Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

Does Glasto get many drum & bass acts in?

Last year, to name a few:

Spor, Andy C, Friction, Ed Solo, Roni Size, Sigma, Nicky Blackmarket, Wilkinson, Shy FX, Rene LaVice, DJ Hype, High Contrast, Fred V & Grafix, London Electricity, Fabio, Nutone, Logistics...

Yeah, there's drum and bass at Glastonbury

5 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Literally every single venue in shangri la is drum and bass. Everyone. Every single fucking one

This.

Went in early on the Friday to explore last year, while it was nice to get into each installation, it was very boring music wise. Well, apart from Shrinel Richie.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks so much!

its awful missing out on ticket day because you spend months actually fearing that you may not be going!

see you all in the raves!

What sort of work are you doing Matt? I may have a line on a hospitality ticket for myself now so may well end up at Glastonbury now, my wallet, body and mind would absolutely hate me for it though.

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Last year, to name a few:

Spor, Andy C, Friction, Ed Solo, Roni Size, Sigma, Nicky Blackmarket, Wilkinson, Shy FX, Rene LaVice, DJ Hype, High Contrast, Fred V & Grafix, London Electricity, Fabio, Nutone, Logistics...

Yeah, there's drum and bass at Glastonbury

Nicky Blackmarket played an old skool, 1992 rave set when I seen him in London Undergroud. Quality set as well.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Your wallet, body and mind are illusions. Only the rave is real.

The real issue is that I land from Sonar the day I would need to go to Glastonbury, then when I get back from Glastonbury I am off to Blissfields on the Thursday, then I have Last Shadow Puppets and Lovebox a couple of weeks later - my sensible head says it can't be done, my partying head says go for it.

9 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Literally every single venue in shangri la is drum and bass. Everyone. Every single fucking one

I enjoy Drum n Bass, but it loses it impact when it's everywhere. I don't particularly like Trance or Dubstep etc but would actually prefer to walk around hearing all sorts of dance genres. 

I think we mentioned this earlier in the thread (apologies for lazy-arsed non-checking), but do we expect The Field to make an appearance on the Farm this year.

I passed a very enjoyable hour and a half on his company very late one night at Green Man a few years ago, in a combination of music and other-induced mesmeric delight.

If he did play, where would be best? Wow would be good, I reckon, but there's always the issue that it's too small. I never saw anything in Sonic last year - I know there are the issues about sound being atrocious unless you're perfectly positioned, but presumably it's the biggest tenure in SH?

And then there is always the rather wonderful dream of a live Field set in Arcadia...B)

Ben

On 3/24/2016 at 9:15 AM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

What sort of work are you doing Matt? I may have a line on a hospitality ticket for myself now so may well end up at Glastonbury now, my wallet, body and mind would absolutely hate me for it though.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Oxfam Stewarding

Saw plenty of 'Oxfam Stewards' who'd obviously just finished their shifts in the late night areas so I have no worries my work will clash with anything!

I may be wrong about this, but I believe that being a 'non-punter' of any kind also gets you into the Block 9 backstage parties.

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was just coming here to find you

is that confirmed? 

Yeah. Glade facebook and twitter have confirmed it. Hopefully he is on Friday. I suspect he will be around for quite a bit though and I will be shocked b2b set with fatboy slim doesn't happen somewhere at some point.