue. Went into London Underground, which was playing some utterly shite dubstep, so we left after failing to find any way to dance to that crappola!

Without any point of reference, other than online footage etc., would I find NYCD a bit...'cheesy'? - I tend always to gravitate to fairly minimalist, glitchy, beat-y, techno-ey, vocal-free stuff!

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Depends who's on, but I agree that Arcadia is probably the best bet. I danced with a few different people there in the pouring rain to Craig Charles in 2014. Because it's all out in the open, it's easy to find people.

8 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

I'd be keen. Especially as most of the group I go with aren't as keen on the electronic side of things, and tend to be in bed far too early for my dancin feet.

I can't look at your avatar, will, without a tinge of sadness, as I am resigned to the unwelcome likelihood that AnCo will not be at the farm this summer :(

Do you like the new record? I really do. It's not all perfect, but it's got some absolute belters on there and you can hear Panda Bear's increasing influence.

I still hold a slender hope that they will grace The Park in 2016, but it is very slender, given the number of times they are already committed to being in the UK this year...

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

I can't look at your avatar, will, without a tinge of sadness, as I am resigned to the unwelcome likelihood that AnCo will not be at the farm this summer :(

Do you like the new record? I really do. It's not all perfect, but it's got some absolute belters on there and you can hear Panda Bear's increasing influence.

I still hold a slender hope that they will grace The Park in 2016, but it is very slender, given the number of times they are already committed to being in the UK this year...

Ben

I forget that is my avatar..!

I haven't heard it yet! It is sitting right next to me as we speak as well. I bought it for my girlfriend for her birthday but she is lost in dissertation land for another week. We are eagerly waiting to listen to it together this weekend.

I'm also still holding on to a little hope that they might appear, it's about time really. We are both considering End of the Road this year as well. Joanna and AnCo are a combo we first bonded over so it would be special. Soppy me.

1 hour ago, willsnewman said:

I forget that is my avatar..!

I haven't heard it yet! It is sitting right next to me as we speak as well. I bought it for my girlfriend for her birthday but she is lost in dissertation land for another week. We are eagerly waiting to listen to it together this weekend.

I'm also still holding on to a little hope that they might appear, it's about time really. We are both considering End of the Road this year as well. Joanna and AnCo are a combo we first bonded over so it would be special. Soppy me.

Not soppy at all - just the sort of musical associations that rings true nto me. Sadly, Mrs Ben and I have musical Venn diagram circles that barely intersect!

Haven't been to EOTR for ages, and always look at the line up with some envy. But I'm a strictly one-festival-per-year person and, sadly, EOTR just doesn't tick the late night/all night box for me, fond of the festival though I am. Joanna was magical at EOTR in 2011. Even though I wouldn't really approve of that sort of thing, I was entirely tolerant of the decision to 'shut down' pretty much all other 'noise' whilst she played her headline set on the (then new) Woods Stage.

I'd be truly stoked if AnCo did make it to Glastonbury. They would be a perfect Park sub/headliner, I reckon. the new record is very poppy, and not a little MPP. Some of the tracks seem a little lacklustre at first, but grow on you. Lying in the Grass is very 'obvious', but that pop hook is infectious and makes you smile and sing in the way that the best hooks of Merriweather do.

Oh bugger - now I can't stop thinking about how much I want them at GF2016!!

:)

Ben