Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No, I mean on the official line-up page - it's so easy to miss artists if you look at the stage view, so if you're wondering about a specific act or looking to see how many sets a band are playing, the A-Z view is invaluable:

Ben
x

Picture1.png

Ah i didnt know about that! Thanks Ben!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks, @ravermum

I'm now constantly vacillating between JH/DA and FloPo in my mind. Argh. The former works really well because:

-I'll be at Macca, so easy to get up to San Remo
- I've never done night sets at BH/San Remo
- The timing works really well for me, as I'd go to Joy O and then Pangaea/Pariah after that
- If I go to FloPo I'll have a gap between him and Joy O, and I don't like to 'stop', once I'm raving!

Alternatively, 90 minutes of FloPo on IICON would be something pretty special! Argh!

Ben 

I'm in a similar position - I really want to see Overmono and Avalon Emerson up in Silver Hayes after Macca, but there's an annoying gap, and there's much more depth of stuff on in Shangri La, which obvs goes on later.  If I'm in SH and I don't like, or if I want to carry on after 3am (likely) then I'll have to traipse the full site, then back again to my campsite.  

Re: the gap between FloPo and Joy O, I'd say OK Williams will be well worth seeing, and Yung Sing is interesting

2 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

I'm in a similar position - I really want to see Overmono and Avalon Emerson up in Silver Hayes after Macca, but there's an annoying gap, and there's much more depth of stuff on in Shangri La, which obvs goes on later.  If I'm in SH and I don't like, or if I want to carry on after 3am (likely) then I'll have to traipse the full site, then back again to my campsite.  

Re: the gap between FloPo and Joy O, I'd say OK Williams will be well worth seeing, and Yung Sing is interesting

I don't mind the walk down to the SEC - I'm fine with that as I'm doing something - i.e. getting from San Remo to IICON, so it's like a continuation of what I'm doing. It's a 40 minutes gap between Flo Po and Joy Orbison I don't want! I'm afraid I'm just not going to be in to Shygirl (Live).

Ben

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's phenomenal. It 'suffered' a little in its first year by virtue of the crew fiercely sticking to their goal of booking acts they wanted, rather than easier bookings or big names. Result - often quite smallish crowds. This year the programming is striking a 'better' balance of them doing what they want to buy with a little more crossover with better known acts. It's should be incredible. 

The sound is excellent, and due to be stepped up again this year, and the visuals with the incredible video mapping all over the sculpture is off the scale good. 

Ben

I'm sold, sounds awesome, will have a browse through some of the artists on there but keen to see new stuff anyway. The dance and electronic selection this year is pretty incredible! 

11 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Isn't that just his b2b with Âme? Or is it written somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure Dixon was on the Junction 2 lineup so was hardly an exclusive before that was cancelled.

It is odd that he has disappeared from Shangri-La though 😕 

I'm hoping you're right! Hopefully Dixon b2b AME is the "UK festival exclusive" but as he fell off the lineup and saw the ad this late got a bad feeling he's dropped out for good

39 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

I'm hoping you're right! Hopefully Dixon b2b AME is the "UK festival exclusive" but as he fell off the lineup and saw the ad this late got a bad feeling he's dropped out for good

Him falling off the lineup really is an odd one, I'll give you that. Fingers crossed he's still around! 

I think my current thinking looks something like this. Albeit not taking into account what friends want to do. 

Bonobo -> Jon Hopkins -> Four Tet -> Overmono -> Client_03 -> Cinthie

Macca -> Floating Points -> Jamie Jones / Joy Orbison -> Warmduscher -> Solomun / Pangaea X Pariah

Bicep -> HAAi -> Job Jobse

Friday could very easily change due to the number of options and Park to IICON trek. Arcadia is a comically good backup option to have. 

Sunday is annoying - It seems a waste to not head down SEC from WH but not huge amounts on for me there. Maribou State could be good and I'm a bit worried San Remo will be incredibly busy. Could very easily just end up at Arcadia again and have a banging night. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m planning on a Saturday of 

Four Tet

Luke Una

Metronomy (maybe)

Tony Christie (legit could be the sing along of the festival)

Noel/Macca

into the Downlow for Todd Edwards

onto Icon for Joy O/Pangea b2b Parriah.

I guess the issue is your getting into NYCD after the headliners on a Saturday.

He's on for an hour and half, so hopefully, and I guess you might jump ship on Macca before the 14th round of La-La-La-La in Hey Jude...

Ben

As it stands:

Thursday
Giant Swan > something something something > Sedef Adasi (more people need to get on this - new Berghain resident and excellent...)

