Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

25 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

So while we're on the subject: favourite areas of the SE corner?

I'll go for London Underground, Glasto Latino, Rum Shack, Copperdollar and Heaven.

Wheres Glasto Latino?

I'd go Rum Shack, Temple and Shangri Hell because they're the only ones I got into. Going to spend a night in Block 9 this year which looks great but very overcrowded.

Heaven was by far the worst. Shocking location and sound system.

Edited by EZYSEY

29 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

So while we're on the subject: favourite areas of the SE corner?

I'll go for London Underground, Glasto Latino, Rum Shack, Copperdollar and Heaven.

I had a walk round the SE corner in the day on the Thursday then after midnight Saturday. I saw some of what you mention above but not all of it (admittedly it was mostly Friday as I was stinkingly drunk Saturday) Need to make a better effort down there this year

NYC Downlow is generally my place to go, great djs, great vibe, love it. Hoping for Honey Soundsystem there, that would be a great booking!
Really hoping for some more techno this year though, trust the Glastonbury I don't attend to have Klock b2b Dettmann. Did anyone see Robert Hood last year? Was going to go, but really don't like Genosys much, saw some sights during Erol's 6am acid set to say the least.

Edit - Oh and Back of Beyond (Copperdollar) for some communal dancing round the tree! My mate queued for ages to get painted last year, to be fair it looked boss.

Edited by _daveyboy

28 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Wheres Glasto Latino?

I'd go Rum Shack, Temple and Shangri Hell because they're the only ones I got into. Going to spend a night in Block 9 this year which looks great but very overcrowded.

Heaven was by far the worst. Shocking location and sound system.

Have to say I really enjoyed Heaven when I was there but that may have been because of the... erm... good vibes...

15 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Have to say I really enjoyed Heaven when I was there but that may have been because of the... erm... good vibes...

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Drugs.  You mean drugs.  You were on drugs. You are a bad person and a criminal.

hahaha! Yeh when them vibes hit ya they hit ya hard.

As I get progressively drunker, I gravitate more towards the "weirder" parts of the SE corner like Copperdoller and the more interactive parts of Shangri La but you can't beat a bit of the Temple at the end of the night when the sun is up, the barriers are removed and the only people left look like extras from a horror movie.

I need to widen my SE corner horizons. Normally end up at NYC Downlow. 

Any tips for Friday night in London? Promised sensible month isn't going too well. Mano Le Tough @ Village Underground is looking the likely option. Missed the boat on Ben UFO @ Phonox. 

2 minutes ago, OBface said:

I need to widen my SE corner horizons. Normally end up at NYC Downlow. 

Any tips for Friday night in London? Promised sensible month isn't going too well. Mano Le Tough @ Village Underground is looking the likely option. Missed the boat on Ben UFO @ Phonox. 

I don't know London, but I do know that Mano Le Tough is absolutely fantastic

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You don't think they could be put in the Public Service Broadcasting slot, as a genuine Saturday night act to go against the 'main stage' options?

I think they'd fit that quite well. they've been around longer and have one album more, even if their star is not quite in the ascendency that PSB's was at this time last year...

Ben

to be honest there is no doubt that they could handle it but they are not big enough to be a headliner. PSB have a bit of mainstream appeal

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My only issue with glastonbury is the fact the after hours music is often too quiet in my opinion.

sadly you're right. Kon and cerrone were doing great things on Genosys until they turned it down, genosys in particular seemed pretty quiet last year when i was there which is a shame.

the downlow is where its at, also the WOW tent and beat hotel are usually fine. had my best night at gerd janson at WOW there was a criminally low number of people there!

i quite like the WOW and beat hotel combo as a totally different option to the SE corner as you can go between them or choose, rather than braving the hoards in the SE corner. plus they tend to have just as big names if not bigger.

Edited by Memory Man

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

to be honest there is no doubt that they could handle it but they are not big enough to be a headliner. PSB have a bit of mainstream appeal

It's almost as if they only have one album, at least one that would make sense in The Glade.

I'm really excited about this band. Never heard then before and can't imagine seeing them anywhere but The Glade already.

Listened to their latest album twice + all the remixes. Listened to their 2nd album a bit, but it's like a different band. Presumably the 1st album isn't Electronica either?

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Village underground is a great venue! Superstition is fantastic

you'l have a great night!

I went to a Kitsune night at VU in February but memory is a little hazy to say the least. Seem to remember liking it a lot though!

Great news about the volunteering Matt : )

54 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Yes, I'm sure you're right, especially with, as S2H says, only really one Gladeable album. Just would be amazing Saturday night headliner for me, in the dark, in the Glade, feeling euphoric and at the same time arrogantly superior to all the suckers with their 'phones in the air at Adele.

;)

Ben

2 hours ago, OBface said:

I went to a Kitsune night at VU in February but memory is a little hazy to say the least. Seem to remember liking it a lot though!

Great news about the volunteering Matt : )

Thanks so much!

its awful missing out on ticket day because you spend months actually fearing that you may not be going!

see you all in the raves!