Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, FLB said:

Yep noticed that also, does anyone have any idea if there will be big differences between the two music wise? Would prefer to see the Iicon set since it will likely have a better atmosphere and visuals, but the Sonic set might be easier to avoid clashes.

I doubt it. 

I saw them a few weeks back and it was very similar to this….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glasto19 said:

Floating Points on the IICON stage - is it likely to be live or a DJ set? Would love to see something similar to his Printworks set.

Can't decide on whether to see him or Daniel Avery at San Remo.

Just don't know. I'm gonna do Hopkins and Avery and if it's the techno I want, stay there before heading for the SEC. If it's more of a San Remo type of vibe, I'll go to FloPo. 

Ben

My mate was raving about Floating Points at Wide Awake the other week and I've never seen him so I think we're gonna go there. 

Plus I've dragged some mate's to two Daniel Avery sets at Beat Hotel in the last few years and they've never lasted very long 😂

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

My mate was raving about Floating Points at Wide Awake the other week and I've never seen him so I think we're gonna go there. 

Plus I've dragged some mate's to two Daniel Avery sets at Beat Hotel in the last few years and they've never lasted very long 😂

Oh man! NOW you've given me a dilemma!!

On 'normal' form, Hopkins into Avery is a dream. But, to their credit, BH/San Remo offer something different to typical SEC techno, so I have wondered if their sets there might not be what I am looking for. I'm kind of happy to to give it a go and see, but the obsessive in me doesn't want to waste dancing time with the yomp to IICON if it becomes obvious that it's not for me!!

Ben

36 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

On 'normal' form, Hopkins into Avery is a dream. But, to their credit, BH/San Remo offer something different to typical SEC techno, so I have wondered if their sets there might not be what I am looking for. I'm kind of happy to to give it a go and see, but the obsessive in me doesn't want to waste dancing time with the yomp to IICON if it becomes obvious that it's not for me!!

Ben

Seeing him on the IICON stage could be something special so I'm leaning towards that. Definitely a tough decision!

1 minute ago, Glasto19 said:

Seeing him on the IICON stage could be something special so I'm leaning towards that. Definitely a tough decision!

Agreed. I guess my thinking is that I'm seeing quite a bit on IICON over the weekend and I've never done any proper nighttime sets in BH/San Remo. And I've never seen Daniel Avery. Gah 😖!

Ben

38 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Sorry Ben, realise I worded my comment badly! 

I meant my friends never lasted long either time - I think both sets were Sunday night and they were just a bit techno'd out. I, on the other hand, was having a great time and you'd have a blast! 

Honestly, if I was on my own and had seen FP before I'd probably be heading to San Remo. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Sorry Ben, realise I worded my comment badly! 

I meant my friends never lasted long either time - I think both sets were Sunday night and they were just a bit techno'd out. I, on the other hand, was having a great time and you'd have a blast! 

Honestly, if I was on my own and had seen FP before I'd probably be heading to San Remo. 

No upvotes left, but thanks, @zeppelin!

Right, Plan A is back in play!

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agreed. I guess my thinking is that I'm seeing quite a bit on IICON over the weekend and I've never done any proper nighttime sets in BH/San Remo. And I've never seen Daniel Avery. Gah 😖!

Ben

Daniel Avery and Haai in the Beat Hotel last time was pretty banging from what I can recall. Must check out iicon properly as never seemed to be much on when I have passed by on previous occasions, is it worth checking out? 

5 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Daniel Avery and Haai in the Beat Hotel last time was pretty banging from what I can recall. Must check out iicon properly as never seemed to be much on when I have passed by on previous occasions, is it worth checking out? 

It's phenomenal. It 'suffered' a little in its first year by virtue of the crew fiercely sticking to their goal of booking acts they wanted, rather than easier bookings or big names. Result - often quite smallish crowds. This year the programming is striking a 'better' balance of them doing what they want to buy with a little more crossover with better known acts. It's should be incredible. 

The sound is excellent, and due to be stepped up again this year, and the visuals with the incredible video mapping all over the sculpture is off the scale good. 

Ben

8 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Yes. It’s incredible! 

24 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Just seen Dixon is being billed as UK festival exclusive at lost in the moment festival so think that might end his chances of being at the fest after being taken off the lineup. Gutted

Isn't that just his b2b with Âme? Or is it written somewhere else.

Innervisions founders Dixon and Âme will play b2b for the only time in the UK this year.

I'm pretty sure Dixon was on the Junction 2 lineup so was hardly an exclusive before that was cancelled.

It is odd that he has disappeared from Shangri-La though 😕 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I had a phenomenal time at Jon Hopkins at Beat Hotel Saturday night 2019. Never been to a night time set there before, even though I camp near there. Great crowd. Brilliant set from the man himself 

7 hours ago, ravermum said:

I had a phenomenal time at Jon Hopkins at Beat Hotel Saturday night 2019. Never been to a night time set there before, even though I camp near there. Great crowd. Brilliant set from the man himself 

Thanks, @ravermum

I'm now constantly vacillating between JH/DA and FloPo in my mind. Argh. The former works really well because:

-I'll be at Macca, so easy to get up to San Remo
- I've never done night sets at BH/San Remo
- The timing works really well for me, as I'd go to Joy O and then Pangaea/Pariah after that
- If I go to FloPo I'll have a gap between him and Joy O, and I don't like to 'stop', once I'm raving!

Alternatively, 90 minutes of FloPo on IICON would be something pretty special! Argh!

Ben 

16 hours ago, shorny said:

What's the closest I'm going to get to a Bass House set this year at Glastonbury?

Stuff like Malaa, Joyryde, Habstrakt, Moksi, Wax Motif etc

I really enjoy Wax Motif also so I'm keen for an answer... 

I thought Father Funk was on the lineup but now can't seem to see him anywhere.may have been the 2020 lineup

14 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I thought Father Funk was on the lineup but now can't seem to see him anywhere.may have been the 2020 lineup

Cornish Arms, Sunday 0100-0300h

Use the A-Z view of the line-up, Kate!

Ben
x

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Cornish Arms, Sunday 0100-0300h

Use the A-Z view of the line-up, Kate!

Ben
x

Down for some Father Funk.  Think it maybe DnB heavy so may drop in and see what type of set he does. A funky set would be grand

8 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Down for some Father Funk.  Think it maybe DnB heavy so may drop in and see what type of set he does. A funky set would be grand

Yeah I've just seen him about a month ago and it was a strange set where it went from funky to heavvvvy DnB every few minutes. 

Also hoping for more funky stuff 🙏 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Ah... on clashfinder? I find the app so useless this year! Thanks Ben!

No, I mean on the official line-up page - it's so easy to miss artists if you look at the stage view, so if you're wondering about a specific act or looking to see how many sets a band are playing, the A-Z view is invaluable:

Ben
x

Picture1.png