Friday
Fout Tet (Park) > Overmono (live) > Client_03 > Freakenstein*

*I would try to get into the Temple for the last half hour of FJAAK, but I can't see myself getting in at 4am on the Friday, tbh

Saturday
Jon Hopkins > Daniel Avery > Joy Orbison > Pangaea x Pariah (oooft - what a run)

Sunday
Bicep > Regan > Tristan > A-Future > Batu > tears at bedtime

Ben

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. How easy will it be getting to the gas tower at 1am on the Saturday? Do you think it’s best to leave quite a bit of time beforehand to make sure I can get in there? Not seen anybody at the tower before (I don’t think!) and I reckon Folamour will be very busy. Saw him in Stockholm last night and don’t wanna chance missing him after what I saw yesterday! 

As it stands:

Thursday
Giant Swan > something something something > Sedef Adasi (more people need to get on this - new Berghain resident and excellent...)

Friday

*I would try to get into the Temple for the last half hour of FJAAK, but I can't see myself getting in at 4am on the Friday, tbh

Saturday
Jon Hopkins > Daniel Avery > Joy Orbison > Pangaea x Pariah (oooft - what a run)

Sunday

Ben

Great tip on Sedef Adasi!

As it stands:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Ben

Heard their BoilerRoom, bit emotional for me. 

Yeah gonna be a nightmare getting into Downlow for Todd. I feel compelled to go.

Thursday looking like

Sherelle, Sasha, Jennifer Cardini, Skream garage set and Batu. Quite how that actually works out with the trekking and overlaps I don’t know.

Undecided on Overmono at Icon or Craig Richards Friday.

Sunday probably Icon/Genosys all night. 

17 hours ago, GmasterWomble said:

Just seen Dixon is being billed as UK festival exclusive at lost in the moment festival so think that might end his chances of being at the fest after being taken off the lineup. Gutted

Could he have been removed for exclusivity reasons and then will do a secret slot or whatever.

--

Here's my late night schedule (It would be amazing if someone could highlight how achievable this is - the people saying there will be a big queue for fjaak at 4am has me quite scared!)

thurs - eats everything history of rave / four tet ideally, can live without though i'm not queuing hours

fri - chems TBA arcadia 11-1am, overmono 1:30-2:30 iicon, fjaak 3-4:30 temple

sat - arcadia through till calvin finishes up at 2am then head elsewhere, very open to suggestions from all genres

sun - bicep ending at 23:15 on west holts, then prospa at 23:15-00:45 in temple (how much of prospa would i miss here?), stick around for rudimental potentially then head to partiboi69 2-4am gas tower

At the moment, this is how I imagine things could go 

Thursday 

Piri & Tommy > Yung Singh b2b Ahadadream > Talaboman

Friday

Little Simz > End of Midlands set > IICON AV show > Overmono > S.A.S.S.

Saturday

No Headliner NYC Early > Folamour > Potenially end of Roi Perez

Sunday

Two Shell for 30 mins > Kendrick > HAAI > Jobse > Partiboi 69 > Dead

Saturday is the biggest question mark, not sure if it's worth leaving the Downlow for Folamour as after him I don't have much else I'm crazy about & probably wouldn't be able to get back in the downlow for at least an hour I bet, even with re-entry system. Just think I could get bored spending the whole night in there.

Also Folamour could be rammed & I'll be seething in regret. 🙃

It's really stupid but I'm still looking at the TBA closer for Wow... It's the last glimmer of a dream of hope I've got for Fred Again (no I'm not letting this go apparently)

Edited by Acid Loafers

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Could he have been removed for exclusivity reasons and then will do a secret slot or whatever.

--

Here's my late night schedule (It would be amazing if someone could highlight how achievable this is - the people saying there will be a big queue for fjaak at 4am has me quite scared!)

thurs - eats everything history of rave / four tet ideally, can live without though i'm not queuing hours

fri - chems TBA arcadia 11-1am, overmono 1:30-2:30 iicon, fjaak 3-4:30 temple

sat - arcadia through till calvin finishes up at 2am then head elsewhere, very open to suggestions from all genres

sun - bicep ending at 23:15 on west holts, then prospa at 23:15-00:45 in temple (how much of prospa would i miss here?), stick around for rudimental potentially then head to partiboi69 2-4am gas tower

Thoughts on the ability to make overmono from chems?  Thinking of doing the same thing. 

49 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Also Folamour could be rammed & I'll be seething in regret. 🙃

It's really stupid but I'm still looking at the TBA closer for Wow... It's the last glimmer of a dream of hope I've got for Fred Again (no I'm not letting this go apparently)

i reckon folamor isn't gonna be rammed because a large part of his "gimme gimme gimme" clientele might well be at Calvin instead, but that's not a guarantee. either way he'll smash it, but if you're in downlow i do see your predicament, it's almost a sideways move

i think we both live in the Fred again/BUFO eternal hope so i feel your pain😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpdow2 said:

Thoughts on the ability to make overmono from chems?  Thinking of doing the same thing. 

I think distance wise its completely fine, but the SE corner queue will cause issues at that time.