Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

22 hours ago, joeruss said:

Dixon is no longer showing on the lineup, he was listed on the Gas Tower but nowhere to be found now unfortunately!

Looking into this further.. i have a theory, that people may or may not like: Perhaps Dixon is now the TBA on Arcadia that night? (instead of the rumoured Chemical Brothers).

It's the same day and around the same time as his Gas Tower set was meant to be.

Untitled.png.8dbd73ef24482b546feafc0347f8eaf9.png

9 minutes ago, thenickh said:

Looking into this further.. i have a theory, that people may or may not like: Perhaps Dixon is now the TBA on Arcadia that night? (instead of the rumoured Chemical Brothers).

It's the same day and around the same time as his Gas Tower set was meant to be.

I think I'd actually prefer that

1 hour ago, thenickh said:

Possible, but would be a shame as I think it was originally billed as a Transmoderna (AV) show. Don't think I could have made it anyway, just a shame to lose the AV side to it. 

Although when he was on the listed on the glasto site, I think it just said "Dixon" not "Dixon presents Transmoderna". So maybe the AV aspect was already on it's way off of the table.

57 minutes ago, thenickh said:

Quick question: if Palm Trax b2b Job Jobse finishes at 8:30pm on the Wow Stage, and Caribou starts at 8:30pm on West Holts... how early/what time are we gonna have to leave the Wow Stage to get there for the start of Caribou?

I reckon a 20 minute walk on a good day.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, joeruss said:

Dixon is no longer showing on the lineup, he was listed on the Gas Tower but nowhere to be found now unfortunately!

My mate noticed he didn’t have Glastonbury on his tour dates on an instagram post last week and raised the question. Also he was only playing an hour and 15 mins so probably decided it wasnt worth it (what a fool)

Really skeptical on Solomun turning up as well with his tour dates. I’ll just need to manage to stay in Shangri La till 4-6am on the Saturday to find out. Gonna be some shift that. 

26 minutes ago, nikkic said:

TSHA posted about her Boiler Room on Insta, seems she didn't enjoy doing the livestream.

She says something happened at Mixlab, anybody have any idea as to what it was? Seemed like a great set to me.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CedZ9OIICoc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

She did another live Boiler Room at Mixlab in 2019 i believe - not sure what happened there though, but i haven't watched it all the way through.

6 hours ago, thenickh said:

I've heard it from two different people (one of whom @JoeyT). They are playing a show on the sunday in yorkshire and are good friends of the festival - seems very unlikely they are out

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, thenickh said:

She did another live Boiler Room at Mixlab in 2019 i believe - not sure what happened there though, but i haven't watched it all the way through.

Okay it was this set for Mixmag in 'The Lab' (not Boiler Room) from 2021 that TSHA was referencing.. still unsure what happened as it's a decent set, however the comment section has been removed on this video, so maybe was something to do with that??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7ePskDBFM

10 hours ago, thenickh said:

Okay it was this set for Mixmag in 'The Lab' (not Boiler Room) from 2021 that TSHA was referencing.. still unsure what happened as it's a decent set, however the comment section has been removed on this video, so maybe was something to do with that??

Yeah I've seen this and thought it was great, that's why I was baffled by her comment.

Anyway she's ace, really top DJ.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:47 PM, Madyaker said:

Might have to go and see her

Has anyone got a list of similar DJs playing? I've not been able to trawl through the line up and I'm trying to build a bit of a night time plan as a guideline.

13 hours ago, thenickh said:

Oh this set, yeah it has to do with the internet & some reactions to what she was wearing.

Don't think I need to spell it out, but upon release think the comments got pretty vile. 

Anyone know much about what kind of stage Platform 23 is in Shangri-la? Most of it isn't my cup of tea but the Back To Mine takeover on Saturday looks like it could be fun and wondering if anyone has been before? Capacity/sound rig/busyness levels etc. Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, MarcoPolo said:

Anyone know much about what kind of stage Platform 23 is in Shangri-la? Most of it isn't my cup of tea but the Back To Mine takeover on Saturday looks like it could be fun and wondering if anyone has been before? Capacity/sound rig/busyness levels etc. Thanks in advance!

I think it might be a new one this year! But if I'm wrong would also be keen to find out what kind of vibe it is from those in the know

21 hours ago, TaylorT said:

Really skeptical on Solomun turning up as well with his tour dates. I’ll just need to manage to stay in Shangri La till 4-6am on the Saturday to find out. Gonna be some shift that. 

Me too very skeptical although I hope he does get his private jet from his Italy show in about 5 hours  just for 2 hours at 4am only to fly to Ibiza again a few hours later.

Never seen him but assume he would be amazing. Staying up to 6am presents its own challenges though especially after Thursday AND Friday's dance lineups!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcoPolo said:

It's definitely a new stage, AFAIK.

The named stages in Shangri-La have changed, so it's conceivably a refashioned version of a previous one, but there's never been a 'Platform 23' before.

I'm super excited, as one of my must-sees, Client_03 - 0300-0400h Friday is on there, so can't wait to see it.

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcoPolo said:

found this in the new app:

Screenshot_20220607-171918_Glastonbury.thumb.jpg.fdfe341846804c08bbe392ed06cc79a5.jpg